Hyperlapse Mode and Active Track
3578 7 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grandpoobah
lvl.1
United States

Just got my OM2 and started playing around with some of the time-lapse features including the hyperlapse mode.  I noted that the active track mode doesn't work in it as well as the other time lapse modes.  Anyone else having this issue?  It would be great to have active track available in hyperlapse as the camera then is able to stay focused on the subject that you are highlighting while everything else is moving.  

2018-2-7
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

As I understand how the “hyperlapse” mode (formerly known as motion timelapse), would be unable to use active track as active track keeps a subject centered whereas hyperlapse mode just causes the camera to follow pre programmed steps.

To do what you want to do, you will have to use active track in video mode, then just speed up the video in post processing.
2018-2-7
Use props
grandpoobah
lvl.1
United States

9245 Posted at 2018-2-7 17:17
As I understand how the “hyperlapse” mode (formerly known as motion timelapse), would be unable to use active track as active track keeps a subject centered whereas hyperlapse mode just causes the camera to follow pre programmed steps.

To do what you want to do, you will have to use active track in video mode, then just speed up the video in post processing.

The hyperlapse mode is an additional mode that they added.  The motion timelapse is still there with the option of including steps.  
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, thanks for your attention, may I know the model of your mobile phone? We will add this function the next iOS APP version very soon, appreciate your patience.
2018-2-7
Use props
grandpoobah
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-7 22:24
Hi there, thanks for your attention, may I know the model of your mobile phone? We will add this function the next iOS APP version very soon, appreciate your patience.

Its the iphone X running both the latest iOS and the most recent update of the DJI GO app.  I have also updated the most recent firmware to the OM2.  In the youtube video linked below, i demonstrate how at first it looks like active track would work during the hyperlapse recording however once you hit start it cancels it.  If you try to redo the active track while its recording you receive an error message (hg301_timelapse_forbid_tracking_toast).  It would be great to be able to have active track for the hyperlapse so that you get the best steady shot instead of having to rely on smooth controls using the joystick.  
2018-2-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, I am having issues with that also.
Looks like the motion is not smooth (but goes in steps).
'It' should know it is in hyperlapse mode and make only very small adjustments in motion.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

grandpoobah Posted at 2018-2-7 22:40
Its the iphone X running both the latest iOS and the most recent update of the DJI GO app.  I have also updated the most recent firmware to the OM2.  In the youtube video linked below, i demonstrate how at first it looks like active track would work during the hyperlapse recording however once you hit start it cancels it.  If you try to redo the active track while its recording you receive an error message (hg301_timelapse_forbid_tracking_toast).  It would be great to be able to have active track for the hyperlapse so that you get the best steady shot instead of having to rely on smooth controls using the joystick.  https://youtu.be/DzGhyr_juas

Hi grandpoobah, good news, the DJI GO V3.1.28 has just been released in phases, please update when it is available for you, the Active Track should work in Hyper-timelapse mode.
2018-2-8
Use props
Si300414
New

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-7 22:24

Hi Mindy,

My phone is iPhone 7. It also has problem using hyperlapse with active track. Once I press the start button for hyperlapse, the green box of the tracked item will be gone.
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules