Importing .MOV files in Adobe Premiere Pro-Windows
17819 10 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JobsiteAerial
lvl.1
United States

I just unboxed my first P4 Pro and shot a days worth of video.  But it will not import into Adobe Premiere Pro.  Any advice?
2018-2-10
Use props
German300
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207208 ft
United States

It doesn't work with .mov files.  I downloaded HandBrake (https://handbrake.fr/) it's open source and free. Converts to MP4.  After that Premier works like a champ.
2018-2-10
Use props
German300
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207208 ft
United States

Change Video settings on the drone to MP4 and this will no longer be an issue.
2018-2-10
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I got no problem with 4K 60fps, .MOV (H264), but If I shoot in 4K 60fps, .MOV (H265) then Premiere Pro CC wont work with my files.
2018-2-10
Use props
JobsiteAerial
lvl.1
United States

Thanks!  That was my 2nd question, can I change format. Also, does converting have any effects on the quality?
2018-2-10
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use .MOV formated 4k video files they import ok into  Premiere Pro CC on a PC ? You can set .MOV or .MP4 in the go app there is no difference in quality between them.
2018-2-10
Use props
randygd
lvl.2
United States

Install quicktime. Puts the codec on the machine.
2018-2-10
Use props
betterfuturewe
lvl.1

United States

Adobe Premiere cannot natively support MOV, to import mov to Adobe Premiere, it is better to convert MOV to Adobe Premiere more supported MPG, AVI, FLV etc with the help of iDealshare VideoGo.
2019-8-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

betterfuturewe Posted at 8-17 17:45
Adobe Premiere cannot natively support MOV, to import mov to Adobe Premiere, it is better to convert MOV to Adobe Premiere more supported MPG, AVI, FLV etc with the help of iDealshare VideoGo.

No, it not better to use the software you are flogging, go away. The simple answer is to change the file format in the aircraft settings to MP4.
2019-8-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

betterfuturewe Posted at 8-17 17:45

Funny ... Adobe thinks they do support mov files and most other video formats.
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/premi ... d-file-formats.html
2019-8-17
Use props
Kuddi Smith
New

Hong Kong

JobsiteAerial Posted at 2018-2-10 07:42
Thanks!  That was my 2nd question, can I change format. Also, does converting have any effects on the quality?

There are different reasons that may lead the Premiere Pro MOV file import failure.

Possible reason 1: your Adobe Premiere Pro/Elements version is too old to support the MOV files. For example, Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 supports some MOV files, but it doesn't provide native file support for MOV files recorded by JVC ProHD camcorders until the release of Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 software version 5.0.2. So, if you are using an old version, please to the newest version.

Possible reason 2: your MOV files are corrupted. You can check whether your MOV file can be recognized and played properly using other programs. If not, repair it using a professional video repair tool.

Possible reason 3. Wrong settings in Premiere Pro
If all files with .mov extension can't be imported into Premiere Pro, while all others in MP4, MKV, AVI, etc load correctly, there might be setting mistakes in your Premiere Pro. To fix the problem, try restart Premiere Pro, computer or renderer, or update Premiere Pro or Graphics Drive to have a try.

But broadly speaking, the major cause is that some required codec is missing so that the file format is not supported. Transcoding should be a very helpful method. If you have Adobe Media Encoder, you can use it to conduct video conversion. If you don't have that tool or can't manage to convert problematic MOV files to desired format with Media Encoder, you might as well try an easier-to-use yet powerful video converter and decoder -EaseFab Video Converter (I've had the pleasure of used this tool these past 2 years. ). It is able to work with various MOV files, no matter what codecs are wrapped in and no matter what devices record. It can help you convert mov to lossless MPEG-2 or ProRes for using in PP without quality loss.

For more info, you can refer to this article: https://www.easefab.com/topic-mov/import-mov-files-to-premiere-pro.html
2020-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules