Bought a new P4A from DJI & they sent me an old one!?
984 16 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Film Professor Green
lvl.2
United States

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a brand new phantom 4 Advanced directly from DJI.com
When I opened the package everything looked good but I saw some nicks and scratches where the battery lays.

I did some research and found that people have been sent used or refurbished drones when buying NEW ones.

I connected to the DJI Assistant and saw log files and in the data upload there was abunch of files.. Does this mean someone flew my "brand new drone" in the past.. and this isnt brand new!?

Please let me know what to do and if I should return this immedietly!

Thank you

Capture.JPG
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the confusion first. I've checked the SN, confirm that it is a new drone and has not been activated. There will be some tests before leaving the factory, therefore it is normal to see the log files. No worries.
2018-2-7
Use props
Film Professor Green
lvl.2
United States

Okay thank you, sorry for getting intense about it. I appreciate the quick response! Thank you!
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Film Professor Green Posted at 2018-2-7 21:22
Okay thank you, sorry for getting intense about it. I appreciate the quick response! Thank you!

You are welcome. Feel free to contact us if there are other questions.
2018-2-8
Use props
Film Professor Green
lvl.2
United States

Hi Susan,
I’ve actually noticed my camera/gimbal is not centered. It makes it alittle hard to fly correctly since my view is off.

If I’m looking at my phantom 4 advanced with the camera facing me it is pointed to the right slightly.

Do you know what’s going on or how to fix this?

Thank you.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Film Professor Green Posted at 2018-2-9 11:08
Hi Susan,
I’ve actually noticed my camera/gimbal is not centered. It makes it alittle hard to fly correctly since my view is off.

Hey there, have you tried to do a gimbal calibration? If you haven't, I suggest doing so. If it doesn't help, try to put the drone like the picture shows below and calibrate again. See if it works. gimbal cali.png
2018-2-9
Use props
Film Professor Green
lvl.2
United States

It worked thank you! You guys are awesome! I will update if it does not permently fix. Thanks !
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Film Professor Green Posted at 2018-2-10 10:21
It worked thank you! You guys are awesome! I will update if it does not permently fix. Thanks !

Glad to hear that. Should you have any issues, please keep us updated, we would love to help.
2018-2-10
Use props
Film Professor Green
lvl.2
United States

: (

Unfortunately when I recalibrated it this morning it was off center again. So I recalibrated it but now it is off center by a whole lot more.

I tilted my phantom 4 advanced again like in the picture but now my calibration gets stuck at 50% and my camera/gimbal just rocks back and forth over and over.

What should be done? I need to have a perfectly working drone for my school.
Thank you
2018-2-11
Use props
Film Professor Green
lvl.2
United States

This is alittle upsetting. I bought the drone very recently and only flew it twice. After noticing it beeing off center I have this problem. The drone is brand new.

Here are two videos, the first is doing a regular calibration. A weird sound is made and is calibrated way off center

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ffLOiYg1QYY#

The second is with the drone tilted like shown and it gets stuck at 50% and rocks back and forth over and over

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iyo_MJu5qfQ
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Film Professor Green Posted at 2018-2-11 11:41
This is alittle upsetting. I bought the drone very recently and only flew it twice. After noticing it beeing off center I have this problem. The drone is brand new.

Here are two videos, the first is doing a regular calibration. A weird sound is made and is calibrated way off center

That's pretty sad to hear. For the gimbal calibration issue, I can forward you a beta to try. May I have your DJI email account so I can forward you the beta? Please try to update the beta firmware first. Thank you.
2018-2-11
Use props
Film Professor Green
lvl.2
United States

Certainly, my email is
2018-2-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thank you, the beta has forwarded, please update and see if it works. And for the concern of safety, I had deleted your email.
2018-2-12
Use props
Film Professor Green
lvl.2
United States

Thank you for sending me the beta, unfortunately after updating the problem still persists. Even after calibrating  like shown in the picture above.
This is very upsetting for me, I Just received the drone about 4 or 5 days ago.

DJI Thor I would like to refund my drone for I am still in the 14 day period. Can you please assist me in this?

Thank You.
2018-2-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Film Professor Green Posted at 2018-2-12 11:45
Thank you for sending me the beta, unfortunately after updating the problem still persists. Even after calibrating  like shown in the picture above.
This is very upsetting for me, I Just received the drone about 4 or 5 days ago.

Hi mate, I sympathize with your situation, sorry for the trouble that you’ve been experiencing. Please kindly note that you can request a refund within seven (7) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has a manufacturing defect. If you are within this period, please kindly contact our support this request and start the case, then send the drone in. We will diagnose it when we receive the drone and ensure that it is qualified for a refund, the process will finish.
Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support, I hope your case will be addressed soon. refund.png replacement.png
2018-2-12
Use props
Film Professor Green
lvl.2
United States

Will do thank you, my drone is within the 7 day period.
2018-2-12
Use props
Film Professor Green
lvl.2
United States

Where do I go after I click the link?
Tomorrow (Tuesday February 13th) Will be the last day within the 7 day window. I sent an email to  support.eu@dji.com
I have also sent an email through the site with my proof of purchase and SN.

Thank You DJI Thor for all your help with this I really appreciate it.
Is it possible to let them know that I have requested a refund? I only have tomorrow for the 7 day window period.

Thank You
&
Best Regards

Austin
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules