OSMO Mobile 2 won't connect to DJI GO
9834 6 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jphelps2630-sp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109698 ft
United States

My new Osmo Mobile 2 just showed up today and I can't get it to connect to DJI Go 4 running on my Samsung S8. The batteries are fully charged. Bluetooth has paired successfully according to the phone settings. USB debugging has been enabled on the phone as someone suggested in another post on the forum.
Everything appears to be set up correctly but DJI Go 4 doesn't seem to recognize anything on Bluetooth. It's just looking for drones. I do have a Phantom 4 and have never had any trouble connecting it to the app.

Thought perhaps I needed to update the Osmo firmware but the DJI Assistant 2 app doesn't recognize it either.

Any suggestions about next steps…?

2018-2-9
Use props
dewarner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87536 ft
United States

I am having the exact same problem.  I logged out of DJI Go 4 and back in, but like you all I can chose to connect to are drones.
2018-2-9
Use props
jphelps2630-sp
lvl.1
United States

Made some headway here. It turns out that there are two versions of DJI Go. The one with the "4" suffix – DJI Go 4 – only works with drones. The one named DJI Go without the "4" works with the Osmo Mobile 2. Or sort of works. At least it connects.  Now I've got to figure out how to get the gimbel to actually work. Stay tuned.
2018-2-9
Use props
jphelps2630-sp
lvl.1
United States

jphelps2630-sp Posted at 2018-2-9 14:32
Made some headway here. It turns out that there are two versions of DJI Go. The one with the "4" suffix – DJI Go 4 – only works with drones. The one named DJI Go without the "4" works with the Osmo Mobile 2. Or sort of works. At least it connects.  Now I've got to figure out how to get the gimbel to actually work. Stay tuned.

Yup. Works fine!!!
2018-2-9
Use props
dewarner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87536 ft
United States

jphelps2630-sp Posted at 2018-2-9 14:32
Made some headway here. It turns out that there are two versions of DJI Go. The one with the "4" suffix – DJI Go 4 – only works with drones. The one named DJI Go without the "4" works with the Osmo Mobile 2. Or sort of works. At least it connects.  Now I've got to figure out how to get the gimbel to actually work. Stay tuned.

I checked with DJI Technical Assistance and found out the same thing you did.  I knew about DJI Go, but forgot it is the only one that can control the Osmo series.  Now mine is working fine also.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Glad you solve it. Here is the tutorial for the new users:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0sMNc2SGnM-wD3ZGYj3MAQ/featured?disable_polymer=1
2018-2-10
Use props
Risharde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2881 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Hi guys, check out this Youtube video I made with instructions on how to successfully pair, make sure you follow it EXACTLY... I was having issues pairing with Android and figured it out after 2 days of trial and error!

Hope this helps someone out there!
2018-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules