Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air RC won't connect to PC
14761 21 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

Hi,

can anybody help me. Attaching the RC to my WIn 10 Laptop won't connect. The WIndows sound for connecting and disconnecting an USB device is running all night long. So ithere is no establishment of the connection.
I wanted to update its firmware with the DJI Assistant 2, but no luck. Aircraft did work out great.
I just got my drone and I wanted to connect the RC to my mobile device previously. As this didn't work, I wanted to use DJI Assistant to update firmware first. But now I'm stuck. RC connects to Aircraft, but won't connect to PC or mobile phone. When I plug it into my phone I get the USB connection choice between pictures and data on my phone, but the DJI Go app won't connect RC and phone. That the PC can't connect to the RC too makes me nervous.

Is there a way to hard reset the RC, to try out if that works. Pushing the power button fore 9 seconds won't work like on my spark RC
2018-2-8
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

By the look of the number of topics on this issue, it's seems pretty common, I'd almost say there might be more people that can't connect their remote then can with the dji assistant.

How about a poll?  x

2018-2-8
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

I can't even connect the controller to my computer. It doesn't recognize the RC as an USB device.

I now switched to WiFi mode on the aircraft function button. So I could connect the aircraft to my phone. But now I wanted to test the wired connection again. And now I can't link the RC controller with the aircraft anymore.
I push the function button ones and power on the RC, but it won't connect. The manual said I need the go app to link remote with aircraft again. But like told I can't even pair my phone with the RC. So I'm completely lost now
2018-2-8
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Hey, I guess that is worse than mine that only stays connected for a couple min max. Just long enough to get her in the air and out a couple thousand feet.......
2018-2-8
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

Holy cow. I have a 1000€ drone which I can't use. Damn I don't want to return it
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Sorry for the unpleasant experience.
May I know if there are any error messages come up? If yes, please kindly show us the screenshot of the error. We will check and help.
Thank you in advance.
2018-2-9
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-2-9 02:58
Hi there. Sorry for the unpleasant experience.
May I know if there are any error messages come up? If yes, please kindly show us the screenshot of the error. We will check and help.
Thank you in advance.

unfortunately there is no error coming up. the windows sound of USB device connected and disconnected is going on and off all the time. And in the device manager of windows the USB device is popping on and off also.
I managed to link my phone with the RC finally (had to enable USB debugging in developer options of android), so I was able to make the RC firmware update. Haven't tried the USB computer connection since then. maybe the firmware update did the trick...
2018-2-9
Use props
Franco64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542103 ft
Italy

I have the same issue (opened another discussion).

More detail: my problem is not for conflict in Usb port, as I can connect without any problems at the same port (and with the same cable, except for the Usb-C-Micro Usb adaptor) with my Mavic Air. I have a tower Pc with Windows 10 costantly upgraded with latest Microsoft patch.
2018-2-9
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

I believe RC is meant to fly your drone, not your PC.
2018-2-9
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

Franco64 Posted at 2018-2-9 09:22
I have the same issue (opened another discussion).

More detail: my problem is not for conflict in Usb port, as I can connect without any problems at the same port (and with the same cable, except for the Usb-C-Micro Usb adaptor) with my Mavic Air. I have a tower Pc with Windows 10 costantly upgraded with latest Microsoft patch.

Please be more specific.
You can't connect the aircraft with the USB C cable to PC?

Or you can't connect the controller with the USB C cable+ adaptor to the PC?
2018-2-9
Use props
Franco64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542103 ft
Italy

I can't connect my Rc with Pc using Usb cable + adaptor. Connection with the drone using same cable anda same Usb port is ok.

I'ne seen that there are many posts here about this issue. I think that is a common problem.

Hope that DJI fix it.
2018-2-10
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

Franco64 Posted at 2018-2-10 10:44
I can't connect my Rc with Pc using Usb cable + adaptor. Connection with the drone using same cable anda same Usb port is ok.

I'ne seen that there are many posts here about this issue. I think that is a common problem.

same here. I haven't tried after the recent firmware update (February 9th). Maybe they fixed it through that.
Yes, many having that problem. But if you manage to connect the RC to the Go4 app, then you can update the Controller from there very easily.
2018-2-12
Use props
MichaelJ
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Somewhat different - my PC doesn't recognize the air as a valid device.

I'm on a Thinkpad Carbon X1 (Gen 2) running 64 bit Win 10 (latest patches/updates)

When I plug the USB cable into the Air and PC, I get the appropriate sounds coming from the PC and device Manager shows:

libusb-win32 devices
- Vision (Interface 3)

and is working properly.

But I get no device/drive in File Manager.
If I start DJI Assistant (V1.2.0) it shows that a Mavic Pro 2---3 is connected. If I click on that, the window goes completely blank. Disconnecting the USB cable has no effect - the window stays blank until I shut the application down.

Running firmware version 01.00.0200.

It flies just fine, but since I can't get video/stills the PC, it's somewhat moot.
2018-2-12
Use props
Woolnut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 433839 ft
United Kingdom

Wow, nothing changes clearly! My Mavic Pro Platinum isn't able to connect properly to DJI Assistant2, the controller works fine but for some reason the Mavic won't! Tried nearly every "fix" suggested...

It is truly appalling
2018-2-12
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

MichaelJ Posted at 2018-2-12 05:20
Somewhat different - my PC doesn't recognize the air as a valid device.

I'm on a Thinkpad Carbon X1 (Gen 2) running 64 bit Win 10 (latest patches/updates)

you should update the DJI assistant to 1.2.2

2018-2-13
Use props
Jose Navarrete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295502 ft
Chile

I have the same problem mi pc doesn't recognize my RC it's so dissapointing
2018-3-1
Use props
Bielsko360pl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38766 ft
Poland

Had exactly same situation. After 2 days of finding solutions, I found how to connect RC with smartphone and PC with very easy way! Just trow away your RC micro-USB cable completely, use ONLY Type-C USB RC cable WITH adapter (type-C to micro-USB). Works for me. Finally!
2018-3-11
Use props
MSeq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60535 ft
Poland

Have the same issue, it's impossible to connect RC with PC win 10, connect disconnect signal all the time.
2018-12-7
Use props
Tzead
lvl.2

India

doesnt work with windows 10
2019-2-17
Use props
djiuser_vkSyHDefkMBf
New
Indonesia

Hi everyone. I know this isnt a solution. But something is wrong with my RC. Number 1. My RC would not switch on even after performing the press and press and hold to switch on.  Number 2. I went to charge the rc. It is responding to the charger(having lights that are charging) but refused to on still. Fully charged with lights still on but does not disappear. And the lights flicker every once in a while. Does anyone have any advice regarding this?. I was able to switch it on a week ago and it works just fine.
2019-2-21
Use props
Thabigge1941
New

Canada

I’ve connected my quadcopter  to my PC. But somehow, after tech guy installed software for quadcopter my PC is working slow. So I’ve checked my pc for any malware. I thought that may me some kind of virus is being transferred via quadcopter. I have my protection from here . Somehow this didn’t work. My pc is still slow. Does anyone have the same issues? Looking forward for your advice.
2020-6-5
Use props
djiuser_rJDqWPq2Fr5P
New

Brazil

I KNOW it`s been a long time, but you can easily fix this problem downloading dji flight simulator  

and then install USB exe inside the dji FS folder...it`s done
2020-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules