Return to home accuracy and interference issues
2830 4 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1b9efddc
lvl.1

United States

I have both the Mavic Pro and AIr.  One of the neat things about the Pro is how good it is at returning to home - I have neve been more than 10 cm from the homepoint at landing.  I am not seeing the same performance from the air - it is in the range of 3 to 5 meters in miss distances.  I have calibrated the compass and have the latest firmware versions, my next step will be to let it set for while in view of the GPS constellation and see if we can get a new ephemeris catalog loaded.  The other issue is sensitivity to RFI.  The Pro has never shown interference in my location while in flight.  The Air is constantay popping warning messages about interference and I had to fiddle with the antennas to clear the weak weak signal warnings.  Once again something I have never doen with the Pro controller.  I am hoping that both these issues can be fixed with software.
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there.
For the RTH accuracy, please kindly note that the deviation of the distance between the home point and landing point is 1.5m to 5m.
Besides, you can use the precision landing function. That will let the landing of the drone be more accurate.

For the interference issue, you can try to calibrate the IMU first, and change another place without signal interference to try again.

2018-2-9
Use props
FarNorth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 820 ft
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-2-9 01:29
Hi there.
For the RTH accuracy, please kindly note that the deviation of the distance between the home point and landing point is 1.5m to 5m.
Besides, you can use the precision landing function. That will let the landing of the drone be more accurate.

Hi. I guess the RTH accuracy has to do also with the number of satellites you got when you took off. I never had problem with accurate landing (no more than 20cm off) when i had 14 or more satellites when i took off. One and only time that i took off with 10 satellites the return to home failed by 1 meter or so.
2019-3-21
Use props
Grumpy D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18245 ft
United States

When using precision option never been more than a few inches off with perfect orientation. Wait for 11 satellite minimum with four bars, auto take off from landing pad, select Precision, fly out a couple hundred feet, hit return to home and you’ll hit the same spot facing the same direction.
2019-3-21
Use props
Grumpy D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18245 ft
United States

The MAV PRO 2 cost $700. USD more than the Mavic Air. If they both preformed the same, I guarantee you would be complaining about the pro.
2019-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules