Phantom 4 Pro +
1326 26 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobOZ
lvl.1
Australia

Hello & best wishes to all.

Please be somewhat patient with me. I am an avid semi-pro photographer and a few have asked me "any chance of drone footage?"

So, I contact my local expert on drones (my godson...) who when he gets a sniff that Uncle Robbie is getting the Pro +, well, he moved quicker than a deer being chased by a wolf. He has the P3 and is well, an avid drone user.

"You've gotta get the Pro +, its just insane..." Well, as a noobie drone person, I am nearly insane...

I cannot find any manuals on the Pro +. There are manuals that are combined. The P4P has the P4P+ included, but, trying to follow these are crazy. One minute the screen says Firmware download complete (via wireless), then, error message comes up saying, Firmware Upgrade required...

Now, I know that I have jumped into the deep end somewhat. I did spend a few hours watching YT vids of people using their P4P+, but, no tutorials. I aint an idiot (well, some may differ) and I usually end up swimming ok...

If anyone could please point me in the direction of any information on the P4P+, my "insane" day may improve somewhat.

Thanks heaps

Rob

2018-2-8
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.zip
2018-2-8
Use props
RobOZ
lvl.1
Australia

duke123 Posted at 2018-2-8 15:34
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20171017/Phantom_4_Pro_Pro_Plus_User_Manual_EN.zip

Duke, thanks for this, but, this is the manual that DJI provide in the Quick Start booklet, which I have read.

I think I have made a mistake....

Thanks again mate!
2018-2-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RobOZ Posted at 2018-2-8 16:22
Duke, thanks for this, but, this is the manual that DJI provide in the Quick Start booklet, which I have read.

I think I have made a mistake....

That is a link to the full manual, so that's all there is. But it does not cover operation of the DJI Go 4 App, which you need to also know. DJI are not good at documentation. There are also some tutorials on this forum site, but most of us learn by trying to use the aircraft and then asking questions on this forum.

2018-2-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a run through DJIs video tutorial section for the P4Ps Here

You've dived in at the deep end, but I'm sure your godson will be more than happy to help you sort things out :-)

And the DJI tutorial section in youtube the P4P complete playlists can be seen

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClH0xVO3zOfYdGjoPU6S2hw/playlists

2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, sorry for the trouble caused first. P4P and P4P+ share common aircraft, and the only difference is that P4P+ has the screen with the remote controller. The firmware upgrade consists of two parts: the aircraft and the remote controller.

So when you upgrade the aircraft firmware, you can refer to the tutorial of P4P aircraft firmware upgrade. I guess you have watched, right?

Then while upgrading your P4P+ RC, Here's a tutorial video of upgrading P4P+ RC firmware via micro SD card.

Feel free to contact us if you encounter any further issue.
2018-2-8
Use props
OneTenthOfAMileHighClub
lvl.2
Australia

Hi Rob,

It sounds as though your Godson will be your BEST primary contact, ...apart from this group.  

I am in coastal NSW and purchased a P4Pro+ just over a year ago.  Our phone calls are un-timed, and happy to call you if that is any benefit?

Peter
2018-2-8
Use props
RobOZ
lvl.1
Australia

Guys

Thanks heaps for all the replies. I greatly appreciate the advice and comments.

I was a bit hesitant in trying the upgrades via micro cards as this is something I haven't done before.

Long story short, I have basically been in a coma for the last 7 years and when it comes to technology and computers, I have a bit of catching up to do....

Back to working it out....

Thanks again!
2018-2-8
Use props
RobOZ
lvl.1
Australia

OneTenthOfAMileHighClub Posted at 2018-2-8 20:12
Hi Rob,

It sounds as though your Godson will be your BEST primary contact, ...apart from this group.  

Peter, thanks heaps. I've actually managed to work my way through the update, so, here's hoping.

Thanks again!
2018-2-8
Use props
RobOZ
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-2-8 19:19
Hi there, sorry for the trouble caused first. P4P and P4P+ share common aircraft, and the only difference is that P4P+ has the screen with the remote controller. The firmware upgrade consists of two parts: the aircraft and the remote controller.

So when you upgrade the aircraft firmware, you can refer to the tutorial of P4P aircraft firmware upgrade. I guess you have watched, right?

Diana

Many thanks for this. All good now...I think.

Cheers

Rob
2018-2-8
Use props
RobOZ
lvl.1
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-8 17:02
Have a run through DJIs video tutorial section for the P4Ps Here

You've dived in at the deep end, but I'm sure your godson will be more than happy to help you sort things out :-)

Thanks for this. I will definitely be watching all.

Cheers

Rob
2018-2-8
Use props
RobOZ
lvl.1
Australia

Guys

Sorry, one last question...

Can you leave the remote on whilst charging? There are no lights or meter to see where its at whilst charging.

Cheers

Rob
2018-2-8
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
Thailand

RobOZ Posted at 2018-2-8 21:57
Guys

Sorry, one last question...

I can’t tell you if you can leave the RC on while charging because I’ve only ever charged with it turned off. However when it is turned off you will get four white solid LED’s when it’s fully charged
2018-2-8
Use props
RobOZ
lvl.1
Australia

fans417abfbd Posted at 2018-2-8 22:16
I can’t tell you if you can leave the RC on while charging because I’ve only ever charged with it turned off. However when it is turned off you will get four white solid LED’s when it’s fully charged

Thanks mate!
2018-2-8
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Thailand

No problem. It’s very much the same as your AC batteries, they flash until they reach full charge. When it reaches full charge just test by pressing the power button. If you’ve got four solid LED,s you are good to go.
2018-2-8
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

RobOZ Posted at 2018-2-8 21:57
Guys

Sorry, one last question...

Just one hint that for some reason is left hidden by DJI. RC and batteries may not be charged at the same time.
2018-2-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And charged at a much slower rate than the aircraft batteries, allow a few hours to be fully charged (four hours or so).
2018-2-9
Use props
RobOZ
lvl.1
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-9 05:45
And charged at a much slower rate than the aircraft batteries, allow a few hours to be fully charged (four hours or so).

Ok, thanks for that.

I am about to go shopping for further accessories.

I guess the charger banks are a good idea (charge 3 batteries at once). get 3 x spare batteries, get lens filters, propeller guards, spare propellers, decent back pack and a card charger.

I live in Australia (east coast) half way between Sydney & Newcastle.

Can anyone suggest a good drone shop apart from the DJI store?

Thanks again for all the replies. I do appreciate you taking the time to reply to a noobie whose learning to swim....

Cheers

Rob
2018-2-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RobOZ Posted at 2018-2-9 15:23
Ok, thanks for that.

I am about to go shopping for further accessories.

charger banks are a good idea (charge 3 batteries at once). get 3 x spare batteries, get lens filters, propeller guards, spare propellers, decent back pack and a card charger.

A lot of accessories are a waste of money and are of limited use.
Charging 3 batteries at once doesn't charge your batteries any faster.
It's an expensive way to save swapping batteries as they charge.
Prop guards are worse than a waste of money and at best, get in the way of your camera.
At worst they handicap your Phantom and can be the cause of a lost drone.
If you think propguards are the answer, a better answer is to fly somewhere else where you are further away from obstacles.

Card charger?  If you mean a card reader adapter, that's very useful.
Otherwise batteries and a travel case are the most important accessories to get.
2018-2-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Giammi Posted at 2018-2-8 23:33
Just one hint that for some reason is left hidden by DJI. RC and batteries may not be charged at the same time.

It never really mattered anyway but DJI don't say that anymore.
2018-2-9
Use props
RobOZ
lvl.1
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2018-2-9 15:40
charger banks are a good idea (charge 3 batteries at once). get 3 x spare batteries, get lens filters, propeller guards, spare propellers, decent back pack and a card charger.

Thanks heaps for that.

Sorry, fat fingers today...I meant a car charger, not a card charger...sorry!

Ok, so, I won't worry about the prop guards. I'll get 3 x spare batteries and the charger bank and the lens filters. Can you suggest your preference for lens filters? I know that you get what you pay for with DSLR cameras...

Cheers mate
2018-2-9
Use props
RobOZ
lvl.1
Australia

fans417abfbd Posted at 2018-2-8 22:16
I can’t tell you if you can leave the RC on while charging because I’ve only ever charged with it turned off. However when it is turned off you will get four white solid LED’s when it’s fully charged

I'm an idiot....

I wont tell what happened, but, I went for the wrong hole (in a hurry to get going....).

The RC does light up when charging. You can see the progress.

2018-2-9
Use props
RobOZ
lvl.1
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2018-2-9 15:40
charger banks are a good idea (charge 3 batteries at once). get 3 x spare batteries, get lens filters, propeller guards, spare propellers, decent back pack and a card charger.

Mate

Thanks heaps for your advice!!!

One more question please....? Sorry...

The RC unit requires that I input my phone number to verify ownership. Problem being is that the RC is set to accept mainland China phone numbers. Any idea on how to change this to Australia please? I cant bypass this issue.

Thanks again

Rob
2018-2-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

RobOZ Posted at 2018-2-9 16:10
Thanks heaps for that.

Can you suggest your preference for lens filters?
I'm a stills photographer and only occasionally shoot video so I have no need for additional filters for my Phantoms
2018-2-9
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Thailand

Thanks heaps for that.

I use a set if ND filters that I bought from EBay on my 4 pro. They go under the brand PGYtech and previously on my phantom 4 I use a set of Neweer ND filters. I would say they were both pretty good and I didn’t have any need to correct any colour cast in post.. I have seen there is an Aussie seller on EBay of the PGYtech brand. I have tried to copy the link but for some reason I am unable.
By comparison I have a LUMIX G9 that I use some expensive Hoya filters on. Personally I don’t really see much difference  (if any) in performance worth worrying about but obviously I can’t fit my phantom filters on to my G9 to do a side to side comparison.
2018-2-9
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Thanks heaps for that.

Hi mate.

I use the ND filters from Polar Pro and Sandmark.

https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... inema-series-6-pack

https://www.sandmarc.com/product ... r-dji-phantom-4-pro

We are two person sharing the filters. That’s why we got double of them

/FarmerMac
2018-2-9
Use props
RobOZ
lvl.1
Australia

Guys, thanks heaps for all the replies and advice. I've spent the last few days watching vids and buying "extras..." I bought the Polar filters as I use them on my DLSR.

I'll wait until all my bits arrive until I go flying.

Cheers

Rob
2018-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules