Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Would you wait a little longer to get your own drone back
1461 10 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

Quite a few people have commented that when a faulty dji drone (Mavic Pro / Spark / Mavic Air) is replaced/repaired under warranty, one never gets the original drone back but a refurbished / used / second hand machine.

Some have said that they don't care, as long as it works while other people are indignant that their brand new machine has been replaced with 'somebody else's' pre-loved repaired machine. (Lol, try that when your new car is defective - "Yes sir, we exchanged it for last year's model but it drives ok")

So what I am asking is would you be prepared to wait a little longer to get your original drone back after it has been repaired?

The way I see it, faulty drones roll into the repair facility and repaired / refurbished drones roll off the end of the line and are shipped out. It may expidite turnaround but it is a bit of a lottery.

As for a 'bit longer', how much longer would one wait? That's open to discussion and dji, I hope that you are monitoring this thread and act on whatever the outcome is.

Regards * hex *     

Single SelectVote, Total 23 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

65.22% (15)
4.35% (1)
30.43% (7)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for your attention. And we would like to hear the advice and feedback from our customers.
2018-2-8
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have invested in 2 skin sets costing be about $40 usd to make the current look of mine the way I want it. I would not send my Mavic into DJI for repairs or even consider DJI refresh for that exact reason. I also do not want to get a slightly "worn" machine, especially when I take really good care of mine and it is still like new. Last thing I wan't back is a sloppy worn in Mavic that the previous owner did not care for.  I have also read a ton of stories of repairs coming back with sloppy arms, scratches, camera/gimble issues and prop motor failures.  no thanks! - Instead: I use State Farm insurance so that in the event of a disaster; even a water sploosh... I get a new drone of my choice. ($60 a year and that also covers my iPad, laptop and camera!) ~ SN: Mavic's also have a known issue with the camera - gimble ribbon cable.. I have pre-purchased the repair part and am just waiting on the failure. I will do the repairs myself knowing that if I send to DJI it will be 3 weeks and chances are that the ribbon cable will still fail on the replacement.
2018-2-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Doesn't bother me - as long as it works and is in mint condition. That said, if it was a DOA unit (broken out of the box upon delivery) I would expect a brand new replacement.
2018-2-8
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I would never purchase a DJI product directly from them. This is why I always buy at Best Buy. Any problems take it right back no questions asked. And I also carry state farm insurance. No need to deal with DJI directly.
2018-2-8
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see the refurbished sales on the DJI site, on eBay and Amazon and it makes me wonder. Are the crappy refurbs being used to warranty repairs, and the gorgeous brand new repairs simply resold as expensive refurbs? It clearly states the refurbs are preowned but returned within 7 days. But who does that? There can’t be that many can there? Call me paranoid I guess.

Jeff
2018-2-8
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Has anybody ever brought their Ford into a dealer shop, and asked for a repair. Only to go home with a different car? Come on people, wake up. There is only one reason DJI, cell phone companies, and other tech companies do this....... It's to screw over the customers. Send out new, yet broken crap, and buy yourself another month. Or the customer will get fed up, and but the newest tech instead of dealing with returns.

To answer the question, no it's not ok that DJI returns others drones. Yes they should repair only the drone you send in, and if they can't, they should replace it with a brand new drone. Simple.

The cost of a new drone to make from DJI has to be under 100$. That is the cost of Refresh. Put that into perspective.
2018-2-8
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

Looking good so far. Thanks to the people who have taken the time to vote/reply

* hex *
2018-2-8
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a minor issue with my Mavic and DJI sent me out a brand new machine. If they had not been good enough to do this, I would have preferred to have my machine repaired rather than a refurbished unit as I know what mine has done and not what the refurbished one has done. I have found DJI’s service to be excellent any time I have needed them.
2018-2-8
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I just take mine back to Best Buy.
2018-2-8
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-2-8 15:03
I just take mine back to Best Buy.

ya i am thinking about BB being my next purchase place. They've never said no to me as long as it is in their window set in their rules.
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules