Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC AIR ISSUE - Weak Transmission & Disconnects
15012 25 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JBSP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2057 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK, so I am a Mavic Pro, Spark, Solo and Karma owner so have some experience with Quads & issues for that matter --lol

Last week I received my AIR and of course, PUMPED! weather not great so didn't attempt to fly other than in my front yard just to test out.  
Did all the updates and got it off the ground no problem. flew for a couple minutes then got a WEAK TRANSMISSION warning on the screen, then its disconnected from RC and landed safely on its own. It was odd but didn't think too much about. Decided I'd go to the park when weather permitted---WHICH WAS TODAY! So again checked for updates, headed to park and got off the ground with no issue. Then after a minute, WEAK SIGNAL, DISCONNECT and self-landed. I decided to try my phone instead of iPad and used the factory cable with IPX.
This time I flew up about 30 ft, hovered for a bit, then tried then flew a few minutes and boom, WEAK TRANSMISSION, DISCONNECT, self-land.

I then went into settings to check the wireless signals. Noticed lots of weak bands so I put into custom and picked a band that said was strong. Took off and got about 5 minutes in no prob then went up to 375 ft. to test range and it repeated the WEAK SIGNAL, LOST, RETURN.

Anyone hearing of this problem with other AIRS? Not seeing in a post?

THX IN ADVANCE!
2018-2-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Haven’t seen it much around here quite the opposite, don’t really know what might help here, maybe try factory reset.
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, have you unfolded the front landing gears? Please refer this video for double check, thanks!

2018-2-8
Use props
Stakou
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4022 ft
Greece

I had the exact same problem, I went back to the store that I bought it from and they said that there is a problem with the software. They changed the channel from 2.4 to 5.8 and tested it (I was present) and it seemed to work ok. I will test it again tomorrow and get back to you. Don’t know if this is a problem of the antenna thus I should return it ( I only bought it 2 days ago).
2018-2-9
Use props
JBSP
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I believe problem solved --- DJI had me do a firmware update using DJI Assist. I had already done an update on the GoApp but they said to refresh it using the Assist software. I have had one successful 10 minute flight after update!!!

More flying coming soon so hope its a complete fix!
2018-2-9
Use props
Stakou
lvl.1
Greece

JBSP Posted at 2018-2-9 10:38
I believe problem solved --- DJI had me do a firmware update using DJI Assist. I had already done an update on the GoApp but they said to refresh it using the Assist software. I have had one successful 10 minute flight after update!!!

So I went back out today managed to send the aircraft to 350 m away on 2.4 and then signal lost and return home, then I tried with 5.8 send it away for 200 m and boom signal lost return home. I repacked the aircraft and returned it to the shop that I bought it from. They should give me a new one on Monday... let’s see. (Btw I also reinstalled the firmware)
2018-2-10
Use props
Stakou
lvl.1
Greece

JBSP Posted at 2018-2-9 10:38
I believe problem solved --- DJI had me do a firmware update using DJI Assist. I had already done an update on the GoApp but they said to refresh it using the Assist software. I have had one successful 10 minute flight after update!!!

So I went back out today managed to send the aircraft to 350 m away on 2.4 and then signal lost and return home, then I tried with 5.8 send it away for 200 m and boom signal lost return home. I repacked the aircraft and returned it to the shop that I bought it from. They should give me a new one on Monday... let’s see. (Btw I also reinstalled the firmware)
2018-2-10
Use props
fans0581316e
Italy

I keep having disconnect issues with my Mavic Air. In my garden, in the middle of the city, it loses signal even when it's on the ground, right in front of me. I though it was my android phone, then I tried my friend's iPhone and it had the same issue. I believe other wifi networks are interfering with the signal.
Today I went to the countryfield and tried it there. Much better, however sometimes I still lost the video feed for a few seconds, even though the drone was always within 100 meters from me.
In conclusion, I don't like this enhanced wifi! It's a shame that the mavic air has it, cause it is an impressive drone. It is my first drone and I am stunned at how amazing and this thing is
Still, my priority is having a reliable connection, so I have decided that I'll send it back and I'll wait for the Mavic 2, hopefully with ocusync.
2018-2-10
Use props
Stakou
lvl.1
Greece

So, i went back to the store they gave a new one and finally it works just fine!!
2018-2-13
Use props
Philicious
lvl.1
Ireland

fans0581316e Posted at 2018-2-10 12:42
I keep having disconnect issues with my Mavic Air. In my garden, in the middle of the city, it loses signal even when it's on the ground, right in front of me. I though it was my android phone, then I tried my friend's iPhone and it had the same issue. I believe other wifi networks are interfering with the signal.
Today I went to the countryfield and tried it there. Much better, however sometimes I still lost the video feed for a few seconds, even though the drone was always within 100 meters from me.
In conclusion, I don't like this enhanced wifi! It's a shame that the mavic air has it, cause it is an impressive drone. It is my first drone and I am stunned at how amazing and this thing is

I had the exact problem, lost all connection infront of me. Updated everything with assistant. It didn't work. I solved it quickly after that:

Sent ut back ordered a new and its working amazing So return that crap and you'll be happy
2018-2-13
Use props
JBSP
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

So it sounds like there are just a few lemons out there with these issues. Mine back in the box ready for return so bummed. I just don't trust the enhanced WiFi. May just stay with my MP and wait for the MVP2
2018-2-13
Use props
zachary buck
lvl.1

United States

I purchased the Air on the release day announcement from DJI. I have had several issues.

1-Yaw Drift almost all the time.
2-Signal disconnection several times when 100-300 meters away in different flying location
3-Gimbal gets stuck pointing down in "Sport Mode"...always. Then I have to recenter the gimbal.
4-Gimbal tweaks to the side...happened a few times
5-RTH mode started to send it away (I think it was stuck on a RTH location previous). Scary when low bat as this might be disastrous!

All updates installed and app reinstalled...did not fix issues. I am wondering if my slow UHS-1 SD card is causing processing errors and messing with the AIR?
2018-2-18
Use props
kwad vision
lvl.1

United States

Oh yeah

6-have had to re-bind several times as well

Finally trying to contact DJI
2018-2-18
Use props
UjqtydVGh4xC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 281014 ft
Singapore

what is this mavic dji assist step? i get the same proba with air. This drone is garbage
2018-2-19
Use props
UjqtydVGh4xC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 281014 ft
Singapore

yes even when its in front of me it gets disconnected too. DJI u made some garbage here
2018-2-19
Use props
kwad vision
lvl.1

United States

I just spent almost 2 hours on DJI support chat and they could not address the issues I am having. Now I have to wait for 6 hours for a supervisor to call me to continue. BAD BAD.
2018-2-19
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't have the Air, but from the past experience I had with the Spark connecting the RC and the Phone, Ipad via wireless really depends on your surroundings (wifi, bluetooth, antennea etc).  I would rather have a connection between the RC and phone via cable or otg in my opinion.
2018-2-19
Use props
JBSP
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

So DJI sent me a new Air and it has no connection issues ---whew! Its flying like a champ!
2018-3-6
Use props
Kibosh 3
lvl.4
Canada

JBSP Posted at 2018-3-6 12:27
So DJI sent me a new Air and it has no connection issues ---whew! Its flying like a champ!

What is the range you can get now and how about choppy image transmission?
2018-3-6
Use props
fans4e22125c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88730 ft
New Zealand

Why do i keep losing signal, only got my drone 5 days ago but man it sucks....... cant even enjoy my drone.......
2018-3-16
Use props
JBSP
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fans4e22125c Posted at 2018-3-16 00:18
Why do i keep losing signal, only got my drone 5 days ago but man it sucks....... cant even enjoy my drone.......

YOU may have a lemon, I did! I could not keep connected, even before it took off half the time, NEVER could fly form more than a minute without a disconnect. Sent back to DJI, they sent me a new one ---WORKS PERFECTLY!
2018-3-16
Use props
LOKY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

I got my AIR yesterday, and didn't get a chance to test yet. From my previous experience with SPARK, I just put my phone on "air plane" mode, and enable only WIFI and I got less issues. I am still to test, all the latest firmware , (had an issue doing the update over the air, but with the Assistant always works). Xed fingers now on the range test.
2018-3-16
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51135 ft
United Kingdom

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-2-19 09:27
I don't have the Air, but from the past experience I had with the Spark connecting the RC and the Phone, Ipad via wireless really depends on your surroundings (wifi, bluetooth, antennea etc).  I would rather have a connection between the RC and phone via cable or otg in my opinion.

The Air does connect to the RC via OTG cable.
2018-3-16
Use props
Jakub Peřina
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41729 ft

Czechia

Hello, I have the same problem. Distance 500m and dron lose signal (connected RC). I have the latest fimware in RC and Air. Some solution? Should I wait for the update or roll back to the store?
2018-4-6
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-2-19 09:27
I don't have the Air, but from the past experience I had with the Spark connecting the RC and the Phone, Ipad via wireless really depends on your surroundings (wifi, bluetooth, antennea etc).  I would rather have a connection between the RC and phone via cable or otg in my opinion.

Agree and I have the best result using the USB port of the RC to my device.
2018-4-6
Use props
Bill B
First Officer
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

UjqtydVGh4xC Posted at 2018-2-19 07:52
yes even when its in front of me it gets disconnected too. DJI u made some garbage here

I concur! This drone is garbage compared to others I've had from DJI, VERY dissatisfied. DON'T buy it
2018-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules