Mavic Air Free Trial Program Denial - It's OK, Really
1844 20 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rodador
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427520 ft
United States

Yes, I was both surprised & excited when DJI announced this program so I tried to get in on it but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

I knew it was a long shot for me because I have no YouTube content about my Spark, I'm still a new DJI owner and am learning how to be a DJI pilot, it is different than others, trust me. But I hoped that maybe they'd want a fresh perspective from someone who has not mastered the DJI methodology of flying and could maybe spot areas to improve where others might gloss over them.

But don't worry about me, I'll be okay, I've  been rejected before.

But seriously, DJI, thank you for involving us, your otherwise paying customers, in the Mavic Air launch and trial program and I hope it is successful and you choose to do it again in the future.

Here's the email I received, which was also a surprise, I had only expected a reply if I had been chosen. So, yah, my heart did skip a beat when I saw it waiting there in my inbox this morning.

Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for your participation in the Mavic Air Free Trial Program!

After carefully evaluating your application, we are sorry to inform that you are not eligible for the program.

We appreciate your interest, and we have more DJI and Mavic Air events planned for you!

Please visit the official DJI Forum and SkyPixel for the latest news and incredible content created with the Mavic Air.

Thank you again!

Best,

DJI
2018-2-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I got the same message, but luckily I have the Air already ;-)
2018-2-9
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

the whole thing didn't make a lot of sense to me in the first place.  most of the big name youtubers that didn't get pre-release versions have already bought them and are posting videos about them, so there is a very small group of people that a) want to post content with/about the mavic air, b) weren't in on the pre-release, and c) haven't already bought one with their own money.  
2018-2-9
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

I cried myself to sleep, tbh. DJI must not really love me.
2018-2-9
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

it's easier for DJI to send the test equipment to iJustine and such as it will be always reviewed accordingly and not put to real life tests, on ski slopes, water, mountains, wind, sun, etc..it will be just "un-boxed" and a test flight performed in a nice place, where is summer, waves, sun and filmed in 4k )
2018-2-9
Use props
warrenski
lvl.4
South Africa

My heart also skipped a beat when I got their email telling me I've been declined. Oh well, better luck next time!
2018-2-9
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

We only had a 0.25% chance of being eligible anyways..
2018-2-9
Use props
Enri
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683501 ft
Italy

Take it positive.... we are on the same boat! at least we still have a chance for mavic2 or P5 ;-)
2018-2-10
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I too was rejected, not the first time in my life. But at least they had the courtesy to tell me that. So many others I have come across never bother to tell you anything. of counrse you could look on the bright side, perhaps they are saving us to do something really really important like test fly the Phantom 5!
2018-2-10
Use props
Jones_Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78714 ft
Guam

I didn’t even get an email
2018-2-10
Use props
deedub35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 131680 ft
Canada

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the e-mail come in addressed from DJI.  At least I got an e-mail saying I was denied.  Delete.  Same feeling when I got the first e-mail saying I was one of the first 1000 and received a shipping code.  Delete.
2018-2-10
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

I got the same email, DJI doesnt like people without a youtube channel etc...
2018-2-10
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got the same email, they really don't give ppl who don't have YouTube Channel. But at the same time I got selected to beta test Huawei mate 10 pro yesterday night......hahaha. Just image it will be nice to test with the Mavic Air. So I have the following Android Phones to fly:
Essential Phone PH-1
Huawei Mate 10 Pro
Huawei Mate 9
Honor 8
Nexus 6
Nexus 5X
Now I have to wait till Thanksgiving Sales to buy Mavic Air. My Sparky still doing great.
2018-2-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, same email here.
We can't all test one I guess
2018-2-10
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-10 09:47
Yes, same email here.
We can't all test one I guess

Yep, I believe MA does not support multiple RCs bound to it.
2018-2-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-10 09:47
Yep, I believe MA does not support multiple RCs bound to it.

Hahahahahaha. LOL!
2018-2-10
Use props
headshot9
lvl.3
United States

It wasn’t a long shot, it was a lost cause ;)
I knew I have no chance when I saw the questions, still submitted and got the reject note. Shocked!
2018-2-10
Use props
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1211427 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like I've got company lol. Love to know what truly makes one eligible.
2018-2-10
Use props
WaveatDave
lvl.4
Flight distance : 157618 ft
United States

BillTheDroneReviewer Posted at 2018-2-10 12:30
Looks like I've got company lol. Love to know what truly makes one eligible.

1 Million YouTube subscribers and a travel budget that would make the average person jealous are probably good starting points. I was actually hope for the same thing that the initial poster was, newer pilots just getting into world of drone flight who can speak to the challenges and concerns of other customers who are looking at making the leap into drone flying,  and who knows maybe they did select a few pilots like us, I can only hope so.
2018-2-10
Use props
Prsmeds
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3711 ft
United States

its fine, I was ineligible, even though I have youtube content with it and a lot more. Hopefully we'll have better luck next time
2018-2-11
Use props
Raimenzio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237057 ft
Lithuania

Didn't had big hopes on this one, but not even got automated e-mail!
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules