How to output to HDMI display
6411 6 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_VAjAMtRSIPs0
lvl.2
France

Hi there,

did someone manage to use a extra external HDMI monitor when flying ?
To be clear: I am not trying to use the montior and replace the smartphone like the DJI CrystalSky would, I am just looking to have an extra monitor mirroring the phone's display to get a better, bigger and brighter display without spending 600 bucks.

Thanks !

RD
2018-2-8
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You can use a large iPad for a bigger screen (this is what I am doing) or you can use a phone/tablet with an HDMI output. There you can connect a HDMI device. For the Mavic is no HDMI module available (like for P3 or Inspire)
2018-2-8
Use props
djiuser_VAjAMtRSIPs0
lvl.2
France

Dirk52 Posted at 2018-2-8 03:29
You can use a large iPad for a bigger screen (this is what I am doing) or you can use a phone/tablet with an HDMI output. There you can connect a HDMI device. For the Mavic is no HDMI module available (like for P3 or Inspire)

Thanks for your answer, but how would I connect the phone to HDMI when it is already connected to the RC ??
I would prefer an HDMI display which would be way brighter than a tablet (and which I own :-)
2018-2-8
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221476 ft
United Kingdom

You need to output from a device with a HDMI output, the mavic controller doesn't have HDMI out. The only tablet/phone I know of with HDMI out is the Nvidia Shield.
2018-2-8
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_VAjAMtRSIPs0 Posted at 2018-2-8 03:35
Thanks for your answer, but how would I connect the phone to HDMI when it is already connected to the RC ??
I would prefer an HDMI display which would be way brighter than a tablet (and which I own :-)

You have to connect it with a separate cable, not via usb like the rc.
Here is a list of devices using HDMI or mhl out:
https://www.computersdealstore.c ... mhl-or-hdmi-output/
2018-2-8
Use props
rd73
lvl.2
France

Dirk52 Posted at 2018-2-8 07:02
You have to connect it with a separate cable, not via usb like the rc.
Here is a list of devices using HDMI or mhl out:
https://www.computersdealstore.com/list-of-all-2016-2017-phones-supporting-mhl-or-hdmi-output/

Excellent, thanks Dirk52 !
2018-2-8
Use props
fans55ae5496
lvl.4

United States

if i add the HDMI module to my P3Pro will i be able to connect a second ipad via the USB port on the HDMI module?

I want others to be able to see (on second ipad) what I am seeing (on the ipad connected directly to the RC)  as I fly the camera. I have a second ipad, don't want to buy an HDMI capable monitor and have to deal with power supply etc out in the field.

Thanks for any tips you may offer.
2018-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules