Spot on sensor
574 10 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndersB
lvl.1
Denmark

Hi you all

I just came back from a trip to Senega and was watching the 2 videos I made there.
I noticed straight away that there is a small unclear spot on the film. I have checked the for visible dirt but can see any at all. So my conclusion is that is probably on the sensor itself. Does anyone have any idea of what to do about this??
I bought the Spark less than 2 month ago

thanks for any help

2018-2-9
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I don’t know Senega. How was the humidity there?
If it was moisture, it may be gone now.
2018-2-9
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Clean your lens regardless of whether you can see the spot.  I doubt one's ability to see a spot that causes "a small unclear spot" on such a tiny camera.  I had to clean my lens for a unclear grease like spot that I couldn't see externally.  
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please clean your sensor first. If your drone has the problem again, please provide a picture or a video about the situation. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-9
Use props
AndersB
lvl.1
Denmark

Thanks for all of your responses.

First of all just to correct a typo it was Senegal I was visiting.
I have cleaned the lense, but the spot is still there.
As you can see on the photos the spot moves a bit when the camera uses the stabilization, when i shake the camera.
I have been trying to upload a video of it, but haven't been able to do it yet, tried both computer and iphone browser.
2018-2-10
Use props
AndersB
lvl.1
Denmark

Here is a link for a video of it
2018-2-10
Use props
AndersB
lvl.1
Denmark

AndersB Posted at 2018-2-10 03:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH9fNyst2oM&feature=youtu.be

Here is a link for a video of it

Feel free to comment anytime, now that the video of the problem is here
2018-2-20
Use props
Mara42
lvl.4
Flight distance : 245440 ft
Czechia

To me it seems like dirt on the sensor itself. In case it was anything on the lens, it would be much more blurred – edges here are way too good defined.
As electronic stabilization kicks in, it seems to be moving – due using using of different sensor crop area.
You won't be able to clear it on your own... that's possible without risking your warranty only on cameras with interchangeable lens.
2018-2-21
Use props
AndersB
lvl.1
Denmark

Hi Mara, Yes thats also what I concluded. Now the only thing is how DJI are going to help me with this, as this happened only 2 month after buying if. And as far as I can see its impossible for dirt to get inside the sensor box, as it looks VERY sealed.
2018-2-21
Use props
Mara42
lvl.4
Flight distance : 245440 ft
Czechia

It's sealed and it shouldn't happen, but Spark's sensor is fairly small, so your problem can be caused by just very very little dirt. Anyway I would contact DJI.
2018-2-21
Use props
AndersB
lvl.1
India

So the end of it all is, that i send it in for repair and if was fixed by DJI without any cost for me. VERY good service.
2018-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules