Landing when 120M high error
1090 6 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Connor-UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202549 ft
United Kingdom

I have had this issue with my Spark and now also with my Air, when I have taken it 120M or so and flew around a bit, it has lost signal then says starting to land, which obviously worries the hell out of me at 120M should it turn off its motors and drop to the ground.

The first time it did this I put this down to possible mist higher up, but last time in no way was there mist or any rain, and very dry and clear.

Anyone have any ideas what i'm doing wrong here or is it the location possibly? both times were the same location.
2018-2-10
Use props
warrenski
lvl.4
South Africa

The strange thing is that my Spark did this today too. I wasn't 120m up, but maybe 30m when suddenly the app told me "landing" and I started to hear the landing tones being emitted. Freaked me out too.
2018-2-10
Use props
Connor-UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

warrenski Posted at 2018-2-10 05:32
The strange thing is that my Spark did this today too. I wasn't 120m up, but maybe 30m when suddenly the app told me "landing" and I started to hear the landing tones being emitted. Freaked me out too.

Interesting... I also found I could literally not control to stop it landing, as it kinda crashed (iphone) but somehow managed to stop it and then took back over.

It is worrying though, and the fact it happened on the Air too.
2018-2-10
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Is this a bug resulting from the current firmware? If so what firmware are you on
2018-2-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Connor-UK Posted at 2018-2-10 05:40
Interesting... I also found I could literally not control to stop it landing, as it kinda crashed (iphone) but somehow managed to stop it and then took back over.

It is worrying though, and the fact it happened on the Air too.

If it happens again you can get around it by switching to sport mode and then back to normal mode.
2018-2-10
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Connor-UK Posted at 2018-2-10 05:40

It is worrying though, and the fact it happened on the Air too.

Did you try switching into sport mode? Usually when it's doing something weird on its own, switching into sport mode will allow you to regain control.
2018-2-10
Use props
Connor-UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-2-10 19:41
Did you try switching into sport mode? Usually when it's doing something weird on its own, switching into sport mode will allow you to regain control.

Sounds good, I will try this... it is a bug for sure but not tried in new firmware update as of last week
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules