Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Advice for a professional
1254 3 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sid70
New

United Kingdom

Hi folks - A broadcast professional I'm looking to move into aerial video, but I've not flown any remote units before. I'm thinking that a Phantom 2 to use with a GoPro3 would be the best start and to move onto a Spreading Wings to use with a Canon 5D. Does the SW support Red or Arri Alexa Mini does anyone know?

Thanks for your time, Sid.

2015-4-29
Use props
Shuffle
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Sid - From what I'm aware of no, the spreading wings doesn't support those nice expensive cameras which would be awesome....There are only a few gimbals designed for the SW in which they all carry an SLR.
But I did the same I started with a GoPro3 and phantom 2 then moved onto SW and looking at getting my BNUC license this year, but as far as cameras go GH4/5D are the best you're going to get up in the air.
2015-4-30
Use props
joe
lvl.4

United States

Sid,
Before you fly anything expensive get a small durable inexpensive quad like the Traxxas Alias.
Use this to learn line of sight flying and get your learning curve crashes out to f the way.

The Phantom is a great copter to start aerial video with.  Good flight time now with relatively distortion free 4K you can begin to build skill and how to shoot scenes with the aerial platform.
The 5D is supported but on the others you would need a different rig.  We have done 5D platforms and BMPC etc and there are gimbals etc out there to support this when you get to that stage.
2015-5-5
Use props
kalle.lindbeck
Flight distance : 52238 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI is not a professional brand... To much jello! Bad support! Long lead time on parts! Weak air frames (Our S1000 is like a house of cards) .....
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules