1542 9 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The QC of the latest Osmo mobile 2 is that bad!  I got mine yesterday order from Apple store, which is dead on arrival!  First it take 4hours to charge but still only got 93% full.  Then it won't balance at all, I tried 3 different phone but still can't get it turn and stay at 90degree no matter how I try.  The worst is it after start the handle you can feel the motor shake like PS4 controller, and the gimbal can't stay strangle but just keep my phone screen downward.  The calibration does not work too, it will just shake like crazy when it start.  I have put into videos but the forum don't allow upload.

Does DJI QC their product before ship?  Super disappointing!
2018-2-9
Use props
待疯狂的渣渣
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61214 ft
Hong Kong

did you update the latest version on it? i saw it says the new firmware optimized the battery charging function.
and for gimbal balance issue check this video. wish it could help:
2018-2-9
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

待疯狂的渣渣 Posted at 2018-2-9 04:03
did you update the latest version on it? i saw it says the new firmware optimized the battery charging function.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fWe1o2RjZY&t=24s

No!  I did update the firmware but nothing change.  The gimbal is totally screw up, there is one possible motor defected.  I sent the operation video to the store.  They totally agree that a defected OSMO and agree for free exchange to new one.
2018-2-9
Use props
darrins
lvl.4
United States

待疯狂的渣渣 Posted at 2018-2-9 04:03
did you update the latest version on it? i saw it says the new firmware optimized the battery charging function.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fWe1o2RjZY&t=24s

How do you check if a firmware update is available? Do you have to connect the OM2 to a computer? Thanks.
2018-2-9
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
China

darrins Posted at 2018-2-9 11:19
How do you check if a firmware update is available? Do you have to connect the OM2 to a computer? Thanks.

connect to your phone and once your phone online you will know whether available or not.
2018-2-9
Use props
fansf7bd5d38
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2156 ft
  • >>>
United States

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2018-2-9 19:24
connect to your phone and once your phone online you will know whether available or not.

Looks like Apple has another bad exclusive. I’m having exactly the same problem your describing. Junk! Train wreck!
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi MAVICDLNM, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, it is good to know the Store will free exchange to a new one, if there is any case number from the Apple Store, please provide to us. Thank you very much.
2018-2-10
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-10 18:56
Hi MAVICDLNM, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, it is good to know the Store will free exchange to a new one, if there is any case number from the Apple Store, please provide to us. Thank you very much.

Hi MANDY

As per your request case #6573333464
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

darrins Posted at 2018-2-9 11:19

Hi darrins, the latest firmware version of Osmo Mobile 2 is V2.1.0.20, if the firmware is not the latest version, the APP will pop up the firmware updating notification when your phone is connected to the network.
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf7bd5d38 Posted at 2018-2-9 20:45
Looks like Apple has another bad exclusive. I’m having exactly the same problem your describing. Junk! Train wreck!

Sorry to know you have the same problem, may I have your current firmware version? Did you balance the gimbal well before you switch on? If the issue persists, please post a short video here for further support, thank you very much.
2018-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules