New Vision Pilot Plus app on iOS (Follow Me)
12Next >
7627 59 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

iOS version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vision-pilot-plus/id981481019
android version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fotogearhk.visionpilot

Today we just released our app Vision Pilot Plus for iOS plaform.  It is developed by the official DJI SDK Level 2 and is available at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vision-pilot-plus/id981481019 .  It includes all the features of Vision Pilot app and full featured Follow Me is also implemented.  

For example, you could set the angle to
- 180° -  Phantom will follows behind the actor at a specified distance.
- 0° -  Phantom flies in front of the actor, facing towards them and maintaining a specified distance.
- -90°/90° - Phantom keeps pace with the actor on either their left or right side, faces towards them, and maintains a specified distance.  

Demo video at

Feedback is welcome.

2015-4-29
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

Is this making use of course lock, or will the camera and phantom actually follow the person if they were to say take a right turn.
2015-4-29
Use props
johnk456
lvl.2

United States

looks great!  Hope i get my phantom that fell out of the sky back soon to try!
2015-4-29
Use props
Mtroserider
New

United States

Will this app work with an IPad mini?
2015-4-29
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

So you expect people to pay another $10+ bucks for another App that does the same as the previous App that went for $9.99 only because you added a sketchy and untested  follow me features???? Give me a break.... and i thought Kenargo App was pricy......  This is what i was talking about when i went off about how DJI wants to leave the development of GS and other features to third party developers like this one... No Thank You I won't pay another $10 to become a beta tester...
2015-4-29
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

busclas Posted at 2015-4-29 23:34
Is this making use of course lock, or will the camera and phantom actually follow the person if they ...

It is not controlled by the remote.   The camera and phantom actually follow the person automatically.

It is the similar feature as other drone(eg. 3dr solo, iris+ ...) who supports FULL FEATURED Follow me.  

Here is some demo video of our android version app:
Phantom flies in front of the android device, facing towards it and maintaining a specified distance.

Side Pan: Phantom keeps pace with the android device on either their left or right side, faces towards it, and maintains a specified distance.

Circle mode:

2015-4-29
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

johnk456@roadru Posted at 2015-4-30 00:32
looks great!  Hope i get my phantom that fell out of the sky back soon to try!

Thanks for your support.
2015-4-29
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Mtroserider Posted at 2015-4-30 04:23
Will this app work with an IPad mini?

To have the follow me related features work properly, you should have a iOS device with GPS built in.
2015-4-29
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

YKM Posted at 2015-4-30 07:18
To have the follow me related features work properly, you should have a iOS device with GPS built  ...

Do you still have any control of the camera angle, or does it adjust to the angle and distance from its target?
2015-4-29
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-4-30 05:03
So you expect people to pay another $10+ bucks for another App that does the same as the previous Ap ...

Once you pay for it once, that's it.  You get the updates after that with no additional charges.
2015-4-29
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Yes it is like you are paying for the app twice only to get one new, untested feature.
2015-4-29
Use props
rinconol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232566 ft
United States

Is this app for the Phantom 2 Vision?
2015-4-29
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
United States

busclas Posted at 2015-4-30 09:41
Once you pay for it once, that's it.  You get the updates after that with no additional charges.

Wrong  i have their previous app the "The Vision Pilot App" which i purchased for $9.99 on the promise that it was going to be updated to include this new features.. instead they release a new app and charge an even higher price...  So no.. I suggest anyone buying his apps be ready to pay for a new app everytime a new feature is implemented....
2015-4-29
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, all.  we re just back.  You forget to update your info.   Now we offer 2 days discount for iOS and android version and it is USD 1.99

iOS version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vision-pilot-plus/id981481019
android version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fotogearhk.visionpilot

NOTE: For iOS version, to have the follow me related features work properly, you should have a iOS device with GPS built in.     If you have a iOS device that does not have a built-in GPS module, please do not buy it.                                                
2015-4-29
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-4-30 05:03
So you expect people to pay another $10+ bucks for another App that does the same as the previous Ap ...

We think you got confused with our Android app.  If you want to join the beta testing, you could add our group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/vision-pilot.

iOS version is a final release that is reviewed by APPLE.

There is some difference between Vision Pilot and Vision Pilot +:
1. Vision Pilot + does not work on iOS device that does not have built-in GPS module.
2. It is developed with the DJI SDK Level 2.

Now we offer 2 days discount for the old Vision Pilot user.   Please update.
2015-4-29
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2015-4-30 08:25
Do you still have any control of the camera angle, or does it adjust to the angle and distance fro ...

Hi, after activating the follow me, your phantom will adjust to the angle and distance from its target automatically.    only the pitch rotation of the camera can still be controlled by the app.  
2015-4-29
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

busclas Posted at 2015-4-30 09:41

1. Vision Pilot + does not work on iOS device that does not have built-in GPS module.

2015-4-29
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-30 09:57
Yes it is like you are paying for the app twice only to get one new, untested feature.

We think you got confused with our Android app.  If you want to join the beta testing, you could add our group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/vision-pilot.

iOS version is a final release that is reviewed by APPLE.

2015-4-29
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

YKM Posted at 2015-4-30 12:53
We think you got confused with our Android app.  If you want to join the beta testing, you could a ...

Not confused with anything Android.  I have no Android devices and know nothing about apps for Android.  The original version of this app was 9.99 and when purchased said updates would be coming to include the features you now have in the new version just released and are charging more than 9.99 for.  What am I confused about?  There is/was no discount as you just posted above.  And what iOS device that you would be using any of these apps on DOES NOT have a gps module?
2015-4-30
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
United States

@YKM you my friend are a rip off and I would advice people to stay away from his app as you will be left out in the dark with old useless Apps every time a new feature is out... Greedy ass developers
2015-4-30
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-4-30 20:06
@YKM you my friend are a rip off and I would advice people to stay away from his app as you will be  ...

dear sir,   we have explained why we need to separate them into two apps.  
1. the software library used is a DJI SDK level 2.   the difference between level 1 and level 2 is that level 2 includes ground station support.  and follow me features need a ground station support.  
2. the app only works on an iOS device with GPS built-in.

If you think we are Greedy ass developers, we give up.   Could you request refund from APPLE?

2015-4-30
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

YKM Posted at 2015-4-30 12:51
Hi, after activating the follow me, your phantom will adjust to the angle and distance from its ta ...

That's what I was hoping for, thanks!
2015-4-30
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-30 18:15
Not confused with anything Android.  I have no Android devices and know nothing about apps for Andr ...

we are very sorry to hear that.  could you ask APPLE to refund you?  
be honest, there are two technical problems we are not able to solve:
1. the software library used is a DJI SDK level 2.   the difference between level 1 and level 2 is that level 2 includes ground station support.  and follow me features need a ground station support.  
2. the app only works on an iOS device with GPS built-in.  Since phantom need to keep track of your iOS device is, your device should include a GPS module.

And what iOS device that you would be using any of these apps on DOES NOT have a gps module?
One of our iPAD mini is a wifi version that does not include a gps module.

2015-4-30
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

so the Android version doesn't have the follow me or any of the features listed above, just the IOS version
2015-4-30
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

YKM Posted at 2015-4-30 20:29
we are very sorry to hear that.  could you ask APPLE to refund you?  
be honest, there are two tech ...

forget it - not worth arguing.  Just bad practice is all and I think that has been pointed out already.
2015-4-30
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-4-30 20:38
Hi

so the Android version doesn't have the follow me or any of the features listed above, just the  ...

android version does have the follow me feature.   If you want to join the beta testing,  you could take a look at this post and add our group.
2015-4-30
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-30 20:51
forget it - not worth arguing.  Just bad practice is all and I think that has been pointed out alre ...

Hi, we would like to do what you said.  But it seems that APPLE does not have this option -  replace it with the new one and provide it as a free upgrade to current owners and new owners can pay.  

if you find a way to do so,  please tell us.

we did tried our best to solve those problem mentioned.  if you think we  rip off   , Greedy ass developers  , we give up.   please  ask  APPLE to refund you
2015-4-30
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
United States

YKM Posted at 2015-4-30 21:05
Hi, we would like to do what you said.  But it seems that APPLE does not have this option -  rep ...

Like NrgWise said.. This is not worth arguing anymore and as a registered Apple Developer myself i find your excuses  to be pathetic to say the least.  I won't be asking for a refund as the 30 day window that one has to ask for a refund has come and gofor me and you as a developer should know this.... Good bye Sir.
2015-4-30
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-4-30 21:32
Like NrgWise said.. This is not worth arguing anymore and as a registered Apple Developer myself i ...

Hi, sir there should be a way to refund you.  please email us.
2015-4-30
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

Okay, I'm confused.

Is this new app only $1.99 for a limited time?  Do I need the original, i.e. non-plus version, for this to work?

2015-4-30
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

trsmith18@hotma Posted at 2015-4-30 21:51
Okay, I'm confused.

Is this new app only $1.99 for a limited time?  Do I need the original, i.e. no ...

2 days limited discount offer.  you should have vision + .
2015-4-30
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

What are the differences between the two apps?
and can you explain the "hover" feature more in depth? Is this like point-of-interest where it will circle around and a fixed setting?

2015-4-30
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

YKM Posted at 2015-4-30 21:54
2 days limited discount offer.  you should have vision + .

Hi

so the Android version doesn't have the follow me or any of the features listed above, just the IOS version
2015-4-30
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

trsmith18@hotma Posted at 2015-4-30 23:08
What are the differences between the two apps?
and can you explain the "hover" feature more in depth ...

The difference is
2. Vision Pilot + includes the follow me related features.  We will also add Ground station support later
3. the app only works on an iOS device with GPS built-in.  Since phantom need to keep track of your iOS device is, your device should include a GPS module.

Hover - your phantom will stay in place and slowly rotate to point to you.

We will add the point of interest POI later.
2015-4-30
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-5-1 00:13
Hi

so the Android version doesn't have the follow me or any of the features listed above, just th ...

Hi, current version v2.12 does not have the follow me feature.  the upcoming v3 will have the follow me.  If you want to join the beta testing, you could add our group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/vision-pilot.
2015-4-30
Use props
johnk456
lvl.2

United States

not sure what all the crying is about, its an app, it cost a couple bucks, it costs a little more for the update....WHO cares, if you dont like it dont buy it!  I will be purchasing upon my phantom returned to me as follow me is worth a couple 10 or 20 bucks to me! You want to yell at someone, yell at DJI for not putting it in there software to begin with! Just sayin...jeez.....
2015-4-30
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

johnk456@roadru Posted at 2015-5-1 09:38
not sure what all the crying is about, its an app, it cost a couple bucks, it costs a little more fo ...

couldn't agree more...even if you had the old app buy this new one now while its $1.99

The question now is will it work with the new update that was just released?
2015-4-30
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

trsmith18@hotma Posted at 2015-5-1 09:52
couldn't agree more...even if you had the old app buy this new one now while its $1.99

The questi ...

What is the new update you refer to (SDK, Phantom firmware...)?   Please clarify.
2015-4-30
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

YKM Posted at 2015-5-1 07:57
Hi, current version v2.12 does not have the follow me feature.  the upcoming v3 will have the foll ...

According to your link you posted

"
There is no group named “vision-pilot.”.

2015-5-1
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-5-1 17:49
According to your link you posted

"

Hi, it should be

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/vision-pilot
2015-5-1