DJIGO4 APP don't recognize the mavic air, says i have a phantom 3!!
8470 12 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_EfiDShbt7be5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14656 ft
Italy

i m having troubles connecting the drone to the app when my samsung s8 is connected to the remote controller, it shows a phantom 3 on the screen, not the mavic air what should i do? everithing is perfect, battery fully charged, firmware updated via pc what m i missing? why the dji go 4 app is showing just phantom-matrice-osmo-inspire, and when connecting the controller, it recognize the drone as a phantom 3 with no possibilities to take off?
what should i do?
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may I know what's the current version the APP? Please try to uninstall the APP, delete all related files and reinstall the APP. It is recommended to download from this page: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads See if it helps.
DJI GO 4.png
2018-2-7
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123960 ft
Singapore

shutdown everything, connect the RC to the phone using the cable, ON the RC give it few seconds then turn ON the MA, the go4 app should get launched automatically and take you thru the steps to connect to MA. I have seen in some cases it took multiple try/restart to get the first connection established. good luck..!
2018-2-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You have to download the latest version of the DJI Go 4 App to get the Mavic Air. Did you do this ?

Dennis UK
2018-2-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Does this happen with CrystalSky? If yes, you have to use a different device until CrystalSky will be eventually updated to GO 4 version 4.2.4.
2018-2-8
Use props
Aksa63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14505 ft
Finland

Hi. This may be a silly question but do you really have installed DJI Go 4 app or is it possible that you have DJI Go app installed instead? I ask it because the Inspire series, Phantom 3 series and Matrice series use DJI Go app but Mavic Air uses DJI Go 4 app.
2018-2-8
Use props
Samvise
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14656 ft
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-7 18:28
Hi there, may I know what's the current version the APP? Please try to uninstall the APP, delete all related files and reinstall the APP. It is recommended to download from this page: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads See if it helps.

Thank you guys

it worked fine, just by downloading the app from that link
all i did was updating everithing from the app

thanks
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Samvise Posted at 2018-2-8 08:11
Thank you guys

it worked fine, just by downloading the app from that link

Thank you for the update and glad that you got it worked. Enjoy!
2018-2-9
Use props
djiuser_CBaIFNuKp5E2
New
Germany

I have the same problem.
Install DJI GO 4 - App (Version 4.2.16 - DJI GO 4--For drones since P4). Latest firmware version.
It show's me the Phantom 4 instead of Mavic Air.

I uninstall the app and restart. I choose "Mavic Air" but it switch to Phantom 4. I test over RC and Wifi-Connection.
2018-5-23
Use props
djiuser_CBaIFNuKp5E2
New
Germany

Testhgfhbcfhbcf
2018-5-23
Use props
djiuser_kn9QpFWYnEGg
New

United Kingdom

I cannot find the mavic air on the DJI GO 4 android app either??
2018-7-11
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

djiuser_kn9QpFWYnEGg Posted at 2018-7-11 09:53
I cannot find the mavic air on the DJI GO 4 android app either??

Once you successfully connect your MA to the app it should automatically detect the MA.  Ensure the RC and the AC is on.
2018-7-11
Use props
tuisto
New

Netherlands

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-11 10:26
Once you successfully connect your MA to the app it should automatically detect the MA.  Ensure the RC and the AC is on.

Was this the solution ?
I have the same problem.

I could not connect my phone (DJI GO 4) app with the RC. I re-installed the app several times and now it says I have a Phantom 4 and still cant connect.
2022-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules