Micro Usb cable to connect to the controller?
6147 7 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys
Can anyone recomend a longer micro to micro usb cable so i can connect my tablet up to the rc as the one supplied is too short but fine for my mobile phone?
Thanks
2018-2-9
Use props
Gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

When I was looking for a shorter 1 foot cable for my P3 I must have looked at about a bazillion different USB cables on Amazon!  They have right angle, left angle, electroluminescent as well as adapters of every configuration.  
2018-2-9
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

you can connect tablet to the 'other' usb port on the controller and use your phantom's usb cable
2018-2-9
Use props
Breck N
lvl.1
United States

I got this one because I use a phone mount that holds the phone above the controller like a tablet.

Longer micro USB to Lightning cord
2018-2-9
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Personally, I prefer the full sized USB port located just beneath the mobile device holder arms rather than the micro port on the left side of the remote.  Lots of folks have posted that it's a better and more secure way to connect mobile to remote.
2018-2-9
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-2-9 08:44
Personally, I prefer the full sized USB port located just beneath the mobile device holder arms rather than the micro port on the left side of the remote.  Lots of folks have posted that it's a better and more secure way to connect mobile to remote.

In fact, I could be mis-remembering, but I think I've seen a DJI mod post somewhere on the forum that if you're connecting a TABLET (i.e., instead of a phone), you're actually SUPPOSED to use the full sized USB port instead of the proprietary (rectangular) "Micro USB" DJI connector on the side of the RC. I believe they also caution to make sure you disconnect the micro port / device _before_ connecting a device to the main USB port, and vice versa.
2018-2-9
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

Wazch for the micro USB orientation on both ends fitting the way you want to have the angles!
A cheap cable from AliExpress works
2018-2-9
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

Spaceman_66 Posted at 2018-2-9 11:43
In fact, I could be mis-remembering, but I think I've seen a DJI mod post somewhere on the forum that if you're connecting a TABLET (i.e., instead of a phone), you're actually SUPPOSED to use the full sized USB port instead of the proprietary (rectangular) "Micro USB" DJI connector on the side of the RC. I believe they also caution to make sure you disconnect the micro port / device _before_ connecting a device to the main USB port, and vice versa.

only convenience would suggest using the bottom port.  they are both the same usb standard, just different connector and interlinked, thus the reason you can't use both at the same time.
2018-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules