DJI Care Refresh
2252 12 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ISuMwtOuqX2S
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I was excited about this "new" Phantom 4 Pro I purchased on Amazon until I tried to buy the DJI Care Refresh warranty. I activated the product about 24 hours ago and DJI’s website is telling me "DJI Care Refresh is not available for your aircraft." I contacted DJI Support by email and they told me this; “We have reviewed the serial number you provided, and it looks like you have purchased an open box drone.”

This doesn’t make sense because these drones can only be activated one time and I went through the activation process. The reseller on Amazon said this was not an open box drone.  

2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, could you please provide me with the picture of the serial number? It's printed on the box and on the drone. I would like to check again first. Thank you.
2018-2-8
Use props
Ryan5973
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-8 20:12
Hi there, could you please provide me with the picture of the serial number? It's printed on the box and on the drone. I would like to check again first. Thank you.

2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thank you! Please allow me a little time to check. I will get back to you once I get anything, please wait patiently.
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi Ryan, did you purchase the drone from the official store on Amazon or the retailer? According to the serial number, it is an open-box drone, which means it should provide by the retailer. Open-box products have not been activated and need to be activated before use. DJI official doesn't provide the warranty as well as the DJI Care Refresh for an open-box drone. If there are more questions, I suggest that you contact your retailer. Thank you for understanding.
2018-2-8
Use props
Ryan5973
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-8 22:27
Hi Ryan, did you purchase the drone from the official store on Amazon or the retailer? According to the serial number, it is an open-box drone, which means it should provide by the retailer. Open-box products have not been activated and need to be activated before use. DJI official doesn't provide the warranty as well as the DJI Care Refresh for an open-box drone. If there are more questions, I suggest that you contact your retailer. Thank you for understanding.

No, I DON’T “UNDERSTAND.”

This was not an “open box” item. The box was factory sealed and in mint condition, the drone was in mint condition and in original packaging. If the drone has never been activated, that means it has never been used.

That meets the criteria for Amazon’s description of a new product;

“New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened item in its original packaging, with all original packaging materials included. Original protective wrapping, if any, is intact.”

If you can’t stand by this product, I’m sending it back and will not be buying another DJI drone. This constitutes a form of deceptive marketing.  
2018-2-9
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ryan5973 Posted at 2018-2-9 08:06

This was not an “open box” item. The box was factory sealed and in mint condition, the drone was in mint condition and in original packaging. If the drone has never been activated, that means it has never been used.

It sounds like either Amazon or the retailer working through Amazon mislead you.  Unfortunately this happens.  If I were you I would return this item and make sure they send you a new item.  Amazon has a great return policy and should hav no problem with this.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ryan5973 Posted at 2018-2-9 08:06

Ryan, I understand your feeling. But the drone should provide by the retailer, and as I mentioned above, the open box drone has not been activated and needed to be activated. For your case, if you should have purchased the brand new drone, I suggest that you contact the retailer for further help. Thank you.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi Ryan, would you mind telling me the name of the retailer that you purchased the drone from as well as the order number? Sorry again for the inconvenience and the difficulties.
2018-2-10
Use props
Ryan5973
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-10 19:04
Hi Ryan, would you mind telling me the name of the retailer that you purchased the drone from as well as the order number? Sorry again for the inconvenience and the difficulties.

ORDER # 111-8653306-4901028

This is the link to the listing on Amazon;

https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Profe ... words=phantom+4+pro

This is the link to re-sellers profile: Photo king

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encod ... ab=&vasStoreID=
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ryan5973 Posted at 2018-2-10 20:41
ORDER # 111-8653306-4901028

This is the link to the listing on Amazon;

Thank you very much for the info, I will forward your case to the designated team to check, too.
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ryan, sorry to bother you again. Would you please PM me your contact email and phone number and would you mind my telling your contact info to the reseller? We would like to have the reseller to contact you for solving this situation. We hope the thing will be sorted out soon.
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi Ryan, I've got your PM and noted with thanks. We had forwarded your case to the reseller and they will contact you for your case soon. Please kindly keep the phone available at your convenience. Thank you very much.
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules