7929 25 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ManAndDrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 3538297 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hi all , I created a video on the Mavic Air's video quality to see how it carries itself compared with other drones I've owned : Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4 and DJI Inspire 2. Obviously it would be nice to compare the Spark, Mavic Pro and P4P too but I've never owend those drones. The comparison just features various travel footage so the locations are different, but you still get a rough idea of what the Mavic AIR is capable of.
The way I see it : The Mavic Air's video is overal better than the Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4, (Mavic Pro too but not featured), it handles image noise better and the benefit of 100Mbps video at 4k is aparent with sharper distant objects and less noise on shadow detail. I also prefer the photograph abilities of the AIR, seems less noise to me than the P3P and P4.
Let me know what you guys think though and where it stacks up with DJI's other drones, cool to get everyone's opinions. Cheers

2018-2-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good comparison vid!
2018-2-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very decent!
2018-2-9
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Nice video!
2018-2-9
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow!  Some really fantastic footage in those shots.  Great stuff.  I really liked the shot taken by the Mavic Air of you walking on the beach.  The images in the sky are reflected in the wet sand...very cool image with a ton of detail in that shot.  But the there was a ton of great footage in there.  Not sure I can pick out a clear winner in those shots.

Oh, also liked the way you detailed out the camera specs in the corner of the videos.  That was very helpful to see as well.  
2018-2-9
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

I think the only one better than the Mavic Air is the Inspire
2018-2-9
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Great comparison video, thanks for posting.
2018-2-9
Use props
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

would prefer a side by side of the same shot, e.g. drones flying next to each other to get a better and actual comparison. Its more a compilation of DJI models and their footage rather than actual comparison. Interesting to see though, having the specs up is nice too.
2018-2-9
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

ambassador1 Posted at 2018-2-9 11:18
would prefer a side by side of the same shot, e.g. drones flying next to each other to get a better and actual comparison. Its more a compilation of DJI models and their footage rather than actual comparison. Interesting to see though, having the specs up is nice too.

Here is a comparison where the Mavic Air is inferior in regards of the video quality compared to the Mavic Pro. Both drones were mounted on a tripod (see video shots at the river).

It is in German language but the pics speak for themselve. From minute 13:33 (foto and after that video comparison)

Best regards, Alexander
2018-2-9
Use props
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

I prefer this one, I think the one above may not have their settings correct, shouldn't be that soft. Thanks, more is better, whatever the language.
\

2018-2-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Great video @ManAndDrone, thank you very much for sharing!
2018-2-9
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Great comparison videos thanks for sharing!
2018-2-9
Use props
Derbi
lvl.1

Finland

Is a clip from the raw footage available? Hard to tell how the quality really is by looking at overcompressed youtube videos.
2018-2-10
Use props
brasax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70574 ft
Germany

Great video!

What I’ve seen, the settings are different on the Air. WB Auto and the shutter on 120. The other drones have WB at 5600 and shutter doubled to the framerate, so 60 (or following them 180 rule).

Maybe you could say something why you used different settings on the Air?
2018-2-11
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great work.  Thanks for the comparisons.
2018-2-13
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yup. I immediately saw the image quality of the Mavic Air was way cleaner and dynamic range is also better than the Mavic Pro.
2018-2-13
Use props
lmc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 928842 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Hi,

I compared the video quality between air and Phantom 3 pro.

Check it out...

2018-2-13
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

ambassador1 Posted at 2018-2-9 13:44
I prefer this one, I think the one above may not have their settings correct, shouldn't be that soft. Thanks, more is better, whatever the language.
\
https://youtu.be/mntF22cxp5E

It's nice, but his Mavic Pro is either using -1/0 sharpness, which creates the much dreaded water colour effect and/or he has a focusing problem and/or the lens is smudgy

*edit: I meant Mavic Pro
2018-2-14
Use props
Eduardo0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6443990 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Very nice and beautiful scenery too.
2018-2-14
Use props
tomkrist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276473 ft
Norway

Seen so many videos from Air and compared it with mavic pro and Phantom 4+. The last Phantom 4+ seems maybe a tiny better than the air in 4k but not much. I also have a panasonic handcam with 4k 30 fps and the quality is greater on the air, however compared with my go pro 6 i have to say gopro6 beats the air and is on the same quality as the ph4+, maybe even better. I am going for the mavic air ,but i am waiting since the mavic pro 2 maybe will be released and what camera it will have. Will it have 4k 60 fps?
2018-2-15
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome, thanks!
2018-2-16
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Great comparison videos. thanks for posting these.
2018-2-18
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Damn that Inspire is just too crisp for my monitor
2018-2-19
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you comment on what transmission resolution is streamed to your mobile device using WIFI as compared to Ocusync and Lightbridge?
2018-2-21
Use props
VigilanteDrones
First Officer
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video!  You have some amazing shots!
2018-2-21
Use props
Illmaticz
lvl.1

Canada

Wow, great comparison. Thanks for the video.
2018-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules