Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Updating data base for flying safely
1689 21 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daisy-girl
lvl.2
United States

Will allowing this also update the firmware or the DJI app?

Is there a method to do it other than wireless to my tablet?

Thank you.
2018-2-7
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No - your firmware on the AC will stay the same (i.e. 01.04.0200), only the NFZ database is being updated. DJI app stays at its current version.

Is there a method to do it other than wireless to my tablet?

Yes - you need a PC/Mac and DJI Assistant 2. Plug your AC via USB to the PC/Mac, start Assistant 2, click on the Aircraft symbol, wait a few seconds and you'll get the info screen that a NFZ update is available.
Click Yes, wait a few seconds - done.

I hope this helps.
Regards,
// K
2018-2-8
Use props
daisy-girl
lvl.2
United States

Keule Posted at 2018-2-8 00:16

No - your firmware on the AC will stay the same (i.e. 01.04.0200), only the NFZ database is being updated. DJI app stays at its current version.

The data port on the AC appears to be Micro SD, however, it does not accept my cable. Is it other than Micro SD?

Thank you.

2018-2-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just micro SD - it is a bit fiddly - try putting it both sides
2018-2-8
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

so i did update my 'data base for flying safely today" - it has not updated my app - i remain on v4.2.4
2018-2-8
Use props
daisy-girl
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-8 03:19
Just micro SD - it is a bit fiddly - try putting it both sides

Will my firmware and app stay the same even if not 01.04.0200?

Thank you.
2018-2-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

daisy-girl Posted at 2018-2-8 13:31
Will my firmware and app stay the same even if not 01.04.0200?

Thank you.

Yes it will - only the database will update.
2018-2-8
Use props
daisy-girl
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-8 13:34
Yes it will - only the database will update.

"Verification Code Cannot Be Empty" -- but there is no code for me to type!
2018-2-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

daisy-girl Posted at 2018-2-8 14:14
"Verification Code Cannot Be Empty" -- but there is no code for me to type!

Is the drone turned on and connected to the RC with that connected to the device and connected to WiFi? The mobile needs to know it's location.
2018-2-8
Use props
daisy-girl
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-8 14:28
Is the drone turned on and connected to the RC with that connected to the device and connected to WiFi? The mobile needs to know it's location.

J connected the AC directly to the PC and got a message that the update is complete. However, when I went out to fly the next day, I was still informed that I need to update to the latest Precise NFZ database. Thanks for informing me that the location of my iPad Mini 4 must be known.

Will the database also work re NFZ's in the Philippines, without also updating the database there?

Thank you.
2018-2-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

daisy-girl Posted at 2018-2-11 02:19
J connected the AC directly to the PC and got a message that the update is complete. However, when I went out to fly the next day, I was still informed that I need to update to the latest Precise NFZ database. Thanks for informing me that the location of my iPad Mini 4 must be known.

Will the database also work re NFZ's in the Philippines, without also updating the database there?

It will probably prompt for you to update it again when at another country
2018-2-11
Use props
daisy-girl
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-11 02:23
It will probably prompt for you to update it again when at another country

When you wrote that the device needs to know its location, that's what I expected. Thanks for the reply.
2018-2-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No probs! Hope it all works out
2018-2-11
Use props
daisy-girl
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-11 04:40
No probs! Hope it all works out

During the installation of DJI Assistant-2 I got the message in the attachment. Please advise how to react.
2018-2-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That’s normal - accept it and proceed - be sure to turn back on your privacy settings after the installation.
2018-2-12
Use props
daisy-girl
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-12 01:50
That’s normal - accept it and proceed - be sure to turn back on your privacy settings after the installation.

Thanks for the fast reply. BTW, with regard to "Is the drone turned on and connected to the RC with that connected to the device and connected to WiFi? The mobile needs to know it's location" -- is that procedure specific to updateng the NFZ database, or may it also be used for updating the app and fw without using the Assistant?

Thank you.
2018-2-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just the NFZ regarding location but you will need a good WiFi connection to download the FW
2018-2-12
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

daisy-girl Posted at 2018-2-12 02:37
Thanks for the fast reply. BTW, with regard to "Is the drone turned on and connected to the RC with that connected to the device and connected to WiFi? The mobile needs to know it's location" -- is that procedure specific to updateng the NFZ database, or may it also be used for updating the app and fw without using the Assistant?

Thank you.

Yes it will run the same process if you update using the Go4 App (it should prompt you that there is an update available), you can choose to update or ignore the update if you want. I recommend you read the release notes for that particular update before completing it. Just make sure you have a good uninterrupted WiFi signal.
2018-2-12
Use props
daisy-girl
lvl.2
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-2-12 02:46
Yes it will run the same process if you update using the Go4 App (it should prompt you that there is an update available), you can choose to update or ignore the update if you want. I recommend you read the release notes for that particular update before completing it. Just make sure you have a good uninterrupted WiFi signal.

Excellent suggestion -- but if I choose to ignore the update, does that invalidate my use of DJI Care Refresh if ever I need it?

Thanks again.
2018-2-12
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

daisy-girl Posted at 2018-2-12 02:56
Excellent suggestion -- but if I choose to ignore the update, does that invalidate my use of DJI Care Refresh if ever I need it?

Thanks again.

No as long as you you are using a DJI App you are good, only third party Apps like Litchi are grounds for loosing Care Refresh coverage.
2018-2-12
Use props
daisy-girl
lvl.2
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-2-12 03:11
No as long as you you are using a DJI App you are good, only third party Apps like Litchi are grounds for loosing Care Refresh coverage.

That's a fair policy, for sure.
2018-2-12
Use props
daisy-girl
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-12 02:43
Just the NFZ regarding location but you will need a good WiFi connection to download the FW

So I downloaded and installed the NFZ files via the iPad Mini 4 as I do have a strong WiFi connection.

However, when I proceeded as if I wished to fly, I got a message that there were some modules that are incompatible with my current FW.

So, I attached first the RX and then the AC both directly to my PC and refreshed my current FW 01.03.1000 on each of them. My gimbal started working again!

At present, I haven't yet attempted to fly, so I don't know what will happen with re the NFZ files, but what I do know is this: DJI GO 4 is telling me that although everything is "normal" an upgrade is "required," so I should to go the DJI GO homepage to get it.

To get what?

Thank you.

Update 2018 2-16@0940:

Just returned from flying at my usual location.

"About" showed that the latest Precise NFZs are installed -- no issue when maintaining a distance of no more than 15m from my location with the RC in hand. Climbing to 120m results in a "weak signal" warning that corrects by adjusting the antennas straight up.

Conclusion: I can ignore the "required" update from the DJO GO homepage, but I am still curious what it might be.
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules