Liability insurance in Canada?
1130 4 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Hi all, does anyone know if liability insurance in manitory in Toronto Canada to fly a Spark or Mavic Air? I read the rules it says we must label our name and phone # on your drone but not clear if insurance is manitory.

2018-2-8
Use props
deedub35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 131680 ft
Canada

At this point in time liability insurance is not required in Canada.  Proposed regulations (if passed) may change this.
2018-2-8
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer

Canada

deedub35 Posted at 2018-2-8 19:44
At this point in time liability insurance is not required in Canada.  Proposed regulations (if passed) may change this.

Ok, thanks for the update. I wonder where or who we could purchase this insurance if they push us to get it?
2018-2-8
Use props
Mustang1993
lvl.2

Canada

Hi from Windsor.  If you haven't taken a look at the proposed regulations in Canada you better do it quick.  Sometime this month they may become Law for all of Canada.  I love how the government of  Canada estimates a $100,000 policy will be $15 per year.  I've seen prices from $400 to $500 per year.  As you live in Toronto the only places you will be able to fly legally will be at MAAC approved sites or events.  If you join them it comes with Insurance with the price but you still can only fly at their approved sites or events.  The laws are so strict that even with insurance you couldn't fly a 251 gram motorised radio controlled blimp an 1" off the ground without breaking the law unless you have a very big yard.  I'm not exaggerating.  I haven't been able to fly my drone in my own yard legally since the interim laws came into effect in March of 2017.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/07/ ... s-transport-canada/
https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilav ... -drones-canada.html
2018-3-8
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer

Canada

Mustang1993 Posted at 2018-3-8 21:08
Hi from Windsor.  If you haven't taken a look at the proposed regulations in Canada you better do it quick.  Sometime this month they may become Law for all of Canada.  I love how the government of  Canada estimates a $100,000 policy will be $15 per year.  I've seen prices from $400 to $500 per year.  As you live in Toronto the only places you will be able to fly legally will be at MAAC approved sites or events.  If you join them it comes with Insurance with the price but you still can only fly at their approved sites or events.  The laws are so strict that even with insurance you couldn't fly a 251 gram motorised radio controlled blimp an 1" off the ground without breaking the law unless you have a very big yard.  I'm not exaggerating.  I haven't been able to fly my drone in my own yard legally since the interim laws came into effect in March of 2017.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/07/24/new-proposed-drone-regulations-transport-canada/

Thanks for this information, this really sucks once they start to enforce this or this becomes law this Hobby will slowly die.
2018-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules