Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Change DJI Account email?
12Next >
11933 54 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GoldenSun
Captain
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

I wanted to change my DJI Account email as I do not use anymore the one that I have signed up with. Is there a way to change the email address? When I try to edit my profile the email is grayed out - can someone help here?
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, I am sorry to tell that we don't support changing the email at the moment. If you don't use this email account anymore, you can log out and sign your new account again in the forum. Thank you.
2018-2-9
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Poland

That's a shame, I don't want to create a new account because then I loose all my transaction history. I just wanted to change my email to receive messages properly.
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-2-10 03:47
That's a shame, I don't want to create a new account because then I loose all my transaction history. I just wanted to change my email to receive messages properly.

Yes, I understand. However, since we don't support changing the email account and relate the history, so new maybe you can only create a new account. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-2-10
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Poland

I see. Are there plans to support email changing in the nearest future?
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-2-11 05:04
I see. Are there plans to support email changing in the nearest future?

I am sorry to tell I haven't received the relative plans. But will forward this requirement to the relative department. Thank you for supporting.
2018-2-11
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Poland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-11 21:26
I am sorry to tell I haven't received the relative plans. But will forward this requirement to the relative department. Thank you for supporting.

Please do. I'm sure many will appreciate this feature.
2018-2-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thank you.
2018-2-15
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25791 ft
United States

Are you serious?  You do not support email changing?  How is this possible?  I have my phantom 4 pro registered to my work email.  I no longer have my work email because I sold the domain and its rights.  The email no longer belongs to me.  

Now someone else has the ability to access this account if they do a password reset.  How does DJI not do this?  The year is 2018.  Email accounts started to be changed around 40-50 years ago now.
2018-6-17
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor,

This is beyond incomprehensible.  The absolute ignorance that DJI has shown throughout their 1) Early firmware updates, 2) Lack of repair 3) "refurbished" repairs, 4) Sending OTHER peoples drones to people, 5) Errors in timing when fixes or repairs are taking place 6) Lack of communication, and now

7) You are subject to lawsuits because you dont allow people to change their email address.  You allow people to store their credit card file online.  If someones account is accessed by a third party (lets say mine) because I sold the domain to someone else...DJI has now effectively given this 3rd party  a way to commit credit card fraud and DJI is 100% complicit in this act.

Wow.  Just wow.
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Danoldo Posted at 2018-6-17 11:36
Are you serious?  You do not support email changing?  How is this possible?  I have my phantom 4 pro registered to my work email.  I no longer have my work email because I sold the domain and its rights.  The email no longer belongs to me.  

Now someone else has the ability to access this account if they do a password reset.  How does DJI not do this?  The year is 2018.  Email accounts started to be changed around 40-50 years ago now.

Hi, I'd like to express my sincere sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please refer to the answer on the floor 2#, the DJI account is unable to be changed at present. This has been forwarded to the relative department, if there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time, appreciate your kind understanding. Thank you very much.
2018-6-18
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-18 01:14
Hi, I'd like to express my sincere sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please refer to the answer on the floor 2#, the DJI account is unable to be changed at present. This has been forwarded to the relative department, if there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time, appreciate your kind understanding. Thank you very much.

Yeah, I saw this..  However, since I sold the domain www.bradtobias.com to a company, they also have the rights to this email.  So if I try to recover the password, it gets forwarded to SOMEONE else... that's a pretty big security breach if you ask me.

I'm not surprised.  As a business owner I am very conscientious of complaints, whether people are reasonable, logical, if the complaint is warranted, etc.

DJI has surprisingly ranked at the t op worst company I've ever done business with.  I only come here until the drone breaks.  At that point, I'll still be a staunch voice in the community anywhere I can hoping to cost DJI sales by telling the truth about its customer support and company operations.

The company shouldnt be in existence.

Oh well, my bad.
2018-6-25
Use props
LogWagon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5315 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-18 01:14
Hi, I'd like to express my sincere sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please refer to the answer on the floor 2#, the DJI account is unable to be changed at present. This has been forwarded to the relative department, if there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time, appreciate your kind understanding. Thank you very much.

I also would like to change my email address.  Fortunately I'm not worried about preserving my log entries.  If I create a new account with my preferred email can I switch my Spark and my service plan to the new account?
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

LogWagon Posted at 2018-7-10 13:20
I also would like to change my email address.  Fortunately I'm not worried about preserving my log entries.  If I create a new account with my preferred email can I switch my Spark and my service plan to the new account?

The activation account cannot be changed, DJI Care Refresh is bound to the aircraft, no need to change the email account.
2018-7-10
Use props
LogWagon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5315 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-10 23:44
The activation account cannot be changed, DJI Care Refresh is bound to the aircraft, no need to change the email account.

If I buy a used drone how will I convert it to my email address?
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LogWagon Posted at 2018-7-18 16:11
If I buy a used drone how will I convert it to my email address?

As Mindy mentioned, the activation email address cannot be changed, you may log in your own DJI Account to fly the drone.
2018-7-19
Use props
hbarchini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7467713 ft
  • >>>
Paraguay

Any news? i discontinued my email address because I sold the company... i need and unlocking code to fly with a client un an airport and i cant have it because the email doesn't exist anymore!!! you need to fix this ASAP! i cant use my drones this way!!! how its possible we cant change a mail in our profile? this is basic!
2018-7-29
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Poland

hbarchini@icloud.com Posted at 2018-7-29 10:50
Any news? i discontinued my email address because I sold the company... i need and unlocking code to fly with a client un an airport and i cant have it because the email doesn't exist anymore!!! you need to fix this ASAP! i cant use my drones this way!!! how its possible we cant change a mail in our profile? this is basic!

Exactly... yet still nothing seems to have changed here...
2018-7-29
Use props
djiuser_3b55IPR11VSf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96450 ft
Australia

I'm now in a similar situation, I've been advised the email address I registered with will be deactivated by the provider at the end of this month.  Is there anything I can do to change the address while it is still active?  
2018-8-20
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Poland

djiuser_3b55IPR11VSf Posted at 2018-8-20 04:36
I'm now in a similar situation, I've been advised the email address I registered with will be deactivated by the provider at the end of this month.  Is there anything I can do to change the address while it is still active?

Well, apparently... no.
2018-8-20
Use props
heliman
First Officer

I have the same problem. The top level domain of my e-mail address expired on sept. 30 and has not been renewed (the company is gone).
It has not vanished yet, but probably will anytime soon.
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

heliman Posted at 2018-10-2 00:30
I have the same problem. The top level domain of my e-mail address expired on sept. 30 and has not been renewed (the company is gone).
It has not vanished yet, but probably will anytime soon.

Hi heliman, sorry to hear that, unfortunately, we don't support changing the email at the moment. If you don't use this email account anymore, you can log out and sign your new account again in the forum. Thank you.
2018-10-2
Use props
djiuser_KFAyx3sFSGsl
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-2 02:38
Hi heliman, sorry to hear that, unfortunately, we don't support changing the email at the moment. If you don't use this email account anymore, you can log out and sign your new account again in the forum. Thank you.

This has to be the most asinine thing I have EVER heard from a business.  Enough of the "sorry" and time to fix the issue!!

I suppose that since I am no longer affiliated with the college that I previously registered with and cannot receive email there, I will no longer be able to receive benefits?  I have earned credits from over $15K in purchases that I will no longer be able to use?

If I can still use them, how will I be notified of any transactions or shipping if I cannot access the email account - or any changes or important information regarding the aircraft affiliated with that account?

Another user had a very valid point regarding privacy...
Has DJI every heard or implemented GDPR - the answer is YES?  It is REQUIRED by EU law and requires ALL that do business or that store customer information to comply with that regulation or face significant fines to include $10M EUR - yes, that is correct.

If another person gains access to a customer account due to DJI's failure to stop that access, that is a violation of GDPR - that simple.
This regulation was implemented and accepted by DJI (I still have the emails) and became effective May 25th, 2018.

FIX THE PROBLEM IMMEDIATELY!  Enough of the "I reported the issue".  This is a priority #1 legal issue that WILL result in fines to DJI - FACT and end of story.
2018-10-23
Use props
MichealMedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179026 ft

djiuser_KFAyx3sFSGsl Posted at 2018-10-23 05:50
This has to be the most asinine thing I have EVER heard from a business.  Enough of the "sorry" and time to fix the issue!!

I suppose that since I am no longer affiliated with the college that I previously registered with and cannot receive email there, I will no longer be able to receive benefits?  I have earned credits from over $15K in purchases that I will no longer be able to use?

Big brother, GDPR is for EU countries, not US.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_KFAyx3sFSGsl Posted at 2018-10-23 05:50

Sir, I understand your point and very sorry for the inconvenience. If the previous email address will not be valid anymore, you may contact us to transfer the DJI Credits. Please kindly note that only the DJI Credits can be transferred, and the other information will not be saved, thanks!
2018-10-23
Use props
djiuser_KFAyx3sFSGsl
lvl.2

United States

MichealMedia Posted at 2018-10-23 19:48
Big brother, GDPR is for EU countries, not US.

MichaelMedia:
Your statement is completely incorrect regarding GDPR and only being applicable to those within the EU.
Any entity within any country that houses personally identifiable information on any EU citizen is bound by GDPR if they intend to continue business with EU citizens.
This is why DJI has entered into the GDPR agreement some time ago. Furthermore, DJI is not a US based company so your statement does not make sense in that respect unless I misunderstand your comment.  Your credit card verification is accomplished by a foreign entity.

You can review a portion of the regulation here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en

DJI Susan:  Thank you for that information, I will look into that transfer. However, I stand by my original assessment that this completely asinine and it must be changed.
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

djiuser_KFAyx3sFSGsl Posted at 2018-10-25 04:25
MichaelMedia:
Your statement is completely incorrect regarding GDPR and only being applicable to those within the EU.
Any entity within any country that houses personally identifiable information on any EU citizen is bound by GDPR if they intend to continue business with EU citizens.

Hi there, we will transfer your concern to the related team for further verification.  
If you would like to transfer the DJI Credit, please keep us updated, thank you.
2018-10-26
Use props
djiuser_v7UNFalTigDN
lvl.1
United States

If I create a new account could you transfer my DJI care plus.... I already bought it on my Brown.edu email, but that email has since been deactivated by my school.  If you can't change the email could you at least refund, that purchase or switch it over to a new account when I move it..... And the rewards points and purchase history?
2018-11-2
Use props
djiuser_v7UNFalTigDN
lvl.1
United States

If I create a new account could you transfer my DJI care plus.... I already bought it on my Brown.edu email, but that email has since been deactivated by my school.  If you can't change the email could you at least refund, that purchase or switch it over to a new account when I move it..... And the rewards points and purchase history?
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_v7UNFalTigDN Posted at 11-2 06:57
If I create a new account could you transfer my DJI care plus.... I already bought it on my Brown.edu email, but that email has since been deactivated by my school.  If you can't change the email could you at least refund, that purchase or switch it over to a new account when I move it..... And the rewards points and purchase history?

Hi there,  you don't have to worry about your DJI Care even you can't access your old account. Your DJI Care is bound to your Aircraft's SN and not to your DJI account. When refunding the service plan, you may refer in this link for the Terms of Service : https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh-plus/info#s5

2018-11-2
Use props
djiuser_OzJG3fiMvfRh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 415138 ft
Paraguay

hbarchini@icloud.com Posted at 2018-7-29 10:50

Verdad
2019-1-26
Use props
Alan Taylor
New

Australia

What a disgrace email balls up. DJI never again. Shame great product. Tried to retrieve my lost password. Asks for a Chinese mainland phone number. Go figure. I could not access my account at all. I am lost now it seems.
2019-2-3
Use props
alexsegler
New
Australia

DJI - I and many other users need to be able to change our email address.

I also have a drone registered to an email address I can’t control. And I just bought another one which I’m going to have to register onto a second account because I can’t access my old email address.

Get it fixed. It is unacceptable in 2019 you as one of the biggest tech companies in the world haven’t figured out how to change an email

I want to be contacted by someone from the “relevant” department as to when this will be sorted
2019-2-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

alexsegler Posted at 2-14 03:35
DJI - I and many other users need to be able to change our email address.

I also have a drone registered to an email address I can’t control. And I just bought another one which I’m going to have to register onto a second account because I can’t access my old email address.

Hi alexsegler, sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what information would you like to transfer in the forum? We'd double check with the technicians later.
2019-2-15
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Poland

It's been a long time and this problem has still not been fixed. I have been forced to create a new account in this case but I still don't want to loose all the DJI credit and Forum Points from my previous account - can you please transfer them?
2019-2-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GoldenSun Posted at 2-15 14:07
It's been a long time and this problem has still not been fixed. I have been forced to create a new account in this case but I still don't want to loose all the DJI credit and Forum Points from my previous account - can you please transfer them?

Hi GoldenSun, as mentioned above, the DJI Credits can be transferred, but points are not. If you need to transfer the Credits, please kindly write to support@dji.com, the designated team will take care of it, thanks!
2019-2-15
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 2-15 23:06
Hi GoldenSun, as mentioned above, the DJI Credits can be transferred, but points are not. If you need to transfer the Credits, please kindly write to , the designated team will take care of it, thanks!

Alright, I will, thank you for the reply.
2019-2-16
Use props
kaister
lvl.1

South Africa

Why has this problem been here for years? It's really just stupid! I paid a thousand dollars for my drone but I can't even change my email address? The worst part is that something like this would only take 2 weeks at most to implement. Just assign a unique usercode, that isn't visible to each user and then they can change all other aspects of their profile! This is an incredibly stupid problem for such a big company. Just get it over with.
2019-2-28
Use props
Kevin8701
lvl.3
Flight distance : 167982 ft

It seems that DJI has his own mind on the system and the points might be the key. Anyway, change the email address whether or not will not affect the flying.
2019-2-28
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 163983 ft

Slovenia

i would like this to happen, too. not in 6 months or years, it should be available today.
2019-3-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules