New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (09/2/2018)
60176 211 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Connor-UK Posted at 2018-2-10 05:24
Went very well, took about 20 mins.

It did reset my settings.

It took me more than that, almost 30 minutes with OTA.
Before the update I screen dumped all my settings.
To my surprise some settings were unchanged like the gimbal settings
Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 09.13.28.png
2018-2-12
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Virgil Quick Posted at 2018-2-10 20:25
There was one mention of settings being reset to factory defaults.  Did everyone experience this?

Most setting except the gimbal settings were reset. I screen dumped all settings before update.
2018-2-12
Use props
Centurio
lvl.1
Germany

Hi, most of my settings were the same after this update, which is quite unusual considering the resets from the last updates. I've updated using the Assistent on a Mac and it worked without problems. Maybe this update helps now with the inflight camera gimbal resets like its described here?
2018-2-12
Use props
fansc21abebd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 925010 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

A CW Posted at 2018-2-9 02:02
Thanks for the notification - I'll update the MPP today

Hello, captain, i'm waiting when you repair the bug.
2018-2-12
Use props
integer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

Arkel Posted at 2018-2-10 08:14
Hello everybody!

I just update the firmware of my Mavic Pro and tested (catastrophic for the return image in my case). It looks like there is now a problem of codec or transmission and I've very bad results on the return of images of the smartphone.

same results and for me
2018-2-12
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385702 ft
Italy

This version seems to have solved my "aircraft disconnected" issue, but now the video transmission is very choppy
2018-2-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Repair what bug? I don’t work for DJI...
2018-2-12
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-10 03:03
Just updated my mpp and did test fly , so far no issues. See all intelligent modes, hovers perfectly, even when i call his name ,he will come. Listens better then my wife.
If problems in future ,i will report

Well coming back to my previous post . I flew the mpp again today, and i noticed that the videofeed on my ipad mini 4 is much more choppy then before. Somehow dji can’t get it right and really makes a mess out of it. Fix maybe one issue ,but creating 2 more.
Is it this time the app or the fw? What should we do?
2018-2-12
Use props
Arkel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39626 ft

Belgium

Back to my feedback...

As I said and as many said, with the new firmware update transmission became choppy, some momentaneous freezing and slow response for image return.

As one advice me, I downgraded the firmware but choppy transmission stay!!!

What should I do now!?

Which were the modifications made by firmware which didn't change with downgrade?
2018-2-12
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Arkel Posted at 2018-2-12 09:44
Back to my feedback...

As I said and as many said, with the new firmware update transmission became choppy, some momentaneous freezing and slow response for image return.

Did you also update the app to 4.2.6 or is it still .5?
If you updated the app , then i am sure its the app that causes the choppy, as you can read one post up , i have got the same issue
2018-2-12
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-12 09:54
Did you also update the app to 4.2.6 or is it still .5?
If you updated the app , then i am sure its the app that causes the choppy, as you can read one post up , i have got the same issue

How can we downgrade the app?
2018-2-12
Use props
Arkel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39626 ft

Belgium

Also updated the app to 4.2.6...

Yep. Need to downgrade DJI go 4 also and see if it works but I dont know if it is possible nor how I have to so that.

Blind fly is hazardous
2018-2-12
Use props
JLB768
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1259715 ft
United States

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-12 09:25
Well coming back to my previous post . I flew the mpp again today, and i noticed that the videofeed on my ipad mini 4 is much more choppy then before. Somehow dji can’t get it right and really makes a mess out of it. Fix maybe one issue ,but creating 2 more.

Same here, bought an Ipad Mini 4 last week strictly for the MP. Updated yesterday, got to fly for about 10 minutes today just to make sure all was good. Video on the Ipad was choppy when rotating left or right.
2018-2-12
Use props
stevermoore
New
Flight distance : 253678 ft
United Kingdom

After updating this morning the "Enable Intelligent flight modes" was switched off.   This turned off the positioning mode and caused me to have my first crash!  The drone vered off course and wouldn't fly in a straight line.   Luckily only two broken propellers and a dislodged gimble.  Why was this switched off on the update?  Very annoyed!!!
2018-2-12
Use props
JLB768
lvl.2
United States

I rolled back to 1.04.0100, the video on my Ipad Mini 4 was bad choppy when rotating left/right.
2018-2-12
Use props
fans5aee5495
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After every app or firmware update you always need to check all settings, make it a habit.Check GPS lock before take off.
2018-2-12
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

JLB768 Posted at 2018-2-12 11:55
I rolled back to 1.04.0100, the video on my Ipad Mini 4 was bad choppy when rotating left/right.

And which version app you have , 4.2.6? And after rolling back is it still choppy? Because i think its an app issue
2018-2-12
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-12 09:25
Well coming back to my previous post . I flew the mpp again today, and i noticed that the videofeed on my ipad mini 4 is much more choppy then before. Somehow dji can’t get it right and really makes a mess out of it. Fix maybe one issue ,but creating 2 more.

this is a clip from video cache ,so not directly from sd card.
and that is what I see on my iPad mini , quite choppy . at least more choppy than before 4.2.5 app
especially when i fly over the trees and at the end when i yaw to the left or isnt this too bad compared to what you have?ps in the beginning i am just adjusten the ev

2018-2-12
Use props
JLB768
lvl.2
United States

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-12 12:01
And which version app you have , 4.2.6? And after rolling back is it still choppy? Because i think its an app issue

4.2.5, and it still seems choppy. Both AC and Remote are 1.04.0100...I dunno what's going on.
2018-2-12
Use props
JLB768
lvl.2
United States

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-12 12:19
and that is what I see on my iPad mini , quite choppy . at least more choppy than before 4.2.5 app https://youtu.be/taAyq1DCRKM
especially when i fly over the trees and at the end when i yaw to the left or isnt this too bad compared to what you have?ps in the beginning i am just adjusten the ev

Mine's about the same...
2018-2-12
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

JLB768 Posted at 2018-2-12 13:34
Mine's about the same...

I know its not too bad and is still pretty watchable. But its irritating and i don’t understand these fw and app updates from dji. Normally when you do updates ,things should improve , in dji’s case its getting worst.
Also one shOULD NOT HAVE TO BUY A NEW DEVICE AFTER Each updates . It looks like that after every update , slowly but surely some applications within the app is getting bad or in some cases not working anymore
Btw still no response of dji , if they are aware of what is happening
2018-2-12
Use props
JLB768
lvl.2
United States

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-12 14:13
I know its not too bad and is still pretty watchable. But its irritating and i don’t understand these fw and app updates from dji. Normally when you do updates ,things should improve , in dji’s case its getting worst.
Also one shOULD NOT HAVE TO BUY A NEW DEVICE AFTER Each updates . It looks like that after every update , slowly but surely some applications within the app is getting bad or in some cases not working anymore
Btw still no response of dji , if they are aware of what is happening

Watching recorded video, it doesn't seem as choppy as the live feed. I don't know, I've only had my MP a couple weeks, so I don't know how good/bad things have been/gotten. Everyone seems to agree that 1.04.0100 is stable, I just don't know what GO4 version will play well with it, and give smooth video. Edited to add...Not sure when I'll get to fly again, temps are about to hit the 20's again, and with the warmup a few days from now, we're looking at rain for about 7 days strait.
2018-2-12
Use props
Andyh77777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 173432 ft
Australia

JLB768 Posted at 2018-2-12 14:21
Watching recorded video, it doesn't seem as choppy as the live feed. I don't know, I've only had my MP a couple weeks, so I don't know how good/bad things have been/gotten. Everyone seems to agree that 1.04.0100 is stable, I just don't know what GO4 version will play well with it, and give smooth video. Edited to add...Not sure when I'll get to fly again, temps are about to hit the 20's again, and with the warmup a few days from now, we're looking at rain for about 7 days strait.

1.04.0300 is unusable on my Galaxy S5.  Extreme distortions and artefacts on the screen.  I even did a full factory reset of my S5 and reinstalled only DJI Go 4 (4.2.6).  This made no improvement.  How are others with the S5 fairing with this new update?
2018-2-12
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

No comments yet from dji

Hello moderators where are you?
In hope you are aware of the problems
2018-2-12
Use props
bernardren07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Don't know if mavic pro have choppy after update firmware or latest app android 4.2.6. How Abt p4p screen when use 4.2.6? Fine with screen without any issue choppy or what?
2018-2-12
Use props
djiuser_4RTCQcXsm7Iq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84760 ft
Australia

AussieFlyer Posted at 2018-2-9 15:46
Ditto +10, V01.04.0200 lost me more improvements that it was supposed to fix. No Quickshots, no Dynamic home point no Pano mode.
And now no more Mavic Pro as the Obstacle Avoidance also failed, A/C now at DJI Agents for repair.
NO NOT UPDATE unless it is absolutely necessary, is my advice.

I did an update to my mavic pro which failed, I sent it off to a company in Sydney, they could not fix it so they sent it to DJI Melbourne, almost a month ago. I have no idea when i'm going to get it back, both the company in Sydney and DJI Australia (Melbourne) don't like communicating with the customer, will not buy another DJI product. I will looking towards buying one from someone that wants to give service and looks after the customer.
2018-2-12
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165213 ft
Australia

djiuser_4RTCQcXsm7Iq Posted at 2018-2-12 16:22
I did an update to my mavic pro which failed, I sent it off to a company in Sydney, they could not fix it so they sent it to DJI Melbourne, almost a month ago. I have no idea when i'm going to get it back, both the company in Sydney and DJI Australia (Melbourne) don't like communicating with the customer, will not buy another DJI product. I will looking towards buying one from someone that wants to give service and looks after the customer.

Hi djiuser_4RTCQcXsm7Iq   (you really should get a shorter name)

The end result of my firmware update failing resulted in a crash, as both the forward and downward sensors  stopped working in addition to the missing flight modes. I also returned it to a Sydney supplier (where I purchased it from, and they have been very helpful so far) and it has been forwarded to DJI Melbourne as they didn't have any camera's/gimbal assemblies in stock. (camera was destroyed in the crash). I hope we don't both have the same experiences regarding repairs.
Was yours crashed as a result of the upgrade? Or did you send it back for the Firmware issue only? Sure seems a long time far any sort of repair!
2018-2-12
Use props
fans696d9097
New

United States

stevermoore Posted at 2018-2-12 10:28
After updating this morning the "Enable Intelligent flight modes" was switched off.   This turned off the positioning mode and caused me to have my first crash!  The drone vered off course and wouldn't fly in a straight line.   Luckily only two broken propellers and a dislodged gimble.  Why was this switched off on the update?  Very annoyed!!!

This is why so important to learn how to fly line of sight. Do not rely on sensors etc. you will crash every time if you do. You must be able to take control of aircraft and control in any and all situations.
2018-2-12
Use props
fansc21abebd
lvl.3
  • >>>
Belgium

fans696d9097 Posted at 2018-2-12 21:52
This is why so important to learn how to fly line of sight. Do not rely on sensors etc. you will crash every time if you do. You must be able to take control of aircraft and control in any and all situations.

It's a dji bug.
2018-2-12
Use props
fansc21abebd
lvl.3
  • >>>
Belgium

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-12 12:19
and that is what I see on my iPad mini , quite choppy . at least more choppy than before 4.2.5 app https://youtu.be/taAyq1DCRKM

Overal verontwaardiging dat "intelligent flight modes" niet meer bereikbaar zijn. Trouwens ik heb de indruk dat de videos niet allen meer "choppy" zijn, maar ook de kwaliteit laat te wensen over.
2018-2-12
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansc21abebd Posted at 2018-2-12 23:38
Overal verontwaardiging dat "intelligent flight modes" niet meer bereikbaar zijn. Trouwens ik heb de indruk dat de videos niet allen meer "choppy" zijn, maar ook de kwaliteit laat te wensen over.

Hoi , ik schrijf ff in engels

Do you mean with intelligent flight modes switched off , the enable multiple flight mode button not on green?

And which quality do you mean is worst , the cache files or also the files on your sd card in the mavic?

But its videofeed is indeed more choppy then before
2018-2-13
Use props
fansc21abebd
lvl.3
  • >>>
Belgium

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-13 00:36
Hoi , ik schrijf ff in engels

Do you mean with intelligent flight modes switched off , the enable multiple flight mode button not on green?

Yes, the controller button is not longer on the screen, so it's not possible to fly intelligent modes. Further i can no longer syncing the flight records.
Hopely there comes a new update from dji and with no other bugs.
2018-2-13
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansc21abebd Posted at 2018-2-12 23:38

Regarding intelligent mode switched off , maybe maybe just a thought, can you have a look on your control if the right side button isnt been put in sportsmode?

As i believe the intelligent mode s only work in p mode.
Just a suggestion
2018-2-13
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

stevermoore Posted at 2018-2-12 10:28

Check if on the control the button hasnt been put accidentilly in sportsmode, as intelligentmodes i believe only work in p mode
2018-2-13
Use props
fansc21abebd
lvl.3
  • >>>
Belgium

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-13 00:45
Check if on the control the button hasnt been put accidentilly in sportsmode, as intelligentmodes i believe only work in p mode

No, the drone is in p-mode. It's a dji bug.
2018-2-13
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

fansc21abebd Posted at 2018-2-13 00:53
No, the drone is in p-mode. It's a dji bug.

hmm , I don't know what else could be done , downgrade fw ? delete app and reinstall app again, factory reset , you probably have tried that already.
what about the quality of your footage on you sd card , also bad or the same as before? an only the cache videos are bad?
2018-2-13
Use props
fansc21abebd
lvl.3
  • >>>
Belgium

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-13 00:58
hmm , I don't know what else could be done , downgrade fw ? delete app and reinstall app again, factory reset , you probably have tried that already.
what about the quality of your footage on you sd card , also bad or the same as before? an only the cache videos are bad?

I have done everything, but it resist, it's a bug and i have it send to dji. Now i am waiting for 5 days for a bugfix. The cache video is not so good as the video on the sd card.
2018-2-13
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

fansc21abebd Posted at 2018-2-13 01:17
I have done everything, but it resist, it's a bug and i have it send to dji. Now i am waiting for 5 days for a bugfix. The cache video is not so good as the video on the sd card.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=857162
I made another post referring to this one, as dji doesn't seem to react, maybe we are lucky with the other thread
2018-2-13
Use props
Pranav Farsaiya
New

Switzerland

Which Dji App is the best to fly Mavic Air
2018-2-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansc21abebd Posted at 2018-2-9 01:31
After updating the DJI GO4 app and my Spark and mavic pro, the "intelligent flight modes" d'oenst appeers.

Hi, there. Please tell me the model of your device and the version of your app. Can you provide a screenshot of the image screen? Thanks for your support.
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules