Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans329a5a1b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25049 ft
Netherlands

Hi all,

Need some advice

My Phantom 4 hit a 30cm pole on a bicycletrack using Activetrack and Avoidance was on. Now i got a reply from DJI that it's a pilot  fold...

The pole was not too small, its is bigger the most threes and it was on a biketrack and NOT on the road as DJI support mentioned.

Can i do anyting more?

Thanks!

DJI reply:

No warranty unit It is recommended to replace the water-damaged aircraft with a new one. Fly82 1.The aircraft worked in GPS mode. 2.The pilot used ActiveTrack function, the aircraft was following the target and flying in right-front direction, then it crashed at t=281s with relative height of 3 meters. Conclusion: Pilot fault, chargeable RMA. About Avoidance: No avoidance in left or right side of aircraft. And the pole was too small for aircraft to detect, pilot should pay attention to flight environment. (It`s on the road according to the map, should be a lamp pole)
2018-2-8
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

Flame it big..
Let the admins here raise it up for ya...
2018-2-8
Use props
fans329a5a1b
lvl.2
Netherlands

Siambuddhas Group Posted at 2018-2-8 00:35
Flame it big..
Let the admins here raise it up for ya...

My English sucks

What do you mean by ''Flame it big'' ?

Thanks!

Danny
2018-2-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans329a5a1b Posted at 2018-2-8 00:44
My English sucks

What do you mean by ''Flame it big'' ?

he means that he didn't understand DJI's explanation.

If your Phantom isn't flying forwards, it's not going to have obstacle avoidance in the direction it is flying.
The operator has to take responsibility when flying close to obstacles in that orientation.
2018-2-8
Use props
fans329a5a1b
lvl.2
Netherlands

Support told me to sent an email so i did. Very quick respons of support that they  will look in to it.

Will be continued!

Danny
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. I would recommend you provide the case number for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-8
Use props
fans329a5a1b
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-8 04:22
Hi, there. I would recommend you provide the case number for further check. Thanks for your support.

CAS-1444725-K0K0J0

Thanks!

Danny
2018-2-8
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

According to their response, you were flying with the camera pointed at an angle to the side compared to the direction of flight which means the avoidance sensors would not be looking directly ahead. Do you have video of the crash you can share?
2018-2-8
Use props
djiuser_xy6tc2h3Xuh8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197123 ft
United States

[tr][/tr]
[tr][/tr]
I agree completely

2018-2-8
Use props
fans329a5a1b
lvl.2
Netherlands

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2018-2-8 06:09
According to their response, you were flying with the camera pointed at an angle to the side compared to the direction of flight which means the avoidance sensors would not be looking directly ahead. Do you have video of the crash you can share?

Can the drone do that? I didnt

I started filming in the front. Then activated the Active track and it starts following my son. I didnt do anything with the camera, it was hitting the obstacle in 10 seconds.

Thanks,

Danny
2018-2-8
Use props
fans329a5a1b
lvl.2
Netherlands

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2018-2-8 06:09

Forgot to mention this! No, sorry. There is a file, but it is broken. I think the drone didnt got the chance to save the file the right way.
2018-2-8
Use props
fans359e3687
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26024 ft
United States

Hello I have a problem.  Since I can’t post my own posts yet because the DJI forums says I can’t, I am posting here. Yesterday I was flying my DJI spark, and it was hovering  about 10 feet above the home point. Suddenly, my phone disconnected, and instead of the drone landing at the home. point,  it Suddenly went forward about 20 feet without me controlling it, and it hit a tree and got damaged. The front of the drone was facing the tree and even then the obstacle avoidance didn’t stop it from hitting the tree. The drone also had 70% battery and a good Wi-Fi signal. I sent my drone into DJI yeste suddenly went forward about 20 feet without me controlling it, and it hit a tree and got damaged. The front of the drone was facing the tree and even then the obstacle avoidance didn’t stop it from hitting the tree. The drone also had 70% battery and a good Wi-Fi signal. I sent my drone into DJI  today. Will DJI pay for the issue, or will they blame me. It wasn’t my fault at all, and I am really upset. The frame just got damaged a little bit. All the wires are still intact but one of the arms that held up the propellers broke. Also how long will it take for them to fix it. If you can, please give me your thoughts on this because I am extremely upset.
2018-2-8
Use props
fans359e3687
lvl.1
United States

fans359e3687 Posted at 2018-2-8 13:24
Hello I have a problem.  Since I can’t post my own posts yet because the DJI forums says I can’t, I am posting here. Yesterday I was flying my DJI spark, and it was hovering  about 10 feet above the home point. Suddenly, my phone disconnected, and instead of the drone landing at the home. point,  it Suddenly went forward about 20 feet without me controlling it, and it hit a tree and got damaged. The front of the drone was facing the tree and even then the obstacle avoidance didn’t stop it from hitting the tree. The drone also had 70% battery and a good Wi-Fi signal. I sent my drone into DJI yeste suddenly went forward about 20 feet without me controlling it, and it hit a tree and got damaged. The front of the drone was facing the tree and even then the obstacle avoidance didn’t stop it from hitting the tree. The drone also had 70% battery and a good Wi-Fi signal. I sent my drone into DJI  today. Will DJI pay for the issue, or will they blame me. It wasn’t my fault at all, and I am really upset. The frame just got damaged a little bit. All the wires are still intact but one of the arms that held up the propellers broke. Also how long will it take for them to fix it. If you can, please give me your thoughts on this because I am extremely upset.

Sorry that post was a little bas
2018-2-8
Use props
fans359e3687
lvl.1
United States

Sorry that post was a little bad
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans329a5a1b Posted at 2018-2-8 04:23
CAS-1444725-K0K0J0

Thanks!

Danny, are there any pictures or video of this crash that we can refer to? Though the video was corrupted, could you please still upload the video of this crash and a short undamaged video from the same SD card to Dropbox, I would like to check. Thank you.
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hello I have a problem.  Since I can’t post my own posts yet because the DJI forums says I can’t, I am posting here. Yesterday I was flying my DJI spark, and it was hovering  about 10 feet above the home point. Suddenly, my phone disconnected, and instead of the drone landing at the home. point,  it Suddenly went forward about 20 feet without me controlling it, and it hit a tree and got damaged. The front of the drone was facing the tree and even then the obstacle avoidance didn’t stop it from hitting the tree. The drone also had 70% battery and a good Wi-Fi signal. I sent my drone into DJI yeste suddenly went forward about 20 feet without me controlling it, and it hit a tree and got damaged. The front of the drone was facing the tree and even then the obstacle avoidance didn’t stop it from hitting the tree. The drone also had 70% battery and a good Wi-Fi signal. I sent my drone into DJI  today. Will DJI pay for the issue, or will they blame me. It wasn’t my fault at all, and I am really upset. The frame just got damaged a little bit. All the wires are still intact but one of the arms that held up the propellers broke. Also how long will it take for them to fix it. If you can, please give me your thoughts on this because I am extremely upset.

Hi there, sorry for the crash, I had replied your original post. Please check. Thank you.
2018-2-8
Use props
fans329a5a1b
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-8 19:38
Danny, are there any pictures or video of this crash that we can refer to? Though the video was corrupted, could you please still upload the video of this crash and a short undamaged video from the same SD card to Dropbox, I would like to check. Thank you.

I got the corrupt file fixed! So this video is taking with active track I didnt control the drone or the camera.

Thanks for your time!

Photo from same area.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 14/view?usp=sharing

Video of same drone, earlier.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... dL/view?usp=sharing

And the most important one, the one where i lost my new hobby;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Bd/view?usp=sharing

Danny
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans329a5a1b Posted at 2018-2-9 00:45
I got the corrupt file fixed! So this video is taking with active track I didnt control the drone or the camera.

Thanks for your time!

Danny, thank you for providing me with the info. I will forward to the engineers to review again. Will get back to you once I hear anything from them. Please wait patiently.
2018-2-9
Use props
fans329a5a1b
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-9 03:47
Danny, thank you for providing me with the info. I will forward to the engineers to review again. Will get back to you once I hear anything from them. Please wait patiently.

Thanks!!!

Waiting is difficult;) I just used it a couple of times and now i am addicted!
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans329a5a1b Posted at 2018-2-9 04:03
Thanks!!!

Waiting is difficult;) I just used it a couple of times and now i am addicted!

Hi mate, after reviewing the video you provided, I am sorry to tell that it would not be a warranty case. The pole is small and without clear patterns and texture, the object doesn't meet the need for the obstacle avoidance, the official website and users manual have stated this. You might need to learn from it, pay attention to the environment around. oa.png oa2.png
2018-2-9
Use props
fans329a5a1b
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-9 18:39
Hi mate, after reviewing the video you provided, I am sorry to tell that it would not be a warranty case. The pole is small and without clear patterns and texture, the object doesn't meet the need for the obstacle avoidance, the official website and users manual have stated this. You might need to learn from it, pay attention to the environment around.[view_image][view_image]

Thanks for your effort!

Stillnot convinced... its says ' small objects like  ranches and powerlines'.

But this was a 30cm pole, not a line or branche. Still rhinking about my further actions...

Any change i can get a good discount when i buy another drone in the online store ?

Danny
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans329a5a1b Posted at 2018-2-9 22:45
Thanks for your effort!

Stillnot convinced... its says ' small objects like  ranches and powerlines'.

Danny, I am sorry your case, but there might not be a discount. But if you are eligible, you can join the DJI Select. You will be provided with some coupons. If there is more info needed, you can visit this site: https://store.dji.com/select?from=store-nav
2018-2-10
Use props
fans329a5a1b
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-10 02:59
Danny, I am sorry your case, but there might not be a discount. But if you are eligible, you can join the DJI Select. You will be provided with some coupons. If there is more info needed, you can visit this site: https://store.dji.com/select?from=store-nav

Thanks again for your time.

How can i get my drone back from the repair centre?

Thanks.

Danny
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans329a5a1b Posted at 2018-2-10 03:01
Thanks again for your time.

How can i get my drone back from the repair centre?

Not at all. Just to verify, now you want to return the drone without repairing, right? If so, you can contact our support and tell them the request. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support
Thank you so much.
2018-2-10
Use props
fans3a0341c4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12129199 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder how many people believe that obstical avoidance is a replacement for piloting their drones? It's not perfect people! I've owned about a dozen drones and the Mavic was my first drone with any crash avoidance. It's nice to have but I don't rely on it to take the place of common sense. Sheesh.
2018-2-11
Use props
fans329a5a1b
lvl.2
Netherlands

fans3a0341c4 Posted at 2018-2-11 07:34
I wonder how many people believe that obstical avoidance is a replacement for piloting their drones? It's not perfect people! I've owned about a dozen drones and the Mavic was my first drone with any crash avoidance. It's nice to have but I don't rely on it to take the place of common sense. Sheesh.

Sheesh? Common sense? Your funny....

They advertise with active track and obstacle avoidance. Is it that strange people use that function , crash because of using that function and then ask questions about it?

Sheesh....
2018-2-11
Use props
fans3a0341c4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12129199 ft
  • >>>
United States

No but you can't just go to sleep at the controller. The don't advertise that it's perfect. I own the Yuneec Typhoon H Pro as well that has much more advanced obstical avoidance and it still runs into things! Check Tom's Tech Time if you don't believe me. At this point in time you can't expect the drone to do everything for you. You should survey the area for obsticals, plan your route and still keep an eye on your drone the whole time it's in the air. They have never claimed that it was perfect, just the opposite in fact. It's a tool that can assist you in a pinch but it doesn't make our drones idiot proof! No where in the manual does DJI state that you can rely on OA to save you in every instance.
2018-2-11
Use props
fans329a5a1b
lvl.2
Netherlands

Is it possible to check my  logbof today to check for errors?

Today i received my drone back after hitting a pole and 10 sec in water.  Its not repaired.

The drone itself is in good shape, a small  crack on the landinggear.

Today i went for a dight, and it went very well! But i want to be sure its safe to fly without any major errors.

Is it possible to check my logs for any errors?

Thanks,

Danny
2018-2-15
Use props
fans329a5a1b
lvl.2
Netherlands

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/XCP8U5XTSNJYSUIKEK6C/

is this the kind of log i/we can use for that?
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans329a5a1b Posted at 2018-2-15 10:05
Is it possible to check my  logbof today to check for errors?

Today i received my drone back after hitting a pole and 10 sec in water.  Its not repaired.

Danny, thanks for getting back to us. For the watered drone, it is not recommended to fly any more as the performance can not be ensured. Sorry about this.
2018-2-17
Use props
fans329a5a1b
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-17 03:29
Danny, thanks for getting back to us. For the watered drone, it is not recommended to fly any more as the performance can not be ensured. Sorry about this.

No problem. Thanks.

I couldnt wait, just received my Mavic air New try;)
2018-2-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans329a5a1b Posted at 2018-2-17 03:31
No problem. Thanks.

I couldnt wait, just received my Mavic air New try;)

Congratulations! Wish you have a good time on flying the Mavic Air. Feel free to contact us if there are any other questions.
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules