Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air remote not working with DJI assistant 2
12Next >
11831 53 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi All,

I would like to ask were you able to connect Mavic Air Remote controller to your PC and DJI Assistant 2 succesfully? On my side DJI assistant 2 is not able to recognize remote and in device manager in windows I see two devices showing with exclamation mark and disapearing every few seconds over and over. I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64.

Thanks
2018-2-10
Use props
rantanlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

Same here, tried Win7, 8.1, and 10... behavior is similar. The device gets detected over and over every few seconds. I tried to install the provided drivers manually. Doesn't work either...
One thing I noticed, the device driver for the Virtual COM port doesn't seem to be digitaly signed, so another way would be to disable windows driver signatures, but this can't be the case or is DJI to cheap to sign the drivers? Also it would be a problem for everybody!
2018-2-10
Use props
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

I would be not surprised if they are not signed as driver for vision system calibration is also not signed and only way how to calibrate in DJI Assistan2 is to disable driver signing check. But in this case this is even something with FW of controller as if it would be only driver signature issue device will be not showing and disappearing in device manager.
2018-2-10
Use props
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

@DJI Team,

Could you please identify and fix this issue? It seems it is not isolated issue, there is some issue with detection of Mavic Air RC via usb on Windows machine. If any info is needed to be gathered I'm more than willing to help.

Thanks.
2018-2-10
Use props
OrlandoP
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

I tried everything under Windows, even booting up with the driver signing disabled, and there was no way to connect the remote, but the Mavic Air connected without problems. After reading some posts about people being able to upgrade the remote, I saw that the common factor was that they were using a Mac. So I tried with a Mac and it connected without problems. So, if you have access to a Mac, I would recommend to try it.
2018-2-10
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

United States

I usually sign USB drivers myself as DJI didn't bother to sign them for us. So far, so good.
2018-2-10
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have exactly the same issue. Remote doesn't connect. Tried with the included cable and other cables I have unsuccessfully. I also noticed that the cable that was included causes an over current to the usb port for whatever reason.
2018-2-10
Use props
fans5d468a05
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152710 ft
United States

I have the same problem. It just keeps detecting then releasing and nothing happens in DJI 2. In fact, I don't ever remember being able to get Assistant to do anything lol.
2018-2-10
Use props
wworrall
lvl.2

Australia

I had the same problem, DJI support never directly addressed the issue with my support ticket/case number ( I posted this issue here previously); I bought at dji store, and I did not want to wait past the 14 day window to get it returned.  Since they didn't get the issue resolved, they approved return for refund;  am expecting the refund in a few days.    I don't know what the cause of the problem is, and apparently neither does DJI.
2018-2-10
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

Exactly the same issue here. Wanted to update the RC firmware. USB connection not established with win10 computer.
I haven't tried after the firmware update through the Go4 app though.
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If the exclamation mark of the driver disappears over and over, I think it should be the driver issue. Have you tried to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.2? Please try. Please let me know if it doesn't help, a screenshot of the case, the system of your PC might be helpful. Thank you.
2018-2-11
Use props
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi Thor,

Thanks for reply, exclamation mark is there every time and I'm pretty sure this is not driver issue. If this would be driver issue then device will be in device manager all the time with exclamation mark and not appearing and disappearing. It behaves like when you plug it in computer then unplug then plug then unplug and over and over in few seconds intervals. so this is for sure something on lower level than driver.

David
2018-2-11
Use props
tripple
lvl.1
Flight distance : 318038 ft
Switzerland

Problem still persists. W10 x64.
2018-2-13
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-11 02:44
If the exclamation mark of the driver disappears over and over, I think it should be the driver issue. Have you tried to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.2? Please try. Please let me know if it doesn't help, a screenshot of the case, the system of your PC might be helpful. Thank you.

Did a re-install as suggested. Same issue.
2018-2-13
Use props
Franco64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542103 ft
Italy

Same issue. Reintall didn't help.
2018-2-13
Use props
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

Yes reinstall couldn't help at all, this could solve driver issue but not actually device disappearing, this is definitely Firmware or even HW bug.
2018-2-14
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Same here, worked on the the MA but not the controller the annoying connect... disconnect... bong from the computer..
2018-2-14
Use props
wworrall
lvl.2

United States

I returned my first one to dji store because they could not fix this issue.  If anyone from DJI is reading this my ticket request # was 972469.  

there are at least 3 other posts on this same topic, would be nice if it could be consolidated together.  

I got my second MA from B&H, and it has the same exact problem.  I am opening another ticket on this today.

EVERYONE with this issue should open a ticket with dji support to get their attention, and anyone who hasn't actually tried to connect controller to dji assistant on a windows computer should try it.  I suspect most people havent tried it because they dont' need to to connect to computer.  Please try it and open a dji support ticket if it doesn't work.  I am sure DJI can resolve this issue if they try.
2018-2-14
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Silly question how do you open a ticket?
Is it that page where you send them an email and Mavic Air is not listed!
Or have I gone to the wrong place?
2018-2-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Tomcatuk Posted at 2018-2-14 12:48
Silly question how do you open a ticket?
Is it that page where you send them an email and Mavic Air is not listed!
Or have I gone to the wrong place?

If you are referring to opening a ticket for a repair, you would do so here: https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=nav

If you have any further questions or if there is something else I can help you with, you can send a  personal message.
2018-2-14
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-14 12:55
If you are referring to opening a ticket for a repair, you would do so here: https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=nav

If you have any further questions or if there is something else I can help you with, you can send a  personal message.

Pm sent  as suggested
2018-2-14
Use props
NebbyChico
lvl.2

United States

wwroall,It's your pc or cable, not the drone. Mine on Win10 64 works perfectly. You need to check your USB drivers. And try another cable plugged into the bottom port of the controller without another cable in the side port at the same time. A cable plugged in at the controller end only will mess it up, believe it or not.
2018-2-14
Use props
wworrall
lvl.2

United States

yes, you open ticket via their email link, and yes, no mavic air option to pick.

I did try 3 different windows PCs, win10, 8.2 and 7pro, tried 3 different cables, tried usb on bottom of controller.  installed with AV /firewall off, administrator mode, all the drivers installed ok.  But the controller keeps connecting and then disconnecting from the PC and device manager shows the two drivers with exclamation marks, and each time the controller disconnects the properties of the drivers report and error communicating code that can indicated code coming from controller is not understood.  There are some usb cables that won't allow any connection between controller and dji assistant 2, I have found that, and in that case no usb connection at all is made.   
But I will continue to do some more testing as you suggest, and I do know that many people have no problems with controller and dji assistant 2.   
2018-2-14
Use props
wworrall
lvl.2

United States

oops, no I had not tested the usb on bottom of controller, for that I would need a usb c male to male cable.  I did find one such cable, it came with my portable usb powered external monitor I sometimes use..   It makes no connection at all to the computer, no usb connection at all.  this is a usb3 cable male to male.  DJI does not show that you do it that way on their tutorial video anyway
https://forum.dji.com/thread-134268-1-1.html
2018-2-14
Use props
wworrall
lvl.2

United States

tried to manual install device driver, got hash missing error like other folks
tried to run driver setup batch file in dji folder, made no difference, tried 32bit and 64bit.
tried disabling all power saving on all usb controllers, on usb input device, and in power plan, made no difference
2018-2-14
Use props
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

I do not agree it is cable issue and even if it is it should work at least with DJI supplied cabled. This cannot be like that user will need fiddle between thousands of different cables to get it working. I will open ticket to DJI on this.
2018-2-14
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

When hooking remote up to pc did u (while remote off) plug remote in.. then turn it on?
2018-2-15
Use props
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-2-15 00:16
When hooking remote up to pc did u (while remote off) plug remote in.. then turn it on?

Tried also that exactly the same result, doesn't matter if I will plug cable to powered off remote and then power on, or firstly power on and then plug cable in.
2018-2-15
Use props
wworrall
lvl.2

United States

RC connection to dji assistant 2 resolved in my case:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=134139
2018-2-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-14 12:55

Hi DJI-Mark. If the Mavic Air was only delivered from the DJI Store within the last 14 days (i.e. to be declaired as DOA, rather than a repair), do you still raise this as a repair case? Or is there another, more appropriate way?
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Everyone. Thank you for your feedback. We have taken note of the issue for the Mavic Air remote and DJI Assistant 2, and have forwarded it to our Field Application Engineers. We will update you soon once we have feedback.
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. PM sent.
2018-2-15
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This worked for me. Mavic Air RC now connects to A2. Install A2 v1.07 as admin. then install A2 latest as admin. Excellent find.
2018-2-15
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-2-15 17:44
Hi Everyone. Thank you for your feedback. We have taken note of the issue for the Mavic Air remote and DJI Assistant 2, and have forwarded it to our Field Application Engineers. We will update you soon once we have feedback.

Hi Paladin, you have a PM with my feedback and I believe you can go ahead. To make it 100% bulletproof and user friendly you might just fix the "unknown publisher" issue.
2018-2-15
Use props
rantanlan
lvl.4
Germany

Also answered the PM, for me it didn't worked. What actually worked was something I stumbled over in another threat (only for the tech savy)

Okay I dug a little deeper, it seems that DJI is struggeling get the device IDs right for the build in usb to serial adapter. The driver itself don't install any files. It looks more like a wrapper for some default windows function in usbser.sys I compared the inf and cat files over some DJI Assistant versions, they are all identical except for the listed HW IDs of the usb device so I'll assume it should be safe to use the inf file from an old version. You'll find it here: https://pastebin.com/8kqHMiYZ so just download this and replace the inf file there with the pastebin one "c:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\working_driver\VCOM\dji_vcom_driver11.inf"  Then just run the DriverSetup32/64.bat in the dir above... so no need to download and or reinstall different old versions.

2018-2-16
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

rantanlan Posted at 2018-2-16 00:01
Also answered the PM, for me it didn't worked. What actually worked was something I stumbled over in another threat (only for the tech savy)

Okay I dug a little deeper, it seems that DJI is struggeling get the device IDs right for the build in usb to serial adapter. The driver itself don't install any files. It looks more like a wrapper for some default windows function in usbser.sys I compared the inf and cat files over some DJI Assistant versions, they are all identical except for the listed HW IDs of the usb device so I'll assume it should be safe to use the inf file from an old version. You'll find it here: https://pastebin.com/8kqHMiYZ so just download this and replace the inf file there with the pastebin one "c:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\working_driver\VCOM\dji_vcom_driver11.inf"  Then just run the DriverSetup32/64.bat in the dir above... so no need to download and or reinstall different old versions.

Great finding, thank you for sharing! Nevertheless for many users it would be good to get the other solution working properly. I had to override Windows Defender, then it has worked well.
2018-2-16
Use props
rantanlan
lvl.4
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-16 02:58
Great finding, thank you for sharing! Nevertheless for many users it would be good to get the other solution working properly. I had to override Windows Defender, then it has worked well.

Of course this is nothing for the default user and a clean solution is prefered... but if you are more like nerd, and the chances are high I guess if you interested in drones, it might help you in the meantime.
2018-2-16
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

rantanlan Posted at 2018-2-16 03:32
Of course this is nothing for the default user and a clean solution is prefered... but if you are more like nerd, and the chances are high I guess if you interested in drones, it might help you in the meantime.

Yes definitely!
2018-2-16
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

I've got message from DJI Paladin with a link to a new driver aswell, which solved the problem for me to. (I just had to turn of Windows Smartscreen for a moment before it would install)
I think we might be seeing DJI Assistant 1.2.3 soon resolving this issue for everyone.
2018-2-16
Use props
rantanlan
lvl.4
Germany

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-2-16 04:34
I've got message from DJI Paladin with a link to a new driver aswell, which solved the problem for me to. (I just had to turn of Windows Smartscreen for a moment before it would install)
I think we might be seeing DJI Assistant 1.2.3 soon resolving this issue for everyone.

Since you all had successstories, I tried once more on a fresh machine.. still the same with the new package, weird.
Edit: Okay, since this bugged me, I tried again with a freshly naked Windows 10, and there it worked without any hassle.
2018-2-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules