Mavic Air RC hard reset
12Next >
65160 53 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

Anyone knows how to hard reset (button combination) the Mavic Air controller?
I have two other threads running to tell you why I need it.
RC won't connect to Go app
RC won't connect to PC

imI pretty sure the RC has a bug or failure
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dear. Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
For the question 1, just to verify, do you download the DJI Go 4 APP for Mavic Air? If so, and you are using the USB port on the left and cannot connect the RC and phone, you can try to unplug the cable on the left and then use the USB port at the bottom of the RC. Besides, we do recommend users to connect the RC to those mobile devices which are in the compatibility list

For the question 2, could you please kindly provide us with a screenshot showing the error? You can check if COM in the device manager is showing a yellow exclamation mark like the one in the image below.
2018-2-9
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-2-9 00:40
For the question 1, just to verify, do you download the DJI Go 4 APP for Mavic Air? If so, and you are using the USB port on the left and cannot connect the RC and phone, you can try to unplug the cable on the left and then use the USB port at the bottom of the RC. Besides, we do recommend users to connect the RC to those mobile devices which are in the compatibility list
[view_image]

yes, I did every like you wrote (I'm pretty good with electronics as I'm a machine engineer). Also tried various versions of the Go app 4.2.4 and 4.2.6
believe it or not, I found the reason for not being able to pair RC and phone: enable USB-debugging in the developer options and everything works!

Maybe the supported devices in your list have an other security setup and won't need the setting. But in two of my devices (OPPO) I had to turn on USB debugging to grant access to the USB OTG connection. Would be great if you could integrate that into your FAQ or manual and support team. Thanks
2018-2-9
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

anyway, to have a methd for hard reset is also pretty handy from time to time. Is there a method?
2018-2-9
Use props
wworrall
lvl.2

Australia

did you get your rc to work with dji assistant?  if so, how?  I think the developer setting you talked about had to do with the phone?
2018-2-10
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

wworrall Posted at 2018-2-10 14:40
did you get your rc to work with dji assistant?  if so, how?  I think the developer setting you talked about had to do with the phone?

I haven't tried the PC connection yet, because I was able to update firmware with the Go app after enabling USB debugging on my phone.
2018-2-12
Use props
wworrall
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin
Yes, several people have posted screenshots like that showing device manager

the last photo with hash error message is when trying to install drivers again using the included driversetup.bat file.

So, with that clarified, do you have a suggestion as to a work around, a fix.   DJI Susan asked the same question about the device manager driver exclamation points, but then no f/u as to what to do when that is found.  Hopefully DJI can find what must be a very simple solution to this problem that occurs with a significant number of windows PC owners.  Note that I tried this on 3 different PCs, with win 7pro 64, win 8 64, win 10 creator 64, and multiple cables, and by installing dji assistant 2  V1.2.2 from safe mode, as administrator, and with AV/firewall off.  No difference.  I replaced my mavic air fly combo package, and I have the exact same problem with the new one right out of the box.
2018-2-15
Use props
albe o2riders
New
Spain

hi, i've the same  pairing problems RC-PC
i've tried with more cables and different PC, any solution?
2018-2-15
Use props
wworrall
lvl.2

United States

I finally found a solution!  I ran across a similar issue resolved in this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-79642-1-1.html, which includes a link to another thread to download an older version of dji assistant 2, 1.07, this older version installs a working usb driver on the PC.  
Here is what I did:  
I uninstalled dji assistant 2.  
then I installed v 1.07  as administrator from the download link in this thread: post #34 here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-79642-1-1.html
then I tested the controller, and it maintained a solid usb connection, with no device manager issues, but still was not recognized in dji assistant 2 v 1.07.  then I installed the newest version of dji assistant 2 from the mavic air download page as administrator, and to my surprise, I still had a solid usb connection with the controller, and dji assistant instantly recognized the controller!  

I believe that the mavic air owners who have no issues with the controller connecting to dji assistant 2, had already had older versions of dji assistant 2 on their computers with good drivers, hence they had not problems with the newer software versions. DJI needs to test hardware/software functions on a windows PC that has any traces of prior software removed (especially drivers/registry settings); that's the only way they can simulate how it will function for either a new dji owner, or someone with a new computer.

2018-2-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Good outcome wworral - well done for resolving it. I haven't run across this issue, but I (and some others) have with access to the DJI virtual storage, rather than the COM port. I'll try your approach to see if there's any difference there.
And otherwise, the idea that others may not have the issue may be because they don't uninstall the old and reinstall the new - they just install the new. I would have thought that would do a full, clean installation, but hey...
2018-2-15
Use props
fans473e667d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 620600 ft
Singapore

Great,  thanks
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hi Everyone. Thank you for your feedback. We have taken note of the issue for the Mavic Air remote and DJI Assistant 2, and have forwarded it to our Field Application Engineers. We will update you soon once we have feedback.
2018-2-15
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123960 ft
Singapore

wworrall Posted at 2018-2-15 13:45
I finally found a solution!  I ran across a similar issue resolved in this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-79642-1-1.html, which includes a link to another thread to download an older version of dji assistant 2, 1.07, this older version installs a working usb driver on the PC.  
Here is what I did:  

Well done finding the solution,  and thanks for sharing.
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hi. PM sent.
2018-2-15
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

I finally found a solution!  I ran across a similar issue resolved in this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-79642-1-1.html, which includes a link to another thread to download an older version of dji assistant 2, 1.07, this older version installs a working usb driver on the PC.  
Here is what I did:  

great find! So now we are sure it's a driver problem of the latest DJI assistant 1.2.2
DJI just has to deliver the right USB drivers with this version and we should be good to go.

@DJI
a download page with needed USB drivers for all your drones and RCs would be very helpful.
2018-2-15
Use props
rantanlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

I can confirm, the driver part of the old dji assistant seems to work fine, for the RC and the Air. (DriverVer =12/06/2012, 5.1.2600.5512)
2018-2-15
Use props
rantanlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

Okay I dug a little deeper, it seems that DJI is struggeling get the device IDs right for the build in usb to serial adapter. The driver itself don't install any files. It looks more like a wrapper for some default windows function in usbser.sys

I compared the inf and cat files over some DJI Assistant versions, they are all identical except for the listed HW IDs of the usb device so I'll assume it should be safe to use the inf file from an old version.
You'll find it here: https://pastebin.com/8kqHMiYZ so just download this and replace the inf file there with the pastebin one "c:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\working_driver\VCOM\dji_vcom_driver11.inf"
Then just run the DriverSetup32/64.bat in the dir above... so no need to download and or reinstall different old versions.
2018-2-15
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Here is what I did:  

That's great detective work mate!
2018-2-16
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

I've got message from DJI Paladin with a link to a new driver, which solved the problem for me to. I think we might be seeing DJI Assistant 1.2.3 soon resolving this issue for everyone.
2018-2-16
Use props
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-2-16 04:30
I've got message from DJI Paladin with a link to a new driver, which solved the problem for me to. I think we might be seeing DJI Assistant 1.2.3 soon resolving this issue for everyone.

Want to share the link?
2018-2-16
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Howdy ALL,

Has anyone installed Assistant  2   Ver 1.2.2.845 downloaded from here?

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-3-6
Use props
fans6ee2c637
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3369 ft
United Kingdom

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-3-6 20:53
Howdy ALL,

Has anyone installed Assistant  2   Ver 1.2.2.845 downloaded from here?

Yes, still broken for me
2018-3-13
Use props
mmiii
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65486 ft
Germany

is there something new?
I also need a hard reset of my RC.
It is the last hope to solve the problem of missing flight records on Android. I suspect it has something to do with the transfer of data to the phone, since everything works fine on IOS (iphone6).
2018-3-16
Use props
Noel Illinger
New
Flight distance : 182421 ft
Germany

Here is what I did:  

Helped me out aswell! Now i can see the remote controller in the NEWEST available Assistant Version. Buti still need to try to update the remote, i had an issue, that i couldn't update the firmware of the remote via android phone, it always stopped at 52% and 18% Progress . Really a strange thing. I hope i didnt crash the firmware on the remote when i disconnected it withing the process.
I turned the RC off after 30 min in the same status ... -.-
2018-3-20
Use props
DJIFlo2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208140 ft
United States

Here is what I did:  

THIS works 100%
Thanks wworral!!
2018-3-30
Use props
fans155f29f0
New
India

iceman#1 Posted at 2018-2-9 08:06
yes, I did every like you wrote (I'm pretty good with electronics as I'm a machine engineer). Also tried various versions of the Go app 4.2.4 and 4.2.6
believe it or not, I found the reason for not being able to pair RC and phone: enable USB-debugging in the developer options and everything works!

awesome. i tried , what you suggested  and woalah ! it worked !! thanks a ton !
2018-4-1
Use props
MIX_DP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50397 ft
Ukraine

didn't help foe me with Win 7 (
Could you share the link with working drivers?
2018-4-20
Use props
opethian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174557 ft
Pakistan

cant update the firmware of RC through assistant or through dji go4, its still on 0100 ...
tried both methods but DA2 doesnt detect the RC at all
im on win10 n laptop is dell xps15
2018-4-21
Use props
Renogeno
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8688 ft
United States

Worked perfect, Thanks wworrall !!
2018-5-3
Use props
ChikisMania
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140666 ft
Mexico

im using Windows 7 Pro 64 bits and not working HEELPP
2018-5-21
Use props
kameyo
New

I finally found a solution!  I ran across a similar issue resolved in this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-79642-1-1.html, which includes a link to another thread to download an older version of dji assistant 2, 1.07, this older version installs a working usb driver on the PC.  
Here is what I did:  

This actually worked for me! You are a beautiful person Thank you!
2018-6-21
Use props
malaga79
New
Flight distance : 40079 ft
Spain

Hello, I tried what you said in your previous post but it did not solve my problem, could you share the driver's link with me? a greeting.
2018-7-25
Use props
TonGi018
New

Here is what I did:  

Thanks! This worked.
Uninstall latest Assistant 2, install old Assistant 1.07, install latest version again and it worked
2018-7-26
Use props
djiuser_b3UsUa7GuWZ7
New

For the question 1, just to verify, do you download the DJI Go 4 APP for Mavic Air? If so, and you are using the USB port on the left and cannot connect the RC and phone, you can try to unplug the cable on the left and then use the USB port at the bottom of the RC. Besides, we do recommend users to connect the RC to those mobile devices which are in the compatibility list
[view_image]

Hi, since unboxing no sucess to get rid of compass error message, I've tried countless times the calibration of the compass without success, in many diferent places, parks, etc. Never even once I was able to start the engines, very frustated...
To complicate even more, the drone was bought in US and now I am in Brazil.
Please HELP me to solve this matter otherwise the only option will be send it back to US to change.
I'd appreciate a lot any help.
Tks,
Moacir
2018-8-28
Use props
djiuser_b3UsUa7GuWZ7
New

[view_image]

Hi, since unboxing no sucess to get rid of compass error message, I've tried countless times the calibration of the compass without success, in many diferent places, parks, etc. Never even once I was able to start the engines, very frustated...
To complicate even more, the drone was bought in US and now I am in Brazil.
Please HELP me to solve this matter otherwise the only option will be send it back to US to change.
I'd appreciate a lot any help.
Tks,
Moacir
2018-8-28
Use props
SmudgeMeister
lvl.1
Flight distance : 554 ft
New Zealand

Can you please share the link
2018-9-4
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SmudgeMeister Posted at 2018-9-4 04:20
Can you please share the link

That's what I responded to you with in the other thread, Phil.
But you found the other threads of this too - cool. Also Post #41 in a different thread here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-79642-2-1.html
2018-9-4
Use props
Joey Herber
New

Australia

Here is what I did:  

I know this was an old post but thank you! I had the issue of the RC not showing up on the DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.4. I followed your instructions and it's all sweet now.
2018-9-17
Use props
Leonardo Lohmann
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64774 ft
Brazil

Today I had a similar problem: my RC won't charge and won't turn on. There's no more blinking lights when I connect the RC to the charger. I understand that many others Mavic Air users had the same issue with the RC. What is DJI doing to solve this?
2018-9-23
Use props
Tiritop
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99925 ft
Romania

This problem still persists now. I'm having it right now with the first connection to my PC. Does anybody have the link to the DJI Assistant 1.0.7 install kit? All the posted links are dead now.
2018-11-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules