Should DJI bring Camera Down/Forward to Mavic AIR RC?
1629 10 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tanitotoro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 478796 ft
United States

Mavic AIR RC button currently only have "Gimbal return to forward" as a customizable function.  While Spark and PRO allow you to quickly go from straight down to straight forward.

Directly overhead shots are so key to aerial photography/cinematography and waiting for gimbal to rotate downward to get the shot you want is consuming precious battery life

Let's vote and hope DJI is listening
Single SelectVote, Total 31 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

87.10% (27)
3.23% (1)
9.68% (3)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-2-8
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I set up my Air, I was deeply hurt and disappointed that that was no longer a choice, All three of my other drones Spark, MP and P4P) have that programmed on a button and I use it a lot!
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll forward this to our engineers.
2018-2-8
Use props
Berg I Imagery
First Officer
Flight distance : 70577 ft
United States

Yes, this is a MUST feature.
2018-2-8
Use props
ggeorgis
lvl.4
Greece

There was another thread regarding the same issue. Unfortunately this seems to fall on dead ears. See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534
2018-2-9
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

This would be useful feature. I think that it can't be very hard to add.
2018-2-9
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

Totally agree - DJI simply MUST port this ability / functionality over to the Air.

Yes, the "gimbal recenter" option is absolutely better than nothing, but I have come to depend on quck downward toggles to be 100% sure I'm over what I think I am over before committing to a landing. I consider it essential and use it not all the time (i.e., when my location is wide open and it's obvious I've got lots of margin), but often enough that it will be very sorely missed.

When landing, one is almost by definition typically running low on battery, so having to take precious extra flight time to gimbal down for an LZ check will quickly become super-annoying.

PLEASE DJI, bring to the MA what already exists on the "lowly" Spark (which I adore, by the way!).
2018-2-9
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

I find this suggestion very good one for Mavic Air 2.
2018-2-9
Use props
windgate
lvl.3
United States

Absolutely... as sometimes when you are doing an emergency landing you want to be able to flip the gimbal down quickly.
2018-2-9
Use props
tanitotoro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 478796 ft
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-9 13:08
I find this suggestion very good one for Mavic Air 2.

not air 2... All DJI drones should have this.  Taking it away is like saying overhead shots are not important to drone photography or cinematography

I hope they just overlooked and will update in firmware.  It doesn't make sense if $500 spark have this feature and the $1000 Air doesn't

DJI please make it quick  
2018-2-12
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

tanitotoro Posted at 2018-2-12 12:49
not air 2... All DJI drones should have this.  Taking it away is like saying overhead shots are not important to drone photography or cinematography

I hope they just overlooked and will update in firmware.  It doesn't make sense if $500 spark have this feature and the $1000 Air doesn't

You forget DJI is mostly hardware company. They do sell drones but give away app for free.
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules