Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi All

With the excitement of the recent Mavic Air Release there are rumours that the Mavic Pro 2 is on its way with maybe a launch in March (I'm only passing on what I've found on the Tube!)

Does anyone have anything more to add? OR do we think its just a rumour?

The Air has some new features on it that surpass the Mavic Pro Platinum so maybe there is a new one on its way (the MPP may have been a beta for the ESC's and blades)

Perhaps it will come with the P4P camera and even more battery life! If they do release one will it make the current Platinum the base model Mavic and then squeeze in the Mavic Pro 2 in as the premium version in the same way as the Phantom range is? Or will it become the actual Pro version of the Mavic with a price tag to match.

For me the only things to improve the Mavic Pro Platinum would be a superior camera option (though the one on it now is pretty good and it still depends on what your are capturing), more sensors for protection (ideally small ones at the end of the legs where the motor are to allow for left an right obstacles or branches!) longer flight times on a single battery, voice control maybe through the app! Also dreaming here, planned routes without requiring the controller? Lasers, 4 Dimensional travel (though I'm not sure on flying LOS with that! )

If they do release one the options list has already been decided and we can bet its gonna look pretty similar in style to the Air version so it will be a good looker, what will it do for the second hand market for Mavic's and Mavic Platinums!

Will there be a trial offer again? (and will I get a look in! Can I have one?)

Lets get started?

P

2018-2-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rumors have been here for some weeks now (they probably have been here much longer ;) ) but the recent introduction of the 'Air' made them more present I guess.
And there have been (or has been) some 'insider' that leaked some information indeed.
Plus we have seen some price drops on the Mavic Pro.
So yes. It is a rumor.
And yes, MP2 will be fantastic.
Otherwise they would not release it.
But still pure speculation
2018-2-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Indeed - it’s all speculation as to when it will be released - could be next month, it could be 2019!
2018-2-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

You might have forgotten on your wishlist the capability to fly into outer space. Please accept my sincere apologies, I just couldn't resist... ;-)
2018-2-10
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-10 13:41
You might have forgotten on your wishlist the capability to fly into outer space. Please accept my sincere apologies, I just couldn't resist... ;-)

Yes outer space would be awesome too but not before 4th dimension travel!
2018-2-10
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Agreed its all speculation but after the Air release we have now seen a new design pattern emerge and that is the folding drones are the way forward, I have the spark and bought it as an everyday carry around in the car for things like a sunset or rainbow and the likes and its been great but a more portable Mavic (the Air) was a big step up, but the MPP is still a better drone better controller better signal in areas of interference and longer flight times, so they bother have there brownie points! On the other hand a new Mavic Pro with better imaging and longer battery life with the same portability would be awesome, there would then be no point in the Air apart from the price bracket. If there is one on its way will it mean the end of the MPP or will that become the IPhone 8 and the Mavic Pro 2 be the IPhone X?

On another note there are still dealers advertising Phantom 3A and P's for good money and the market is still strong on these even on second hand so I guess it still all comes down to budget, I love the latest tech (its my job and downfall)

I forget the number of people my nerdism converts into a follower!

The next version could be a compete surprise it could be a hybrid between the Phantom and Mavic (DJI are a becoming like Apple with regards to new models they are just better at keeping it under wraps)

Kinda like the buzz with a new toy to look forward too! Not so sure the other half is as excited mind!
2018-2-10
Use props
lifedownunder
lvl.2
Australia

Within the next 3 months?....

2018-2-14
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
Second Officer
Flight distance : 221476 ft
United Kingdom

I really hope the Mavic Pro 2 will accept the same battery as the original Mavic Pro, I don't mind taking a hit on the flight time.
2018-2-14
Use props
KingRexy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49856 ft
Sweden

As someone who wants to get into the whole DJI drone business after having an FPV drone for about a year, I cant' wait for DJI to release the new MP2!
2018-2-14
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Me too :-)
2018-2-14
Use props
Michael Miami Sweden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24199 ft
  • >>>
United States

B&H in New York has a special today for the Mavic Pro fly more package for $949. $350 dollars off. So it seems like they are making themselves ready to sell off some of their stock. Maybe for a new model coming soon?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... c_pro_plus_fly.html

2018-2-14
Use props
lifedownunder
lvl.2
Australia

Michael Miami Sweden Posted at 2018-2-14 06:20
B&H in New York has a special today for the Mavic Pro fly more package for $949. $350 dollars off. So it seems like they are making themselves ready to sell off some of their stock. Maybe for a new model coming soon?

Wow that's a pretty big discount. I agree, it sounds like they are getting rid of older stock.
2018-2-14
Use props
UAVTom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1236778 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-10 13:24
Rumors have been here for some weeks now (they probably have been here much longer ;) ) but the recent introduction of the 'Air' made them more present I guess.
And there have been (or has been) some 'insider' that leaked some information indeed.
Plus we have seen some price drops on the Mavic Pro.

Agreed !
2018-2-14
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

Naturally I am interested in anything new in the line but..

I will be keeping my new Platty Pro for the term of Insurance because I am not a professional photographer who wants a better camera and actually half an hour of flight time is adequate for my purpose.

China is close to Oz so we buy our stuff from there and I have noticed the price slip from about $USD1450 down to $USD990 (What I paid), delivered in the last 3 weeks so that could be an indicator.

Delivered Platinum Pro Price this is, IMO The Combo is wasted money on junk accessories, spend the extra on a Platty.

2018-2-19
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Schmooit Posted at 2018-2-10 16:34
Yes outer space would be awesome too but not before 4th dimension travel!

Well of course. The 4th dimension travel will be needed to reach outer space without committing an FCC rule violation.
2018-2-19
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Voice control??

Pilot: Mavic Pro, fly left.
Drone: Kill cat. Please confirm that you want me to kill your cat.
Pilot: No! Fly left!
Drone: Confirmed. Now killing cat.
Drone: Your cat has been successfully decapitated.

I have yet to see voice control on any device by any manufacturer that was accurate enough that I would trust it for flight control. Not to mention that the best voice control systems lose accuracy when there's background noise. Spinning propeller noise, for example.
2018-2-19
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

I’d be cautious, as far as I know, we currently have 2 things making us suspect an imminent release; twitter user OsitaLV, who has fueled every piece of information and possible date (although he has said March to May, everyone’s assuming the earliest), and the price drop on the original Mavic Pro - you could also argue for the release of the Autel Evo , but I don’t think that is really a factor that DJI will be concerned with unless their sales really show strength (and DJI really does need some competition in the market they completely dominate, certainly to improve their customer service)..

We know nothing about OsitaLV, apart from a few things he’s inferred, we don’t know how he sources his information, everything he has produced he claims to be ideas from his own head and while I have no doubt he does have some insider knowledge, I’d treat it all with a pinch of salt for now (he also claimed no rear sensors on the MP2, which would be a real surprise and shame) and categorically states he does not work for DJI.

And yes the Mavic Pro price has dropped which probably does suggest stock clearance for a new model, as it’s a nearly 18 month old product now.

I’m really hoping for an MP2 soon, but don’t want to get so hyped that I’m disappointed when it is released (as I was with the Air) - when and if that eventually happens,
2018-2-19
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

The rumors says it will be bigger. Unfortunately.
I would probably love some things on the rumored new Mavic II, but if it really is going to be bigger, it's not for me. When traveling I need something I can carry in my hand-luggage together with my DSLR equipment (includes 3-4 lenses). Mavic Pro does it, but it cannot be any bigger than that.
2018-2-19
Use props
Allupindis
lvl.1

United States

So excited to see this.  New to the hobby and its mind blowing how amazing these have become over the past few years!!
2018-2-20
Use props
Henry-M
lvl.2

Australia

DJI just making harder to choose a drone
2018-2-20
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I think it needs to be bigger. We have Enough small drones. With a bigger Mavic comes a much better sensor and camera. Not to mention better sensors.
2018-2-20
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

To add to the fake news, Mavic II could well be a Phantom 4 Pro - with folding arms and a few more sensors up-down-left-right-front & back to protect it from real estate agents who can't fly in any mode.
Lol, one such suited idjit just landed his new toy MPP in my neighbour's pool. No rescue yet as the two staffy's are quite aggressive and don't like people in shiny suits. - Sweet - When he asked for help I could not refrain from telling him that he was like his Audi, 1 ring short of an Olympics. Also he refused to show his commercial licence (RePL) because I suspect that he does not have one, so no insurance either

* hex *
2018-2-21
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32283 ft
  • >>>
United States

Michael Miami Sweden Posted at 2018-2-14 06:20

They also have the Autel Robotics EVO up for preorder so i would think the Mavic Pro ll will
be coming out soon too
2018-2-22
Use props
JordanM
lvl.4
United States

2018-2-22
Use props
JordanM
lvl.4
United States

I will be giving a DJI Mavic Pro II away after it is released. Just subscribe to my channel:
2018-3-5
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ill take one
2018-3-5
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just subscribed to get you going chap good luck
2018-3-5
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hexacopter Posted at 2018-2-21 00:40
**** The author has been banned or deleted automatically shield ****

What's this all about then?
2018-3-5
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

JordanM Posted at 2018-3-5 06:02
I will be giving a DJI Mavic Pro II away after it is released. Just subscribe to my channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iRnTgP4iYg

Go away with your pathetic click bait.
2018-3-5
Use props
Maxheadspace
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I now know the Mavic Pro II release date!  It will be two days after the release of the Autel Evo...
2018-3-6
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the DJI Mavic Pro currently on sale for $769.00 @ Amazon: http://amzn.to/2D50s7E, the Mavic Pro 2 must be coming out soon.
2018-3-6
Use props
JordanM
lvl.4
United States

eyecapture Posted at 2018-3-5 16:33
Go away with your pathetic click bait.

This is not click bait. I will be giving this away.

2018-3-6
Use props
JordanM
lvl.4
United States

Schmooit Posted at 2018-3-5 09:17

Thank You Schmooit!
2018-3-6
Use props
JordanM
lvl.4
United States

Schmooit Posted at 2018-3-5 09:17

Thank You Schmooit!
2018-3-6
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still not out yet though and MPP price still quite strong still it’s all still a guessing game and some best guessing Tello is ready for pre order so could be close
2018-3-6
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

Schmooit Posted at 2018-3-6 15:49
Still not out yet though and MPP price still quite strong still it’s all still a guessing game and some best guessing Tello is ready for pre order so could be close

Tello is out now, just apple store exclusive for a while.  
2018-3-6
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tello is out in the UK now ready for pre orders  should be a fun little drone for indoor use
2018-3-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Schmooit Posted at 2018-2-10 16:56
Agreed its all speculation but after the Air release we have now seen a new design pattern emerge and that is the folding drones are the way forward, I have the spark and bought it as an everyday carry around in the car for things like a sunset or rainbow and the likes and its been great but a more portable Mavic (the Air) was a big step up, but the MPP is still a better drone better controller better signal in areas of interference and longer flight times, so they bother have there brownie points! On the other hand a new Mavic Pro with better imaging and longer battery life with the same portability would be awesome, there would then be no point in the Air apart from the price bracket. If there is one on its way will it mean the end of the MPP or will that become the IPhone 8 and the Mavic Pro 2 be the IPhone X?

On another note there are still dealers advertising Phantom 3A and P's for good money and the market is still strong on these even on second hand so I guess it still all comes down to budget, I love the latest tech (its my job and downfall)

I don't really waste my time with speculations - I'll look at it when it's released and if I like it I'll buy it, fly it and get the most out of it. If not then it can stay on the shelf until the next gen.
2018-3-11
Use props
JordanM
lvl.4
United States

2018-4-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom