What is "Too much attitude..." message
602 9 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fred F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4676457 ft
Australia

Flying in quite strong wind today, not the first time, but had never seen this message ( sorry, I dould be wrong, as it flash up as for a short time )

"Too much attitude, ...braking...." in yelow text.

What is this about.  Something to do with flying in wind, but there is a "High Wind Velocity" warning which is quite self explanatory.

So what is this message about.

2018-2-8
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I would guess that the drone "leans" to much forward. But only guessing.
2018-2-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It means the velocity tilt angle of the drone it too great for the design. Ease back off the pitch stick when flying in stronger winds and keep your altitude lower where the wind speeds will be lighter and have less influence on the attitude of the drone. Ideally, you shouldn't be flying in winds of >24MPH.
2018-2-8
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Australia

A CW Posted at 2018-2-8 23:41
It means the velocity tilt angle of the drone it too great for the design. Ease back off the pitch stick when flying in stronger winds and keep your altitude lower where the wind speeds will be lighter and have less influence on the attitude of the drone. Ideally, you shouldn't be flying in winds of >24MPH.

I guessed that's what it is. Thanks.
2018-2-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No probs.   
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Fred, please fly in a place without wind and see if the message remains. Did you fly with any filter? What mode were your drone in at that time? Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-2-9
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-9 00:40
Fred, please fly in a place without wind and see if the message remains. Did you fly with any filter? What mode were your drone in at that time? Please keep us updated, thanks.

I;ve got that message, along with "braking" & return sticks to center, messages only came up when facing the sun, around dusk, If i turned around, away from the sun, no messages.
I;m told sensors confused when facing the sun, low in the sky
2018-2-9
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

I was under impression it is some safety warning message telling that you fly your MA over-confidently. Oh, boy, how wrong I was.
2018-2-9
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

I get a frequent attitude reminder from my better half. My MP doesn't give me any bother at all in that department thankfully. Hope you get the problem resolved.
2018-2-9
Use props
Fred F
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-9 00:40

Thanks.  The message only came up momentarily.  I released all sticks, and it disappeared.

I was NOT in spot mode.

It does look like the attitude was too much due to strong head winds.
2018-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules