Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The Build
861 8 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The Build
What impressed me and surprised me most about MavAir was how it was engineered, almost everything about it is so well put together so well thought out , the last place you would have expected this to be built is China . But Chinese design and engineering must take a bow here.
Dji have never built a quad this well, from the much improved gimbal clamp to the perfectly engineered antennas, there is something so perfect about it you almost want to fold it up and handle all the time.
It’s incredibly stylish looking at promotional photographs does in no way do it any favours, yes the photos kind of make it look like a spark, but when you get it in your hands it doesn’t look anything like a spark, but it fits perfectly in to the Mavic Family.
With the Mavic we have one of dji’s most impressive drones with great capabilities but sometimes when it’s spread out and ready to fly, I often think that it was beaten pretty badly with the ugly stick. It reminds me of one of those spider crabs with the lanky legs, only because of its performance I would feel really sorry for it.
But the MavAir is extremely pretty so much sleeker beautiful soft curves in all the right places a raised bonnet (US Hood) running slightly above the frame to allow for air distribution finishing the back end with what looks like a perfectly fit spoiler you would see on any top sports car.
Everything on the MavAir folds perfectly into place the slick movement of the arms is so precise, no clicking no stuttering just a smooth transmission to turn it into a beautiful flying machine.
A big thank you to all involved in both design and engineering of this wonderful craft, if this is the type of drone dji are going to build in the future then we have a lot to look forward to.
Is it better than the Mavic Pro, I cant say I have only flown it once in 45kph wind, is it prettier you damn well better believe it..

There is however just one thing the SD card slot is just a bit tight for stubby fingers , but I can get over this.

I will come back and let you know how it handles flys takes video/photos etc.
2018-2-9
Use props
AIister
Second Officer
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

i think there will be a lot of MA owners with one long fingernail
2018-2-9
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

AIister Posted at 2018-2-9 12:39
i think there will be a lot of MA owners with one long fingernail

People thinking progressively and out of the box truly amaze me. Thank you, Sir, for very good idea!!!
2018-2-9
Use props
achim1989
lvl.3
Germany

A well engineered product is really something to admire...
2018-2-9
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yeah, got to agree, everything apart from the SD card slot has impressed me on the MA.
2018-2-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think you have fallen in Love
2018-2-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Sincere thanks for putting it in so nice words! Exactly how I am experiencing it whenever I take it in my hands. It's a truly amazing look and feel plus the more than impressive capabilities. I agree with the SD slot but pushing the card in with a pen works quite well. And I do file transfer by cable anyway, thus once the card is in, it will always stay there.
2018-2-9
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

But the MavAir is extremely pretty so much sleeker beautiful soft curves in all the right places.....Im getting worried ....... you been drinking ??   
2018-2-9
Use props
LoSBoL
First Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-2-9 13:47
I think you have fallen in Love

Just in time for Valentine's day, I bet footage of kissing the Air in midflight would be an instant win

On a more serious note, I think the Mavic Air is an engineering marvel, and quite frankly, it makes the Mavic Pro look like a flying tank.
I bet the Mavic Pro 2 will get a facelift which will again stun.

2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules