Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
camera automatically changes to AUTO
466 6 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CreativeSky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I only shoot in manual mode, both for photography and video. I find it most frustrating when I go to use one or flight modes, tracking for example, that the camera switches all by itself to AUTO mode. DJI, it is bad enough I am spending half my time clearing stupid warnings off my screen and now I have to fight the software to keep my camera in manual mode.

Am I missign something.

Is anyone else using a 3rd party software to fly their bird instead of DJI GO app?

Many thanks,
Houston

2018-2-7
Use props
Desertcruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5203159 ft
Switzerland

Same here. But it diesn't happen if your exposure s right! The cam can't track you if you expose to the left to much. Not enough contrast etc.
2018-2-7
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Then perhaps a good idea would be for the app to revert to the camera settings prior to changing modes, or, can you  not save camera settings under a preset? 3 of them i beleive, if you are not using all of them then perhaps do this prior to using a "Mode"
2018-2-7
Use props
Desertcruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5203159 ft
Switzerland

Good idea! Thanks for your advise!

Chris
2018-2-9
Use props
Wingshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90686 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are the camera Presets working now?  Last time I tried to use them it would cause weird behavior.
2018-2-10
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Desertcruiser Posted at 2018-2-7 21:21
Same here. But it diesn't happen if your exposure s right! The cam can't track you if you expose to the left to much. Not enough contrast etc.

I understand your point about contrast but quite frankly, I am exposed correctly, if anything I keep my histogram as far right as possible, but I see why they may think this is a good idea. Give me the option to turn this off if that is the case. If you cant track with my exposure settings, then so be it, at least I will get a visual que that something is wrong as apposed to just changing my settings for me. The word PRO in products these days is a marketing cliche and not to be taken too seriously I guess.
2018-3-20
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

CreativeSky Posted at 2018-3-20 20:45
I understand your point about contrast but quite frankly, I am exposed correctly, if anything I keep my histogram as far right as possible, but I see why they may think this is a good idea. Give me the option to turn this off if that is the case. If you cant track with my exposure settings, then so be it, at least I will get a visual que that something is wrong as apposed to just changing my settings for me. The word PRO in products these days is a marketing cliche and not to be taken too seriously I guess.

It seems that the software for the P4P is doing this to a number of settings. People are reporting that they set a given setting, and come back and it has reverted to what it was before. DJI need to address this.
2018-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules