Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Resolved] First error - Main Controller Data Error
43999 61 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
javibag
lvl.1
Argentina

Hello, I ve the same problem but im in argentina and buy the drone in USA. I use it 2 times. Someone found a solution? THNKS!
2018-5-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

javibag Posted at 2018-5-13 07:08
Hello, I ve the same problem but im in argentina and buy the drone in USA. I use it 2 times. Someone found a solution? THNKS!

The resolution to the specific issue raised (Main Controller Data Error, with a barometer warning) was in post #3 - refresh of craft and controller, setting factory defaults, then a successful IMU calibration.

If that doesn't work for you, then I suggest it's a different issue.
2018-5-13
Use props
Dangerousdavekincaid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also had the same problem with "Main Controller Data Error" and then Barometer Error.   BUT this was from my Mavic Air and also my Mavic PRO.   We are here in Havasu AZ temps were in the high 116 DF.    Also had a phone over heating error.   So was wondering it this is a temperature issue.   I decided not to fly my Mavic Air today and fly my Pro but 50% into flight received the Main Controller Data Error.   Also a lot of pixelation on the video back to the phone.
2018-7-7
Use props
Dangerousdavekincaid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Today I reset Mavic Air back to factory defaults and then refreshed to latest firmware.  Then I calibrated IMU.  Shut down everything and restarted.   Went out side, temp in the high 115F.   Flew for about 10 min then the Main Controller data error appeared, lights turn RED.   So left everything on, brought it into house and put the drone into refrige.   Watched the DJI app and saw that calibration was need, probably because it was in a metal box.    Then the Main Controller data error went away after about 3 or 4 min's, took the drone out of the refrig and just now had calibration error.   Went back out side and calibrated the MA and all lights were Green and good to go.   Took off a flew for a couple minuets and landed.    So looks like in my case its all heat related.   Because I had the same issue with my Mavic Pro yesterday.
2018-7-8
Use props
HGSSMOKESHOP
lvl.1
United States

I have the same problem. Bumped another users thread, and then posted my own with no reply to either
2018-9-5
Use props
Patrick Agozie Anozie
New

Nigeria

Please my Dji inspire1 is showing me main controller data error and I have updated the firmware but it still showing me main controller data error. Please how can I fix the problem?
2018-11-1
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Patrick Agozie Anozie Posted at 11-1 05:53
Please my Dji inspire1 is showing me main controller data error and I have updated the firmware but it still showing me main controller data error. Please how can I fix the problem?

Try setting to factory defaults and re-calibrating the IMU.
2018-11-1
Use props
djiuser_wssSE5abfSTi
New

Israel

Hey guys
Whats the problem with that pls ?
Can someone help me with that?
2019-2-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_wssSE5abfSTi Posted at 2-7 14:02
Hey guys
Whats the problem with that pls ?
Can someone help me with that?

Post #42. Other than that I have no idea what's affecting yours.
2019-2-7
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Everytime this windows intrigue unfolds furthered detriment  to the innocent hookups result?
One soft ahead of the former precedent, per separate device. How many? Battery, rc,craft,  cellphone

Stability:  it means dont screwup whats good working confidence already.
Nobody twists ones arm forcing bummer?
2019-2-7
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

Its telling pressure (relative elevation sealevel) not operate
2019-2-7
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

Pressure is utilized on caging amongst navigate 3D orientation record trace (as opposed to planar displayed)
2019-2-7
Use props
MAIRDA
lvl.2
United States

alfacuore Posted at 2018-4-30 09:26
Hello,
Of the 3 that we had the same problem, someone could solve something?
I'm waiting for the seller to tell me something, since I do not think it's fair that I have to pay € 300 for a new product that has been defective from the factory and that DJI does not take over.

That's interesting. A brand new DJI (does it matter where it was bought?) does not work and DJI wants to charge the owner to fix it.  

Anyway, my Mavic Air has the same problem, "main controller data error" and I was on a chat session with DJI support and they only offer instructions like other users are providing here.  When all fails, they say send it for repairs.  I'm sure it is a DJI manufacturing issue, because my drone has NEVER crashed.  Well, prior to this my Mavic Air was NEVER able to calibrate compass (hence fly) when outside the United States.  So it was already defective, and I was not the only with that problem.  Seems like Mavic Air is a drone to stay away from. It is a nasty bugged little...
2019-7-9
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3
United States

Hey DJI,
Fix this crap. RC Firmware version: V01.00.002
Stock RC for Mavic Air. I am in the $1K bc of this, and grounded. I thought safety was a big concern.

Someone asked me why the Chinese hardly go to war. Because they are incapable of manufacturing reliable ....
15BB5964-351F-4174-8376-21A26658210A.png
2019-7-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

LordoftheFlies Posted at 7-9 13:07
Hey DJI,
Fix this crap. RC Firmware version: V01.00.002
Stock RC for Mavic Air. I am in the $1K bc of this, and grounded. I thought safety was a big concern.

So what's the issue here? The screen shot is the standard remote calibration screen, and one axis on 15%. Are you saying that you can't get it to 0%?

And frankly, I propose that your defamation is unnecessary and encourages no helpful response from DJI moderators.
2019-7-11
Use props
djiuser_Mgdt7CqTUmLs
New
Flight distance : 1919 ft
United States

Help me error un barometer
2019-7-27
Use props
MAIRDA
lvl.2
United States

My Mavic Air had the same problem.  I just flew it for the first time after fixing the problem. What it was? Something with the IMU.  Bought a new one for $18 dollars, in one hour I disassembled, chanhged the IMU,  and re-assembled the beast. Problem solved. For now at least.
2019-8-18
Use props
fansc4024d3f
New

Here we are over a year later and DJI still has their head in the sand and not acknowledging people have this issue.  I don't expect anyone will respond to my post just as they haven't to anyone else's in here in over a year (baiting them with a challenge).

I went back and forth with them and they didn't have any idea how to resolve the issue, so they told me to send the product to them.  

DJI and they claim it was "damage that is not caused by a product malfunction" and they want $369.00.

Damage, really?  Interesting how they get to be judge and jury here.  I challenge DJI to show me a picture of this damage they found.  Way to write off this product malfunction (people here are getting this issue out of the box... in the box damage, really?  And you want 1/2 the retail price of the drone to fix this?).  So people get another couple of flights for $369 out of the next one?  How does that make economic sense?

A normal tech company will identify issue categories, put it in a database, and tech assistance will then read it like a script when they interact with you.  Not this issue, which is at least a year and a half old.  Holy smokes DJI.  The only reason you can get away with this is you're a borderline monopoly and don't have to actually care about the customer experience.  Don't worry, you won't keep customers if you continue this path you won't be in business for long.

I'm not willing to pay for this level of unreliability again or headache sending it in and not being able to use it for a couple weeks.  You got a grand out of me but no more.  I won't be the fool here and go for a second round.
2019-10-14
Use props
djiuser_yqI0BkMp7VeO
New
India

Hello All,
I faced the "Barometer" error today and thus I landed on this page which I found very informative.

In my case I only got the "Barometer" related error (no IMU or Gimbal related errors were flashed)

To be honest , after I saw the error I realised that the aircraft had become pretty hot and the battery too, as usual had decked up a lot on heat.
(It's peak summers in India right now and the temperature today would have been anywhere between 36 to 40 degree celcius when I was flying )

As one of the earlier posts in the thread notes - this error might appear if the aircraft heats up a lot. So I waited for 5-6 hours for the aircraft to cool and also removed the battery before I thought about implementing all other steps mentioned in the previous posts.

Now when I powered it on after the wait, I don't see the error anymore.

I guess I will have to refrain from flying it when it's hot outside.
2020-5-23
Use props
itsalltrumpedup
lvl.1

Germany

Has there been any discussion of this as a systemic failure related to hardware design? I'm reading more than enough identical stories to know this is not bad luck or random events. Has anyone fixed it by just re-seating the Inertial Measurement Unit cable? Is there a correlation between upgrading firmware and this failure?
2020-7-26
Use props
djiuser_rErILQa6AmPc
New

Germany

Hi i am having the same problem with my Mavic air but i cant refresh the firmware with the latest version of DJI assistant 2 on windows 8. The latest version of the Dji assistant 2 software doesnt support  mavic air. Could someone please suggest me a way to refresh the firmware ?I did try calibrating the IMU but it didnt solve.
I power on the drone everything looks normal and after 2 - 3min the error appears.
Its really frustrating to the DJI assistant software doesnt support mavic air anymore...
2020-8-10
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

I routinely get “Main Controller Data Error” messages if I try to fly my MA in the PHX AZ area whenever the ambient temperature is above roughly 95F. My understanding is that this is due to baro sensor errors with high temps. So I basically can’t fly between roughly mid-May to mid-Sept. Oh well, coming back into flying season now!
2020-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules