Did i receive a defective osmo mobile 2?
3971 14 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kuqimunster
New

United Kingdom

Hi,
I never bought a DJI product before so was excited to receive the osmo mobile 2 today.

I charged up the mobile 2 no problem and after 3 hours, it finally charged. I followed the instruction including the YT setup video on how to balance the gimbal etc.

Now when turn on the osmo M2, it doesn't do anything. So i download the app, turn on bluetooth and tried to connect the M2 to my phone. However, there is no connection button, just a camera button on the app. Everytime i click on it, it says that i need to turn on my phone's bluetooth.

Question is what am i doing wrong? i look at YT videos and the osmo M2 should power up when i switch it on. My one doesn't, it lights up but it is limped. So is my M2 defective from the start?

2018-2-9
Use props
darrins
lvl.4
United States

I’m not sure exactly what’s going on, but I would do the following. Turn off the OM2 and force quit the Dji Go app on your phone. Then to be safe, power off your phone and then power on. Place your phone in the OM2 and make sure it is balanced. You do this with the power off on the OM2. Once you have it balanced, hold in the power button on the OM2 for a couple of seconds. Once you see its on, turn on your phone and start up the DJI Go app. On the main screen, make sure it says Osmo Mobile 2 in the center. If it doesn’t, click the drop down arrow and select Osmo Mobile 2. This app is used for a lot of different devices. Then you click on the blue bar to connect your phone to the OM2. This should work.
2018-2-9
Use props
darrins
lvl.4
United States

I also see that apparently there are two DJI Go apps. Make sure you have the correct one. DJI Go and not DJI Go 4.
2018-2-9
Use props
marcel_911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18901 ft
United Kingdom

The osmo will just flop around until it is registered through the DJI Go app.

I never had any trouble with mine. As soon as I ran the app and chose Osmo Mobile 2, it came up with the number of the osmo for me to tap on to start the pairing sequence. I had already used the app with the original Osmo Mobile so my details were already in there. As soon as it had connected to the server, it sprang into life.
2018-2-9
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

My batter doesn't charge past 57% ..is that normal? ITs been plugged for 5 hours and both times i played with it was at 57% 2 bars!!
2018-2-9
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
China

slimharry Posted at 2018-2-9 18:21
My batter doesn't charge past 57% ..is that normal? ITs been plugged for 5 hours and both times i played with it was at 57% 2 bars!!

make sure you have USB power adaptor supply 5V and 2A not anything less.  If you sure that then I am sorry to let you know, you might received a defected OSMO.
2018-2-9
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

I’m using the iPhone white adapter..also it’s charging now past 2 dots. Weird I’ll leave it overnight
2018-2-9
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

slimharry Posted at 2018-2-9 19:32
I’m using the iPhone white adapter..also it’s charging now past 2 dots. Weird I’ll leave it overnight

The iPhone adapter is rated for about 1 amp so you will be quite awhile charging the OM2 with that.  You would do much better with an iPad charging adapter.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

slimharry Posted at 2018-2-9 18:21

Please try to change a charger and charge again. If you use USB cable to charge your osmo mobile 2, please ensure that the voltage is 5V and the current is no less than 2A. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I would recommend users follow the video and see if you have the right process to power on your OSMO mobile and connect your phone. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-10
Use props
fansf7bd5d38
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2156 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same exact problem which i described rather graphically on Twitter. DJI has removed many of my replies to others with the same or similar problems - COVER UP! Don't buy this product.  So I'm capturing my posts before submitting and afterwards too.
2018-2-10
Use props
fans21b7950c
lvl.1
United States

Did you ever get it working?
2018-2-10
Use props
fansf7bd5d38
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2156 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans21b7950c Posted at 2018-2-10 11:42
Did you ever get it working?

Nope. I returned it to the Apple Store this afternoon. I've already gotten my refund on my credit card.
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi kuqimunster, please start the video from 1:48 in 10#, it will guide you to connect Bluetooth and activate the device, please keep us updated if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-2-11
Use props
Risharde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2881 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Hi, I came across the original posters issue, please check out this video I made, which goes through the process, also read the comments. If you're using Android, this video pretty much covers everything you need to know to get up and running + the comments. Also, the first time you get the M2, you need to activate is using the app - this can be done after the video instructions. Good luck! Let me know if you get through!

2018-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules