Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI spark crash but wasn’t my fault
963 3 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans359e3687
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26024 ft
United States

OK, so yesterday I was flying my DJI spark. It was about 10 feet above the home point. Suddenly, my phone disconnected, and instead of the drone landing, it went about 20 feet forward and hit a tree. I do not know what happened, because the drone had 70% battery, and the Wi-Fi signal was good. Part of the frame broke but all of the wires are still intact.  The drone  was even facing the tree, and the sensors didn’t stop it from hitting the tree. I just sent it into DJI today. Will they blame me and make me pay for the damage repair, or will they fix it and not make me pay for it. It wasn’t my fault , And the drone is only one week old.  What do you think? Is it my fault? Or should DJI be blamed for it?
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry to hear the crash, that's painful. Since you have sent the drone in. If you had chosen "product issue" when applying the repair case, we will do a data analysis when we receive the drone. If it's a warranty case, we will get your drone repaired/replaced with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. You can provide me with your case number and I will help to check if the data analysis will be applied in your case. Thanks.
2018-2-8
Use props
fans359e3687
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26024 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-8 17:54
I am sorry to hear the crash, that's painful. Since you have sent the drone in. If you had chosen "product issue" when applying the repair case, we will do a data analysis when we receive the drone. If it's a warranty case, we will get your drone repaired/replaced with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. You can provide me with your case number and I will help to check if the data analysis will be applied in your case. Thanks.

Yea, we chose product issue and applied for a data analysis. It’s just kinda sad for me because I got the spark only a week ago.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans359e3687 Posted at 2018-2-9 07:22
Yea, we chose product issue and applied for a data analysis. It’s just kinda sad for me because I got the spark only a week ago.

I understand how you feel right now. And I hope you can receive the drone back soon.
2018-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules