Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2176d1e0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 607477 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drones Puppet Posted at 2018-2-15 12:44
Ok, found a solution: I have limited the angle of attack in sport mode with DJI Assistant 2 @parameters (Debug Mode).
It now flies a bit slower, but the gimbal setting is now optimal.

Please, can you post what settings you used on Dji Assistant 2?
2018-2-26
Use props
Drones Puppet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 390154 ft
Germany

20° (35° is default)
2018-2-26
Use props
exos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425486 ft
Canada

Seems like everybody thinks it's a problem in Sport mode. NOT TRUE! It will happen in P mode also,  in moderate / high wind. Try it and see.
2018-3-1
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I tried explaining this to the guy...even the mavic pro does this in sport mode...
2018-3-1
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s a very small aircraft, it’s flight is characteristics are bound by physics, to go forwards you increase angle of attack, if the wind is blowing and you want to go forward the angle of attack has to increase the gimbal is small and constrained so it runs out of ‘up tilt’ quite quickly.

The Pro can tilt up a lot more than the air and it has a larger footprint, it does not need the same  high angle of attack, the Phantom is bigger again, the Inspire bigger again.

Flight is all about compromises, physics gives with one hand and takes with another. The gamble software will improve but there are limits.

Not sure why you would shoot video in sport mode, but each of us have our own requirements, fly lower and slower will give a better cinematic effect.
2018-3-2
Use props
sonic_tooth
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

This video guide should help!
2018-3-2
Use props
sonic_tooth
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

This video guide should help!
2018-3-2
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

D Rainmaker also spotted this problem on his review of active track. Coming from the Mavic Pro this is so disappointing especially as the Spark doesn't have this problem and is lower in the range.
2018-3-20
Use props
stanzhang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1792188 ft
France

I have exactly the same problem! The first time trying out the mavic air drone, in sport move the camera just goes down like that. I've owned a spark and it never did this to me. On the spark, the camera always balances well when it tilted in sport mode.
Can't decide which drone to prefer, the spark's camera is a bit shaky during sharp turns in sport mode but the mavic air camera tilts down.
2018-7-3
Use props
fans1197fab2
lvl.1
United States

Hey all. There probably won’t be a fix. Where the gimbal is placed it needs to shoot down a little. When in sports mode you’ll notice that the Air has a crazy tilt when moving. The front down and the tail up. The gimbal is placed in that pocket that if it were to keep its straight position, footage would be bad as it will film the top of the hood and propellers. As we are happy that the gimbal seems protected cause it doesn’t sit low and out in the open this is the result. Now for banking left and right, my guess is the gimbal has stabilization limits because the drone has a crazy tilt when banking. You wouldn’t think so cause it seems like it’s flexible, but it obviously doesn’t. I’m unsure a firmware will come out that fixes the gimbal banking left and right cause it’s been a few months and nothing. As for flying forward, nothing they can do. If ithe gimbal sat lower, it would a different story. It’s sucks but I hope this makes sense.
2018-9-23
Use props
fans4b21e804
lvl.1

United States

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2018-2-16 10:35
btw The Mavic Pro has a similar "feature" if you have the gimbal tilted higher than the standard horizon (extended 30deg tilt ON), it will automatically bring it down to horizon level when you fly forward over 10kmh.   It does not reset to the previous gimbal tilt when you stop.

So are you saying that if I take off that feature which extends the gimbal range then my gimbal won’t drop when accelerating?

It happens to me in P, speeding up slowly and gently. Ruins most every single video. I’m flabbergasted this automatically happens. Seems like a huge huge problem that needs immediate fixing, hoping that limiting the gimbal will do it.
2019-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules