Gesture control. Spark
1787 17 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd28ac705
lvl.2
Jamaica

i did the palm launch ok I controlled it with my palm fine but when I wave it won’t go back and hover. Is it because my RC is on when I do it. I keep it on in case palm doesn’t work so I can take over.
2018-2-8
Use props
Linny&HerSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

I'm new to this like you are and also prefer to keep the RC on hand as a safety/security measure. Palm launch and palm control work consistently for me. I've not been able to get any of the other gestures to work consistently. Some folks will tell you that you need to have enough light in order for the Spark to detect the gestures and to not wear black. Been there, done that, still not working consistently for me.  Like you, I'm hoping to hear from some more experienced pilots about this.
2018-2-8
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

i just tried this earlier today. it worked 4 times out of 5
it about the "waving" movement. not too fast, not too slow.
2018-2-8
Use props
Navy 61
lvl.2
Jamaica

Thanks. I’m going to try later on today. When I make it move with my palm sometimes it’s disconnecting I have to fix my palm again to regain control and it was bright enough. Was your RC connected to AC ?
2018-2-8
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Romania

yes. i usually keep my RC connected as a failsafe method. it's better to try the palm control with Spark being with its back against the sunlight. it's about practicing
2018-2-8
Use props
Navy 61
lvl.2
Jamaica

Ok thanks will try this sun in the back
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Navy 61 Posted at 2018-2-8 09:34
Thanks. I’m going to try later on today. When I make it move with my palm sometimes it’s disconnecting I have to fix my palm again to regain control and it was bright enough. Was your RC connected to AC ?

Please follow the insrtuction of manual to control your spark. Please keep us updated, thanks.
away.JPG
2018-2-8
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

No worries, practice makes perfect. Take note of the front LED's as it will go green when it identify the palm as ELEKTRA provides. Move yourself forward or backwards to achieve this.

I even done this indoors in ATTI mode, but make sure you have a clear space and flooring that is not monotonous. (use a rug or carpet below the AC)
You can keep the RC connected no issues, and it fact you can switch between P-GPS to gesture mode via the DJI Go 4 app for a clean palm landing.
2018-2-8
Use props
Navy 61
lvl.2
Jamaica

rimza Posted at 2018-2-8 19:12
No worries, practice makes perfect. Take note of the front LED's as it will go green when it identify the palm as ELEKTRA provides. Move yourself forward or backwards to achieve this.

I even done this indoors in ATTI mode, but make sure you have a clear space and flooring that is not monotonous. (use a rug or carpet below the AC)

Thank you   When I tried it it was windy so I guess it is harder. But it’s when I wave my palm for The AC to go backwards that I didn’t succeed so far and to take a selfie. I’ll keep trying un less anyone has a trick for it to work better. I tried slower faster.
2018-2-9
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Romania

you need to activate the "flying backwards" option wile in DJI Go4 App.
taking a selfie can be done only in "follow mode" that means after you "wave good bye". if you started recording then a selfie cannot be taken.
2018-2-9
Use props
Navy 61
lvl.2
Jamaica

dj_dread Posted at 2018-2-9 10:51
you need to activate the "flying backwards" option wile in DJI Go4 App.
taking a selfie can be done only in "follow mode" that means after you "wave good bye". if you started recording then a selfie cannot be taken.

It is activated. I’m going to try some more. Thanks for the selfie precision
2018-2-10
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

I've seen a lot of videos that show how to do gesture controls they make it look easy but I've never tested this function will give it a try when the weather gets better.
2018-2-10
Use props
Navy 61
lvl.2
Jamaica

dji TO88 Posted at 2018-2-10 07:55
I've seen a lot of videos that show how to do gesture controls they make it look easy but I've never tested this function will give it a try when the weather gets better.

Thank you. I’ll try again maybe today but I’m flying back home today
2018-2-10
Use props
fans07681b8c
New
Flight distance : 3002 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-8 19:03
Please follow the insrtuction of manual to control your spark. Please keep us updated, thanks.

I have tried this 5 times now and it doesnt work
2018-3-17
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Romania

fans07681b8c Posted at 2018-3-17 06:35
I have tried this 5 times now and it doesnt work

are you sure? just wave
it will fly back and up.
but does it recognize your hand? can you move it left/right?
2018-3-17
Use props
Navy 61
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-8 19:03

Thank you so much. I did it. Takes practice to find what speed you have to do it.
2019-3-5
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

It's more of a gimmick to be honest. The waving off the AC doesn't work always. Moreover, palm launch is dangerous. On a windy day, the AC will not take off straight and if you let go of it too early, it will just tilt and drop. I broke one of the front arms attempting a palm launch. Luckily, I had DJI Care Refresh to get a replacement. But as I said, all the gesture controls are just gimmick and practically useless. None of the bigger DJI drones have this feature and no one is complaining either. So just learn to fly with the RC and always launch from a flat, level surface. For landing, you can always catch it while throttling down with the RC if the ground below is not good.
2019-3-5
Use props
CrunchyChris
lvl.2

United States

Yeah it took me a couple tries to get the wave gesture down.
2019-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules