Can't Activate On Android
1912 10 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_MMMf16t9QTVc
lvl.1

Hungary

I've just got my Osmo Mobile 2. I did everything as the quick start guide says but in the Android app there is no Activation option. I can connect to the osmo and I can use it to take photos or videos, but I can not activate it. Is there a way to activate it with my PC?

And I alos got stuck at the tutotial: It says "point the gimbal where you want it by gently moving it with your hand". No matter what I do I can not get through this step...

Reinstalling the app did not solved either promlem...
2018-2-10
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

The device will be activated automatically after installing app, registering and connecting with Osmo... if the Osmo works with the app, and you are sure that you are "logged-in" on the app everything is ok. Normaly a picture of the Osmo shows up under your name, if this doesn't happen, don't worry and contact one of the DJI admins. They can help getting that picture under your name...

At that point of the tutorial you have to manually move the camera (by hand)... Do you use android or iOS device?
2018-2-10
Use props
Bingoo
lvl.1

Hungary

Mari Posted at 2018-2-10 06:19
The device will be activated automatically after installing app, registering and connecting with Osmo... if the Osmo works with the app, and you are sure that you are "logged-in" on the app everything is ok. Normaly a picture of the Osmo shows up under your name, if this doesn't happen, don't worry and contact one of the DJI admins. They can help getting that picture under your name...

At that point of the tutorial you have to manually move the camera (by hand)... Do you use android or iOS device?

So the activation only means an image about the osmo under my avatar? If that is the case, I do not care about it..
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Bingoo, the brand-new Osmo Mobile will request to activate firstly, please refer to the tutorial video below, beginning at 1:48:

If there is still no activation message pops up in your Android phone, please try an iOS mobile phone to see if it works, thank you.Besides, may I have the serial number of your Osmo Mobile and the model of your mobile phone?
2018-2-10
Use props
Bingoo
lvl.1

Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-10 23:57
Hi Bingoo, the brand-new Osmo Mobile will request to activate firstly, please refer to the tutorial video below, beginning at 1:48:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fWe1o2RjZY
If there is still no activation message pops up in your Android phone, please try an iOS mobile phone to see if it works, thank you.Besides, may I have the serial number of your Osmo Mobile and the model of your mobile phone?

Hi, I've spoken to the DJI support on Facebook Messenger. They cehceked my S/N and said that this is a brand new unactivated device.

I've seen the video many times and I tried it on many devices iOS(iPhone6)  and Android (Galaxy S8, Galaxy S6) too. But there was no activation. The Osmo Mobile 2 works perfectly fine. I recorded many test videos and pictures. All functions are wokrking correctly.

I read that when the Osmo Mobile 1 came out, some devices that are meant to be sent to the testers and the press went on sale accidentaly and the buyers couldn't activate them. I think that something similar is the case right now.

I will PM you my serial number.
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Bingoo Posted at 2018-2-11 01:19
Hi, I've spoken to the DJI support on Facebook Messenger. They cehceked my S/N and said that this is a brand new unactivated device.

I've seen the video many times and I tried it on many devices iOS(iPhone6)  and Android (Galaxy S8, Galaxy S6) too. But there was no activation. The Osmo Mobile 2 works perfectly fine. I recorded many test videos and pictures. All functions are wokrking correctly.

Hi Bingoo, thanks for getting back to me, could you please also PM me your DJI account? I will escalate to our engineers for analysis, thank you.
2018-2-12
Use props
HyperionXIC
New
Flight distance : 10098 ft
United States

I'm also having the same problem. However I can't even get the motor to to start up. The battery light indicator goes sold green then I open the app and nothing happens. I'm using a Google pixel XL.
2018-2-13
Use props
OddsAreJack
lvl.1

United States

HyperionXIC Posted at 2018-2-13 14:21
I'm also having the same problem. However I can't even get the motor to to start up. The battery light indicator goes sold green then I open the app and nothing happens. I'm using a Google pixel XL.

SAME- Appears to be unable to connect to bluetooth.
2018-2-14
Use props
Bingoo
lvl.1

Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-12 23:06
Hi Bingoo, thanks for getting back to me, could you please also PM me your DJI account? I will escalate to our engineers for analysis, thank you.

I've sent you my account name in PM.
2018-2-15
Use props
fansf3d61549
lvl.1
Indonesia

hi, anyone having trouble to connect OM 2 to android device (lg g6 in my case) ? it says osmo mobile not found. check that it is turned on and has not been connected to another device.
tried using it with my iphone x, it worked like a champ. already disconnected it from ip X, but still cant conncet to my G6. Frustrating !
2018-2-16
Use props
Bingoo
lvl.1

Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-12 23:06

Still waiting for your answer.. It would be nice to get a solution after a week of waiting...
2018-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules