Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FiLMiC Pro on Mobile 2
62866 62866 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
soupie
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Has anybody had any joy getting FilMic Pro to work on an OSMO Mobile 2?
I know that not all functions work like they do on the DJI App but I cannot get the record or mode buttons to work.

2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi soupie, I will confirm with our engineers to see if the FilMic is compatible with Osmo Mobile 2 in working hours, will keep you updated soon, appreciate your patience.
2018-2-8
Use props
soupie
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks Mindy, I hope so!
2018-2-8
Use props
slimharry
Second Officer

Canada

I would like to know as well. Waiting to purchase Filmic if Osmo  mobile 2 is compatible
2018-2-8
Use props
Mikolaj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108471 ft
Poland

I would rather ask FiLMiC Pro devs. It’s them, who need to update the app or confirm, it’s compatible with this new hardware.
2018-2-8
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mikolaj Posted at 2018-2-8 08:27
I would rather ask FiLMiC Pro devs. It’s them, who need to update the app or confirm, it’s compatible with this new hardware.

I received the following from Filmic Pro support:

“Additionally, we are currently working to integrate with the Osmo Mobile 2, but there are still some issues to sort out with their SDK. We hope to have this available soon.‘

2018-2-8
Use props
TravelMutt
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Has anyone been using Filmic Pro with their Osmo Mobile 2?  I can't film in 4K with my LG V20 and the DJI GO app, so I was thinking about using Filmic Pro.  I wouldn't be able to use most of the gimbal features, but would at least get steady 4K film from the gimbal.  

Anyone else tried it yet?
2018-2-21
Use props
djiuser_L17O7azRV1XA
lvl.1

Netherlands

Currently the devs at Filmic Pro are trying to resolve this - there are functions that aren't described in the Osmo Mobile 2 SDK, like how to use the zoom switch (for example). They were very eager to have it work completely with the new gimbal, and I understand that they are in touch with DJI. Hopefully soon.
2018-2-21
Use props
TravelMutt
lvl.1

United Kingdom

That will be awesome.  
DJI GO app is useless for somebody with an LG phone if we can't film in 4K.  
2018-2-21
Use props
soupie
lvl.3
United Kingdom

There was an update to the FiLMiC Pro app on iPhone today - but does not seem to add any functions (zoom etc) on the Mobile 2!

A real shame, I had thought they would have worked on this.
2018-2-23
Use props
WalkingOnTheStreet
lvl.1
United States

TravelMutt Posted at 2018-2-21 07:20
Has anyone been using Filmic Pro with their Osmo Mobile 2?  I can't film in 4K with my LG V20 and the DJI GO app, so I was thinking about using Filmic Pro.  I wouldn't be able to use most of the gimbal features, but would at least get steady 4K film from the gimbal.  

Anyone else tried it yet?

I'm using FiLMic Pro on iPhone8 with Osmo Mobile 2. I like to take 24 fps, but DJI app only allows 30 fps. So far so good except the recording button. You need to manually press the recording button on your display, Osmo Mobile2's button does not support it yet I believe.
2018-2-23
Use props
WalkingOnTheStreet
lvl.1
United States

FYI, if you want to film in Log or flat, you need to purchase that feature separately in FiLMic Pro...$25 + $9.99...
2018-2-23
Use props
soupie
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yep, no recording button and no zoom function on the handle. Not great really!
2018-2-23
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
American Samoa

The recording button is the one I'm waiting on to get updated.  Am I the only person who doesn't care about the zooming capabilities?  I never use this feature because it's digital zoom and all it's doing its cropping the image. I rather have more screen real estate to play with in post in which is very helpful for those fake cinematic movements etc.  
2018-2-23
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 2018-2-23 09:36
The recording button is the one I'm waiting on to get updated.  Am I the only person who doesn't care about the zooming capabilities?  I never use this feature because it's digital zoom and all it's doing its cropping the image. I rather have more screen real estate to play with in post in which is very helpful for those fake cinematic movements etc.

I agree that one has a much better chance of getting the zoom effect that you really want in post-processing and with an app like LumaFusion you can even do it on an iOS device.
2018-2-23
Use props
homan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89514 ft
Hong Kong

The recording button is the one I'm waiting on to get updated.  Am I the only person who doesn't care about the zooming capabilities?  I never use this feature because it's digital zoom and all it's doing its cropping the image. I rather have more screen real estate to play with in post in which is very helpful for those fake cinematic movements etc.

I think we have more concern to use the record button than the zoom button. Can the team update the apps with record function first? Thanks.
2018-3-7
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

Is Filmic Pro work well on Android as well?
2018-3-8
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
  • >>>
United States

The recording button is the one I'm waiting on to get updated.  Am I the only person who doesn't care about the zooming capabilities?  I never use this feature because it's digital zoom and all it's doing its cropping the image. I rather have more screen real estate to play with in post in which is very helpful for those fake cinematic movements etc.

I reached out to Filmic Pro about the record button and trying to get that implemented while they are waiting for DJI to release the Software Developer Kit for the Osmo Mobile 2.
I received the following back from Filmic Pro Support:

"Garrett replied
Mar 8, 11:06am
Hi Bob,

Thanks for writing in. Remote/Bluetooth Shutter is something we get requests for from time to time and plan to work toward implementing this capability soon. This capability will also likely allow you to use the Osmo Mobile 2 record button while we work on proper implementation with the gimbal itself. The problem lies in the fact that we use the vol+/- buttons on the side of iDevices for the purpose of controlling audio monitor volume levels, which has become a valuable feature to many of our users. Ideally, we would like to integrate a way for the user to choose between audio monitor level control and remote/bluetooth shutter control. Hopefully soon!"

FOR DJI:
When are you going to release the Software Development Kit for the Osmo Mobile 2?

How do I request a copy of the SDK?
2018-3-8
Use props
MediaElite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 408343 ft
United States

Can Active Track be used in Filmic Pro?
2018-3-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MediaElite Posted at 2018-3-10 11:04

Not at this moment.
2018-3-10
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
  • >>>
United States

MediaElite Posted at 2018-3-10 11:04

Active track when using the OM2 is only available with the DJI Go app.  

3rd party developers have yet to receive the SDK from DJI for the OM2 so their hands are tied as far as coding advanced functions into their software for the OM2.

2018-3-10
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Filimic Pro for iOS app updated today for initial OM2 support (record/shutter function).

The OM2 record button is now working with Filmic Pro for iOS.  That is a great start and what I think we needed most to work.  Do not select DJI OSMO Mobile in the Hardware section of Filmic Pro settings as this is only for the original OSMO Mobile and not the OSMO Mobile 2.  Also, make sure that you have a good Bluetooth connection between the OM2 and your phone before you start the Filimic Pro app.

What we now have with Filmic Pro iOS app and the OM2:
Direction control (left, right, up, down)
Record on/off while in video mode
Shutter while in camera mode
Mode button one click and two click work as expected but mode button three click does not switch between front and rear camera (switching cameras must be done through the Filimc Pro settings menu).

This is a good initial start by the Filimic Pro folks.  I am glad that they when ahead and gave us the record button function while they are still working on the full OM2 integration into Filmic Pro.
2018-3-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BobWinNV Posted at 2018-3-26 09:11
Filimic Pro for iOS app updated today for initial OM2 support (record/shutter function).

The OM2 record button is now working with Filmic Pro for iOS.  That is a great start and what I think we needed most to work.  Do not select DJI OSMO Mobile in the Hardware section of Filmic Pro settings as this is only for the original OSMO Mobile and not the OSMO Mobile 2.  Also, make sure that you have a good Bluetooth connection between the OM2 and your phone before you start the Filimic Pro app.

Sounds great.
Does it also work with focus via the joystick?
(one of the modes allows that on the Osmo Mobile 1)
2018-3-26
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-26 11:06
Sounds great.
Does it also work with focus via the joystick?
(one of the modes allows that on the Osmo Mobile 1)

No, Filmic Pro is still integrating the OM2 into their software.  The release today was mostly for the record/shutter button as that was a quick fix.  All the cool stuff that they did for the OM1 will take awhile as the OM2 button configuration is different.  I know that DJI was dragging their feet on releasing the software development package for the OM2 and that the Filmic Pro software team was waiting for that.
2018-3-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BobWinNV Posted at 2018-3-26 11:19
No, Filmic Pro is still integrating the OM2 into their software.  The release today was mostly for the record/shutter button as that was a quick fix.  All the cool stuff that they did for the OM1 will take awhile as the OM2 button configuration is different.  I know that DJI was dragging their feet on releasing the software development package for the OM2 and that the Filmic Pro software team was waiting for that.

They (Filmic Pro) are really great.
I had some nice conversations with them and their product is very good too.
2018-3-26
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-26 11:28
They (Filmic Pro) are really great.
I had some nice conversations with them and their product is very good too.

I just received the following response from Filmic Pro:

"Thank you for checking in with us. We're glad to hear you have been able to give the Osmo Mobile 2 a spin on v6.4.8.

Allow me to try and clarify what has actually changed with FiLMiC Pro as it pertains to unsupported gimbals...

We plan to fully support the OSMO Mobile 2, however DJI have not released a public SDK yet so we can't start building true support until that happens. We don't have an ETA at present as to when the SDK will be available.

However, you will find that our recent 6.4.8 release now allows some basic functionality with any unsupported gimbal, including the Osmo Mobile 2. Any functionality you are finding with direction control and 'mode selector' button are actually the gimbal itself doing all the work. The only difference now, is that you can start/stop a recording with the record button on your gimbal. This is only possible when 'DJI OSMO Mobile' is disabled under FiLMiC Settings>Hardware, which opens up the required portion of the API to allow 'remote shutter' capability.

Additionally worth noting, FiLMiC Pro does not have any still image functionality as it is a dedicated filmmaking app....."
2018-3-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BobWinNV Posted at 2018-3-26 11:56
I just received the following response from Filmic Pro:

"Thank you for checking in with us. We're glad to hear you have been able to give the Osmo Mobile 2 a spin on v6.4.8.

Very nice how open they seem to be about their development.
Smaller team also!
2018-3-26
Use props
Dinish
New
Netherlands

Hi all,

Thank you for following up with Filmic to update the Osmo Mobile 2 compatibility. I see that there record button is now enable. Anyone actually tried it and got it to work?

I've just got the Osmo Mobile 2, and the updated Filmic Pro app.. however the record button doesn't record

Thanks for more info,

D
2018-4-9
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dinish Posted at 2018-4-9 10:16
Hi all,

Thank you for following up with Filmic to update the Osmo Mobile 2 compatibility. I see that there record button is now enable. Anyone actually tried it and got it to work?

Did you first establish an OM2 Bluetooth connection with your phone?
2018-4-9
Use props
Seitenwerk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59400 ft
Austria

Works without a problem, just make sure !not! to activate the osmo mobile in the hardware setting of filmic pro. Otherwise the record button will be set to some special functions in filmic pro instead of actual starting a record
2018-4-9
Use props
soupie
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Could somebody please please explain how I can get this to work?

I am using an iPhone 7 and an OSMO Mobile 2.
I am first connecting via Bluetooth.
I have Remote Control ON within Camera setting of Filmic Pro.
I am NOT selecting DJI OSMO Mobile in Hardware of Filmic Pro

When I press the record button on the OSMO handle, the volume of the phone changes!

Thanks.
2018-4-10
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
  • >>>
United States

soupie Posted at 2018-4-10 10:11
Could somebody please please explain how I can get this to work?

I am using an iPhone 7 and an OSMO Mobile 2.

I just send a request to Filmic Pro Support asking that they revert back to OM2 record button starting/stopping record on their app.  Let's see what they have to say.

2018-4-10
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I heard back from Filimc Pro Support already regarding their removing the ability to start/stop record with the OM2 record button.  Here is their reply:

"Thanks for writing in. Yes we had to remove that feature due to a conflict introduced in iOS 11.3 that resulted in a startup crash for a small number of users. We will introduce this feature again soon, along with a full OSMO 2 integration.

Thanks for your patience and let us know if you have any other questions."
2018-4-10
Use props
soupie
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi BobWinNV. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

The thing is I have not updated my iPhone with the software update to this week to 11.3  - I am still running 11.2.6.

Am I the only one who is having this problem?
2018-4-10
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Hello soupie,

It does not matter that you did not update to iOS 11.3 as the Filmic Pro folks removed the ability to start/stop record using the OM2 record button from their app because of changes that Apple made in iOS 11.3.

If you are running the latest version of Filimic Pro (6.4.10 build 909) then the OM2 record button's ability to start/stop record while using the Filmic Pro app is no longer functioning no matter what version of iOS you are running.

The good news is that Filimic Pro is working on fixing this and also on  a full OSMO mobile 2 integration.

Bob
2018-4-11
Use props
soupie
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks Bob, sooner rather than later I hope!

Best wishes
2018-4-11
Use props
Gameover000
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same here, just realised when playing this evening
2018-4-11
Use props
RIYASABDULSALAM
lvl.1
United States

Hope they will release the new version which support OM2 soon!!
2018-4-13
Use props
Vgod89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55699 ft

Hopefully that full integration becomes available, definitely gonna but the app soon as it becomes available for the OM2
2018-4-16
Use props
fans0a0d7992
New

United States

It’s not crucial, but on an iPhone with 2 cameras, the zoom at some point moves the camera over to the second camera, which is now no longer just a digital zoom.  
2018-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules