12Next >
155210 79 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone , this may be a stupid question ? but does anyone know how to get a battery out of hibernation?
I just picked up another  new p4p and plugged in the battery to charge but nothing  i am sure the first one i bought fired up straight away any ideas ?
thanks in advance
2018-2-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_en.pdf

Hope this helps
2018-2-8
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-2-8 06:45
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4/en/Phantom_4_Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines_en.pdf

Hope this helps

Thanks , had a good read but i have no response from the battery , looks dead no leds red or green so it looks like i'm back down to the store ! hey ho
2018-2-8
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Charge it for a few hours even if it doesn't appear to respond, then try to turn it on...
2018-2-8
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
United Kingdom

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-2-8 07:08
Charge it for a few hours even if it doesn't appear to respond, then try to turn it on...

Thanks , i put it on charge all morning and nothing so i have sent it back for exchange
Thanks again
2018-2-8
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Hibernation mode :

It is important NOT to alter the sequence :

1. Switch on battery - ignore what happens with lights etc.
2. LEAVE IT ALONE for at least 5 minutes.
3. Do NOT touch power button - plug into DJI Charger.
4. LEAVE IT ALONE .. it may be hours before it wakes up ... DON'T TOUCH IT !

You need a DJI charger for this - its only time a specific DJI charger is required in fact ... you cannot use any 3rd party charger ...

The secret is to NOT touch the power button after point 1) ...... if you do ... you need to put battery away for a while - then start again.

There are other ways to wake these batterys up - but DJI would kill me if I passed that on !!

Nigel
2018-2-8
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2018-2-8 09:41
Hibernation mode :

"kill you"
That sounds a bit harsh...is it some kind of Chicom secret?
I'm intrigued
2018-2-8
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-2-8 10:15
"kill you"
That sounds a bit harsh...is it some kind of Chicom secret?
I'm intrigued

I've had posts deleted when I've given solutions to problems that DJI didn't like or did not conform to their setups.

Nigel
2018-2-8
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2018-2-8 10:17
I've had posts deleted when I've given solutions to problems that DJI didn't like or did not conform to their setups.

Nigel

Say it isn't so...shocking!

Well thanks for trying...I guess if I ever run in to this problem I'll PM you and see if we can arrange a dead drop to get the info somewhere
2018-2-8
Use props
Moser25
New

Canada

Silentlife I have problem with my battery it won't charge it only flash 1 green bar atfer doing what u said in ur post
2018-9-22
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Sorry ... if it cannot be resurrected by above ... then I can only advise ... try again and leave it longer ...

Nigel
2018-9-23
Use props
fans7cb8672f
lvl.1
United States

solentlife Posted at 2-8 09:41
Hibernation mode :

Hi Nigel, I’m Kerry. I read where you said there are other ways to wake up hibernating  batteries. I tried your posted procedure but nothing, I have no lights green or any color even after waiting hours.
I have $300 of basically still new batteries and I thought I was taking good care of them. Set to discharge/3 days.
Only used them a dozen times nice weather only for one season and put on shelf.
I did not use them at all this summer but took them out
just recently to find neither will even turn on.
So not to get you killed by DJI, could I learn another procedure from you that mighr work? ...by email or can you point me to published info source on a procedure?              

Thanks Nigel
                           KerryDotson@gmail.com

P.S. You have my word that I will not publish or reveal.
2018-12-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Level 5 Secrecy.

The espionage of the DJI battery. Haha

RedHotPoker

2018-12-18
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Deep dark secrets & threats of death ?
Gees,  I am so glad we are only talking drones & not ..... ..?.... .?
2018-12-19
Use props
arwah
lvl.1

Indonesia

i was try to teardown ronin battery and charge it with lipo charger then all battery fully charging, when i push power button of the battery it still not active.
2019-1-24
Use props
arwah
lvl.1

Indonesia

arwah Posted at 1-24 19:43
i was try to teardown ronin battery and charge it with lipo charger then all battery fully charging, when i push power button of the battery it still not active.

then try to check charger controller it use BQ30Z554-R1 and communitation MCU MSP340, when the battery in ship mode ( detail in BQ30Z554-R1 Manual) to wake up it need communication from MCU.
now i'll try to powering the ronin directly from power supply, see what will happend.
2019-1-24
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Manxmann Posted at 2018-12-19 02:15
Deep dark secrets & threats of death ?
Gees,  I am so glad we are only talking drones & not ..... ..?.... .?

I am reluctant to detail how to open up and work on a battery that has been designed to prevent such action.

If I give out the details and a person has an accident or incident - I would feel very bad about it.

Basically any person who has a reasonable knowledge of LiPo's in general should be able to work it out for themselves how to do it.

I also have to respect that this forum is DJI owned and therefore not the place to detail such work.
2019-1-25
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

You mentioned that it was "new"?  I would just take it back and not screw around with it.  Let DJI deal with their e-waste.  
2019-1-25
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

solentlife Posted at 1-25 00:48
I am reluctant to detail how to open up and work on a battery that has been designed to prevent such action.

If I give out the details and a person has an accident or incident - I would feel very bad about it.

Fair comment too.

2019-1-26
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Anokadrone Posted at 1-25 04:52
You mentioned that it was "new"?  I would just take it back and not screw around with it.  Let DJI deal with their e-waste.

Good idea.  
2019-1-26
Use props
mjeschke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397651 ft
United States

I now am experiencing same problem.  I put 3 P4P batteries in the charging hub and placed on storage mode. I came back a couple months later to find my batteries completely unresponsive. The charging hub did exactly what it's intended to prevent. It discharged the batteries. I've been going back and forth with technical support. They are animate that this being a warranty issue. However, I feel it's not. I used the hardware correctly and it was ruined. I hope they will come to the same conclusion as. I love their hardware and would hate to switch this late in the game (I have a bunch of stuff for my P4P and Mavic Pro) but I get the impression they are rushing development and issues are surfacing in the consumer's hands. They've put so much resources into development that they possibly cannot afford to make these things right despite are ultimately their responsibility. However as a consume I cannot afford to take on their R&D risk nor should anybody else. This is not the first time I have experienced such issues, I was mailed a defective refresh of my Mavic Pro. Unfortunately, my refresh policy expired by the time I used the refreshed unit. It took a little persuasion but they eventually mailed me a new unit (non refurbished unit. Refreshes are refurbished units and the tech that did mine had ripped the gimbal cable). I hope they come to the same conclusion as I and take care of those of us who ended up with defective batteries.
2019-3-13
Use props
mjeschke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397651 ft
United States

Oh gosh my post had many typos and it will not let me fix them Let's try this again lol

I now am experiencing same problem.  I put 3 P4P batteries in the charging hub and placed on storage mode. I came back a couple months later to find my batteries completely unresponsive. The charging hub did exactly what it's intended to prevent. It discharged the batteries. I've been going back and forth with technical support. They are animate that this is a warranty issue. However, I feel it's not. I used the hardware correctly and it was ruined. I hope they will come to the same conclusion as I.

I love DJI hardware and would hate to switch this late in the game. I have somewhere around $4500 sunk into my P4P and Mavic Pro with extra batteries, charing hubs, crystal sky, cases, filters, etc. etc. et.

Unfortunately, I get the impression they are rushing development and issues are surfacing in the consumer's hands. They've put so much resources into development that they possibly cannot afford to make these things right despite are ultimately their responsibility. As a consume I cannot afford to take on their R&D risk nor would I want to. I use this hardware to for business and I need it to be reliable not to troubleshoot or pay for what isn't caught by their engineers.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time I have experienced such issues. I was mailed a defective refresh of my Mavic Pro. It took a little persuasion but they eventually mailed me a new unit. I hope they come to the same conclusion as I and take care of those of us who ended up with defective batteries. But this all wears on my relationship with DJI and I feel less and less motivitated to invest in their equipment.
2019-3-13
Use props
JPLUS
New

Japan

Hibernation mode :

The funniest thing is to call it intelligent battery
2020-8-18
Use props
nobodyatnowhere
New

Indonesia

Hibernation mode :

these step will put the battery in hibernation mode?
Thank you
2020-8-19
Use props
fans2d04b106
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5213 ft
France

solentlife Posted at 2019-1-25 00:48
I am reluctant to detail how to open up and work on a battery that has been designed to prevent such action.

Hello Solentlife,
Thanks for your explications but unfortunely it doesn't work with my standard 3 battery. I give you my PM if you can give me other possibilités.
Thanks in advance.
sbousquie@free.fr
2020-11-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Solentlife has not posted in quite some time.  I've read many posts on this hibernation issue.  I don't believe I've seen a single post where the pilot came back and said "Hey my battery came out of hibernation!"  Good luck.  
2020-11-13
Use props
djiuser_Wuzwy92Hrmgp
New

United States

solentlife Posted at 2019-1-25 00:48

Lol! You’ve got to be kidding with that spiel, right? I would sure hope so. To honestly say that you possessed the knowledge needed to repair a bricked battery...that shouldn’t be bricked to begin with...but you choose to withhold it under the guise of “respecting the thread owners rights” (a multi-million $ corporation) is frankly put, absurd.
2020-11-23
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

djiuser_Wuzwy92Hrmgp Posted at 11-23 09:54
Lol! You’ve got to be kidding with that spiel, right? I would sure hope so. To honestly say that you possessed the knowledge needed to repair a bricked battery...that shouldn’t be bricked to begin with...but you choose to withhold it under the guise of “respecting the thread owners rights” (a multi-million $ corporation) is frankly put, absurd.

If he gets kicked off the forum, who can he help. Who says he didn't help those who gave their e mail? He had to say what he had to say "officially" to stay in good on this forum. There are other drone forums to check out for the answer you want. Your whole lack of understanding is very self-centered in the statement, " you choose to withhold it under the guise of “respecting the thread owners rights” (a multi-million $ corporation) is frankly put, absurd".  
2020-11-23
Use props
djiuser_WJsrQ6lavMIq
New
Turkey

I have similar problem. None of the leds bilnk no matter I try to charge or press button or hold button. No leds never blink or turn on. What could couse this ?
2021-3-13
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_WJsrQ6lavMIq Posted at 3-13 10:36
I have similar problem. None of the leds bilnk no matter I try to charge or press button or hold button. No leds never blink or turn on. What could couse this ?

It sounds like a dead battery , If the battery is within the warranty period i would return it for a new one .
2021-3-13
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Hibernation mode :

Mine waked up with your procedure. Thanks.
2021-4-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Pajomota Posted at 4-16 12:10
Mine waked up with your procedure. Thanks.

Good to hear!  Thanks for posting
2021-4-16
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1507073 ft
United States

MY MISTAKE but I left batteries boxed for a WHILE.  When I tried to charge them, they blinked 16 times then off.  15 seconds later blink 16 times then off etc.

I assumed they were dead.

Well... 1 of the 2  batteries came to life. It was suggested that since it was idle for SO long, it went into hibernation mode (which should be evident with red LED not green - mine was green) to let it sit on the charger for a while.  I stepped away for about 30 mins and it started charging. The other has been on the charger going on 2 hours now and NOTHING, so that is toast.
2021-8-10
Use props
djiuser_vBZr3i4JYSK9
lvl.1
Guinea-Bissau

I just had two young batteries (less than 30 charges) brick themselves WHILE ON THE DJI CHARGING HUB in storage!

This battery system has been ridiculous.
I bought a used P4 18 months ago that came with two dead batteries. Fine, maybe the previous owner abused them. I did hours of reading while trying to recover them and started to understand just how fragile they were.

So, knowing that, I bought the charging hub to try to keep them safe, as I frequently don't use them for 3-6 months at a time. I also bought two batteries. One brand new from DJI and another used with maybe 20 charge cycles. Since then, I've used them each for about 10 cycles.

I left the house in June after having used the batteries and having them work just fine. I put both on the charging hub and put them into storage.

On the first of both July and August I asked the person who was in the house to switch the charging hub from storage to charging, because I had read that sitting in storage mode for too long can brick them. On the 2nd of each month, he switched the hub back to storage.

Now, six weeks after the August 1 full charge and back to storage cycle, I arrived to find both batteries still on the charging hub, plugged in, and both completely unresponsive.

These batteries are the most sensitive, fragile electronics I have ever had the displeasure of owning. How are the rest of you owners dealing with $400 of batteries ruining themselves every year or so?
2021-9-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

I've got DJI intelligent batteries from 2015 which are still flying fine.  I keep them at 35%-55% charge at all times I'm not flying.  
2021-9-19
Use props
djiuser_vBZr3i4JYSK9
lvl.1
Guinea-Bissau

Mark The Droner Posted at 9-19 12:56
I've got DJI intelligent batteries from 2015 which are still flying fine.  I keep them at 35%-55% charge at all times I'm not flying.

My understanding (and backed up by the two solid lights) is that was precisely what the charging hub (in storage) was supposed to guarantee. This only makes it more frustrating that they both died anyway. This system has been amazing when working, but also totally unreliable.
2021-9-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have P4P batteries that are 4yrs old and 1 that was new when the P4P 1st came out. I keep the latter in the ac all the time, the others are loose in the bag (not on hub) i have them set to 3 days, i charge them every 3 or 4 months i think it is when not in use and let them discharge on their own, sometimes i will reset the discharging period and they are fine, so far...
2021-9-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

djiuser_vBZr3i4JYSK9 Posted at 9-20 23:36
My understanding (and backed up by the two solid lights) is that was precisely what the charging hub (in storage) was supposed to guarantee. This only makes it more frustrating that they both died anyway. This system has been amazing when working, but also totally unreliable.

Are you sure your batteries were genuine DJI?  
2021-9-24
Use props
djiuser_vBZr3i4JYSK9
lvl.1
Guinea-Bissau

Mark The Droner Posted at 9-24 11:22
Are you sure your batteries were genuine DJI?

The one was bought new in a DJI retail store.
2021-9-24
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans7cb8672f Posted at 2018-12-18 21:17
Hi Nigel, I’m Kerry. I read where you said there are other ways to wake up hibernating  batteries. I tried your posted procedure but nothing, I have no lights green or any color even after waiting hours.
I have $300 of basically still new batteries and I thought I was taking good care of them. Set to discharge/3 days.
Only used them a dozen times nice weather only for one season and put on shelf.

Only just noticed this post.

DJI smart batteries need to be charged every 3 months. The smart battery circuitry puts a small drain on the battery continually.

If left for 6 months the battery will fully drain and be damaged beyond repair.

I have an alert reminder in my Outlook mail client to recharge all my DJI smart batteries every 3 months.

This has been a problem with DJI drones since the P2 Vision Plus. With that if you didn't power it up for a flight every 3 months the FW on the Transmission card would decay and erase.

Normal LioPo batteries I test and charge to storage charge every 12 months with no issues.

There is a note on DJI battery care for batteries advising of the 3 month recharge requirement on their web site.
2021-9-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules