Who Will Sell Their Spark To Upgrade To Mavic Air ?
4409 43 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

spookster Posted at 2018-2-10 03:52
Nah, spark is good enough for me :-) I can fly in city parks and people think its a toy. The slightly bigger size and louder noise keep me away from the mavic air, I also don't like the camera that much. Bigger files with distortion and slightly better quality. For more secluded areas I have the pro. All good, fly both regularly. If I didn't have any drone I'd consider the mavic air. Next drone is self built racing drone and maybe somewhere down then road something with then quality of a phantom/inspire.

Sorry to hear you sunk your drones. Hopefully you can get'em back.

Spookster....

You nailed a really important advantage of the Spark over all other, it is camouflaged as a toy!  Those of us that own/have owned the Spark know much differently and it works to our advantage!

I've only flown my Air once, and in the air does not seem noticeably larger than the Spark.  I should have some more flights very soon and get more impressions.  One thing that is actually really cool, is because it actually folds up smaller than the Spark, I can carry the Air (with a battery), 3 additional batteries, and the controller all in the shoulder bag that is supplied with the Fly More combo.  That is actually pretty sweet!

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2018-2-11
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got the Air and will keep my Spark at least as long as it takes to get the kinks ironed out of the Air.

Yes, us "Airheads" are all Beta testers now.
2018-2-11
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2018-2-11 20:08
Yes, I agree with you!

I cannot speak to situation outside the US, but certainly if you are in the US, you can take the Spark well past VLOS.

I think that the 4k which we have seen in some long range test videos would be possible.
In case the Wifi would do that far.
My longest flight in meter, doing 8's and O's, was over 8km.
And 'long' back before critical landing could kick in ;-)
. 5942.jpg
Farest away from RC was ~1.5 miles
Both done for testing the limits only, of course
And not in the same flight!
2018-2-11
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

I wouldn’t sell my Spark as I like it and it’s very reliable so far. But currently looking at Mavic Pro as a 2nd Drone for it’s long flying time and other better features than my Spark.
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules