Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't link remote after connecting Mavic Air via WiFi
123456Next >
39948 221 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OrlandoP
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

I bought the Mavic Air Fly More Combo 3 days ago, and everything worked great on my first indoor test, couldn't test outside due to bad weather. Wanted to test the WiFi connection with my iPhone and after connecting and testing, when I tried to link again with my remote, it is unable to link, the process times out.
Here is what I have tried so far:
-Tried the linking process via the Camera view method, with the wired method and pressing the 3 buttons on the remote (Pause+Fn+Custom button on the right hand side in the back). They all time out.
-Tried refreshing the firmware with DJI Assistant 2 for the Mavic and the remote.
-Tried downgrading, tried to link, and tried to upgrade again.
-Tried doing a factory reset to the Mavic, tried the remote also, but for some reason it is not completing it.
-Tried with an iPhone 8 Plus, an iPad and a Samsung S7, with the small side cable and connecting them to the USB in the bottom of the remote.

I don't know what else to try, and this seems to be a software problem easily fixable with an update. After searching the forums, I see I'm not the only one with this problem. After owning many Phantoms and an Inspire, this is very frustrating. The worst thing is that I bought it in the US on Thursday and I'm back to my country, without a way to go back to the store for a refund or exchange.

Has anyone been able to fix this?
2018-2-10
Use props
NebbyChico

United States

Your making it too hard. I just played with the wifi to my ipad. To go back you simply press the button on the butt of the drone for a few seconds. It takes 20 or 30 seconds to link back to the remote. If  I'm not giving you enough info look in the DJI manual online
2018-2-10
Use props
NebbyChico

United States

Your making it too hard. I just played with the wifi to my ipad. To go back you simply press the button on the butt of the drone for a few seconds. It takes 20 or 30 seconds to link back to the remote. If  I'm not giving you enough info look in the DJI manual online page 39
Mavic air manual
2018-2-10
Use props
OrlandoP
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

NebbyChico Posted at 2018-2-10 11:36
Your making it too hard. I just played with the wifi to my ipad. To go back you simply press the button on the butt of the drone for a few seconds. It takes 20 or 30 seconds to link back to the remote. If  I'm not giving you enough info look in the DJI manual online.

I have pressed the back button on the Mavic until I get one beep (about 3 seconds), and the timer times out after 60 seconds. It is the procedure as stated in the manual.
2018-2-10
Use props
NebbyChico

United States

the manual says you have to have them close together - within 1.6 ft.
Did you update the controller thru dji assist? It's a separate step after updating the drone.

I recently went thru hell with my P4 update to get the controller updated.
2018-2-10
Use props
OrlandoP
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

NebbyChico Posted at 2018-2-10 12:30
the manual says you have to have them close together - within 1.6 ft.
Did you update the controller thru dji assist? It's a separate step after updating the drone.

I have them close together. I have tried with less than an inch, and almost 1ft apart just to see if it does anything different.

I updated the remote controller with DJi Assistant 2, for some reason I couldn't get the PC to recognize it in Windows, but I was able to update it with a Mac. I tried resetting the remote to factory defaults with DJI assistant, but I give an error. Is there anyway to do a factory on the remote without connecting it to Dji Assitant, with a combination of buttons or something?
2018-2-10
Use props
Jeff7577
First Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Did you try resetting the drone by holding for 3 beeps? That worked on the spark, not sure about Mavic air
2018-2-10
Use props
OrlandoP
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-2-10 12:53
Did you try resetting the drone by holding for 3 beeps? That worked on the spark, not sure about Mavic air

Didn't know about that one, just tried it, got the 3 beeps, and after it turned on again, tried to link. Same outcome, it tries for 60 seconds, and fails.
2018-2-10
Use props
Jeff7577
First Officer
United States

I’m sure you’re probably doing it correctly and I wouldn’t be surprised that a dji product is malfunctioning....but you did it this way? https://youtu.be/JXnp3PQiJ6s
2018-2-10
Use props
OrlandoP
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-2-10 13:34
I’m sure you’re probably doing it correctly and I wouldn’t be surprised that a dji product is malfunctioning....but you did it this way? https://youtu.be/JXnp3PQiJ6s

Yes, that is the video I used at first. I found it in the app, under Video Academy. I even tried starting first the process in the RC and then in the Mavic, but everything is the same.

I got it to connect for a couple seconds by using a suggestion from someone on another forum. While trying to link, I turned off the remote and then turned it back on. As soon as the Mavic ended the pairing process, both lights turned green, but after 2 seconds, they went back to normal. After trying it for a second time, I was even able to arm de Mavic, but it unlinked 2 seconds later, and stopped after a couple seconds without a signal.

I'm starting to think that I might have some faulty hardware, even though I was able to do a flight indoors 2 days ago.
2018-2-10
Use props
Jeff7577
First Officer
United States

Could there be some wireless interference around that is interfering? Maybe try somewhere else. It is sounding like you may have some faulty hardware.
2018-2-10
Use props
OrlandoP
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-2-10 14:49
Could there be some wireless interference around that is interfering? Maybe try somewhere else. It is sounding like you may have some faulty hardware.

Didn't think of that, I will try in the underground parking of my building, not even cell phones get signal down there. Thanks for all the suggestions!
2018-2-10
Use props
fansf2ecd253
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146640 ft
Vietnam

Hey OrlandoP,     I'm currently travelling around Asia and after just one flight I have exactly the same issue.    Switched to WIFI mode to view some files and then when I went back to use controller it was no longer linked.   I have gone through every process and used DJI Assistant to re-install factory settings but to no avail.    How have you gone with this?  Have you made any progress?       Flying the Air with the iPhone is pretty useless, basically just a toy drone.
2018-2-10
Use props
MShane
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same issue.  When I go to the camera mode with WiFi off, it shows "disconnected."  I was able to get the remote to link once but all I was able to do is have it auto launch and auto land, controllers never came on line. I have not gotten to fly it yet, very bummed.  

2018-2-10
Use props
Outie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

OrlandoP Posted at 2018-2-10 11:38
I have pressed the back button on the Mavic until I get one beep (about 3 seconds), and the timer times out after 60 seconds. It is the procedure as stated in the manual.

You have to press and hold it for 4 seconds to get Double beep, not single. Then start the Go app with the device connected.
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please refer to the tutorial below and link the RC and AC again. If it doesn't help, would you mind providing me with the operating video, the firmware info of the drone and RC? You can check the version info via DJI Assistant 2. I would like to check. Thank you.
2018-2-11
Use props
MorningGlory
lvl.1
Vietnam

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-11 01:03
Hi there, please refer to the tutorial below and link the RC and AC again. If it doesn't help, would you mind providing me with the operating video, the firmware info of the drone and RC? You can check the version info via DJI Assistant 2. I would like to check. Thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnp3PQiJ6s&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOeP6CJM0vmkDB0onco2V2i&index=6

2018-2-11
Use props
MorningGlory
lvl.1
Vietnam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnp3PQiJ6s&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOeP6CJM0vmkDB0onco2V2i&index=6

What do you mean by Operating Video?  Here is the firmware info, note that the RC doe not restore to Factory settings...

2018-2-11
Use props
matzAB
lvl.1
Germany

Hi OrlandoP,

I think that I have exactly the same issue here. See: https://forum.dji.com/thread-134522-1-1.html

But I was not even able to connect to the WIFI of the drone at some point. I tried all possibilities but no chance to connect to the drone. On friday evening I was able to connect the remote to the drone for a few times, but everytime I tried to update to the latest firmaware, it failed with an error. No chance to update the drone firmware with DJI Assistant neither.  
Can't reset the RC to factory settings with the same error you got. But I could at least update it via DJI Assistant to ne newest firmware. But furthermore no chance to connect to the drone.

Now I am not even able to get a connection with the RC to the drone. I push the back button and wait for one beep. Then I want to link and the remote tries for 60 seconds and nothing happens. I tried it many man times now. Hope the DJI Support can help me with my uploaded logs...
2018-2-11
Use props
MShane
lvl.1
United States

Thank you DJI Thor, worked as advertised.  sounds like a swarm of bees!
2018-2-11
Use props
OrlandoP
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Hi DJI Thor,

Here is the video of all the ways I have tried to link the remote to the Mavic Air:
I accelerated the video in the 60 seconds of linking for each method, to make it shorter, if you want I can upload it without accelerating that part.

In the description you can see the 5 methods I used to try to connect, even trying with Andoird and iOS, one via the micro usb connection and the other one using the bottom USB port. I even tried it in the underground parking of my building to see if there was any interference.

I have tried refreshing, downgrading and updating in DJI Assistant and I always get the same result, failed conenction.

Attached is the screenshot showing the firmware of the Mavic and the remote in DJI assistant 2.

As you can see in this post and many other posts, this is something that is happening to many people with the Mavic Air. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Remote Firmware

Remote Firmware

Mavic Air Firmware

Mavic Air Firmware
2018-2-11
Use props
Peter N Carlson
New

United States

I’m having the exact same issue... please tell me there is a fix to this. I’m traveling in a third world country right now and need this to work today.
2018-2-13
Use props
OrlandoP
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Peter N Carlson Posted at 2018-2-13 05:22
I’m having the exact same issue... please tell me there is a fix to this. I’m traveling in a third world country right now and need this to work today.

Unfortunately I don't. I have tried contacting DJI support, and wrote in many forums and got nothing. Everyday a few posts pop up with the same problem and we get no response. Hope they can send an update that can fix this soon.
2018-2-13
Use props
Faisalx21
Flight distance : 526864 ft
Kuwait

Same issue with me, after try to connect my iPhone WiFi to drone I can’t switch back to remote, now I only be able to fly with my iPhone
2018-2-13
Use props
Peter N Carlson
New

United States

I can’t even fly with the iPhone... no WiFi detected so there’s no connection...
2018-2-13
Use props
Tadango
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Netherlands

When it won't link, move them a bit further apart.  Try about 1 meters.

When wifi does not work, reset it by the 3 beeps method.
2018-2-13
Use props
OrlandoP
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

I just finished a hour long chat with DJI and they issued a repair case, so I can return the aircraft for repair. I'm currently outside of the United States for at least another month, so if anyone finds a fix for this, I would really appreciate it. Really disappointed with this experience with DJI, didn't even get to fly my Mavic outside.
2018-2-13
Use props
Faisalx21
Flight distance : 526864 ft
Kuwait

Hi all
After spend day to solve this problem and finally find solution work for me,
1-downgrad Mavic Air firmware to v01.00.0100 (only Mavic Air not remot ,it must be on latest firmware)
2-power on Mavic Air and remote and press and hold function button rear on aircraft until her one beeps.
3- on remote press and hold pause button + Fn+c button until her beep from remote
4- wait few seconds and the Mavic will connect to remote.

After linking you can update Mavic normally to latest firmware

If you not update the Mavic you will be able to switch any time from remote to phone and switch back from phone to remote any time but after update the Mavic you will not be able to do that and same issue will you get.
I try it many time.

I hop this solution work for you all

Thanks
2018-2-13
Use props
HTV
New
Vietnam

I have the same exact issue. New Mavic Air Owner. I've been flying with my drone for 2 days without issue but yesterday I updated the Air's firmware and today I updated a firmware for the RC through the app. After unsuccessfully connecting through wireless, I can't seem to link the RC to the Air anymore. So any suggestion? Tried downgrading the firmware, reset factory, everything.
2018-2-14
Use props
HTV
New
Vietnam

So i think the issue might be with the firmware of the RC but the RC can't even connect to Windows 10. So frustrating. With a product category this new, i expect more than having paring issue.
2018-2-14
Use props
OrlandoP
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Faisalx21 Posted at 2018-2-13 20:54
Hi all
1-downgrad Mavic Air firmware to v01.00.0100 (only Mavic Air not remot ,it must be on latest firmware)

I just tried doing that and it didn't work. Also did a factory reset and nothing. I just received the email from DJI with the instructions for sending it in for repair. Since I'm outside of the United States, I'll wait a couple days to see if they release a firmware that fixes this. If they don't, I'll have to send it in.

Everyday there are more posts about people with our problem, so I hope they find the problem and fix it via a software update.
2018-2-14
Use props
HTV
New
Vietnam

OrlandoP Posted at 2018-2-14 14:53
I just tried doing that and it didn't work. Also did a factory reset and nothing. I just received the email from DJI with the instructions for sending it in for repair. Since I'm outside of the United States, I'll wait a couple days to see if they release a firmware that fixes this. If they don't, I'll have to send it in.

Everyday there are more posts about people with our problem, so I hope they find the problem and fix it via a software update.

Same here...
2018-2-14
Use props
Santiagogiovann
New
Flight distance : 233 ft
Thailand

Same here... brand new and doesnt work. Really dissapointed
2018-2-15
Use props
fanse55a2c53
New
Flight distance : 6043 ft

Faisalx21 Posted at 2018-2-13 20:54
Hi all
1-downgrad Mavic Air firmware to v01.00.0100 (only Mavic Air not remot ,it must be on latest firmware)

Great answer! Happy there is a workaround. How did you downgrade the Mavic Air though?
2018-2-16
Use props
fans88b79404
lvl.1
Vietnam

Hi OrlandoP, i have same problem like you
Did you fix it?
2018-2-16
Use props
Radasso
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Guys!

I was struggling with it since yesterday:

And I have it working

here is what I did:

1. Refreshed both firmwares (no downgaded) - I do not know if this step is necessary
2. On my phone - I went to settings, under apps (I have samsung s8, on other phone it may be applications), found Dji Go 4 app and FORCE STOPped it.
3. Tried again doing wired connection and it worked.

2018-2-16
Use props
TonyZhen
lvl.1
Vietnam

Radasso Posted at 2018-2-16 03:23
Guys!

I was struggling with it since yesterday:

It's not working
2018-2-16
Use props
Radasso
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Hmm so maybe there are other steps that matter. Just include force stopping in your tries.
2018-2-16
Use props
TonyZhen
lvl.1
Vietnam

this thing make me crazy and the support can''t help anymore......this is the last time I buy product from DJI
2018-2-16
Use props
Santiagogiovann
New
Flight distance : 233 ft
Thailand

I have tried with two iphones (7 and x) and ipad pro with no luck. Then I tried with a Sony xperia and worked the third time I tried. After that iOS devices started to work. Thanks for the help!
2018-2-17
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules