Dji Mavic Air Customer Support
2271 33 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans314c17c6
lvl.1
United States

Received my new Mavic Air on February 2nd very bad jagged edges on still shots. I first sent an email and followed all of the steps Dji requested I do, did not help. I called support and they had me go through all of the settings and still same results. Then I received an email requesting I send in a 4 day old Mavic Air for repair, this was unacceptable and I again called customer support and said I feel because it was well within the 14 days I would like a replacement not a repair. Finally after being very condescending to me I would receive a mailing label in about two days and once they receive this defective Mavic Air they will examine it and determine if it qualifies for a replacement. The tech on the phone earlier that day told me it was defective by the two photos I sent him. To make things worse customer support informed me that because it is a new product for Dji the turn around time would be delayed and could take an extended amount of time but would not tell me how long that could be. This is my fourth dji drone and never before had an issue. Never knew their customer service was so  difficult to deal with. At this point I would rather have a refund than exchange and then I could purchase the Maivc Air from a reputable retailer who would gladly exchange a 4 day old Mavic Air with a major defect. Dji wants you to jump thru hoops and you are at their mercy for them to do the right thing. Great products terrible customer support.

2018-2-10
Use props
Hack
lvl.3
United States

Sorry to hear of your problems.  Nothing worse than getting new play toy and not being able to use it.

That being said, I'm not sure I would agee that this is terrible customer service.  It sounds like DJI has been very responsive in trying to address the issues you are having.  I understand its not ideal to have to wait for the repair, and if the repair happens in China, I'm sure CNY will effect the turn around time.  But again, not sure I would qualify this as terrible customer service.  Just my opinion.

Anyway, I hope your wait time is short and hope you get your bird in the air soon.

2018-2-10
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Hack Posted at 2018-2-10 14:52
Sorry to hear of your problems.  Nothing worse than getting new play toy and not being able to use it.

That being said, I'm not sure I would agee that this is terrible customer service.  It sounds like DJI has been very responsive in trying to address the issues you are having.  I understand its not ideal to have to wait for the repair, and if the repair happens in China, I'm sure CNY will effect the turn around time.  But again, not sure I would qualify this as terrible customer service.  Just my opinion.

If his AIR is defective within 14 days this should be treated as DOA. Meaning giving him priority over others shipments, just replace the AIR and keep a customer happy. That is correct customer treatment.
2018-2-10
Use props
Hack
lvl.3
United States

"just replace the AIR and keep a customer happy"

Well, that does not appear to be DJI's policy, even if you believe it should be.  I personally have no problem with their policy, and would feel the same way even if it effected me.  Perhaps you should write DJI and express your thoughts if you believe in them so strongly.  Or better yet, vote with your dollars and purchase from a company who's policies more closely align with what you feel to be the correct treatment of customers.
2018-2-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DOA units should be replaced with brand new packages.
2018-2-10
Use props
ggeorgis
lvl.4
Greece

Amazon would have apologised for the inconvenience and express shipped a new one/refunded fully, even before receiving the defective unit back.
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am terribly sorry for your situation. Could you please provide me with your case number so I can check the case for you? Sincerely sorry again for the inconvenience.
2018-2-10
Use props
fans314c17c6
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-10 17:59
I am terribly sorry for your situation. Could you please provide me with your case number so I can check the case for you? Sincerely sorry again for the inconvenience.

CAS-1480592-N2D9C2
Thank you for your assistance
2018-2-10
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Could you post a photo so we can see what issue you are having?
2018-2-10
Use props
fans314c17c6
lvl.1
United States

2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans314c17c6 Posted at 2018-2-10 18:21
CAS-1480592-N2D9C2
Thank you for your assistance

Thank you very much, it seems that you haven't sent the drone in, right? Is it convenient that you upload some original pictures from SD card to Dropbox so I can grab some backups for your case? I appreciate your help.
2018-2-10
Use props
fans314c17c6
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-10 20:30
Thank you very much, it seems that you haven't sent the drone in, right? Is it convenient that you upload some original pictures from SD card to Dropbox so I can grab some backups for your case? I appreciate your help.

Hi the only photos I have are on my I phone downloaded from the dji app. I formatted my Mavic Air before I packed it back in the box. I am still awaiting a return mailing label. It seems like the problem is very bad aliasing. None of my other dji drone have this problem. Today I took a photo with the new Mavic Air and the Spark the spark had no aliasing and the Mavic Air was very bad.i would much rather a fix in the settings but the adjustments that I did while on the phone with tech support didn’t help. By the way the tech support gentleman was very nice and tried very hard to correct the problem. Customer Support was the representative that was not very helpful or nice.Thank You very much.
2018-2-10
Use props
fans314c17c6
lvl.1
United States

2018-2-10
Use props
fans314c17c6
lvl.1
United States

2018-2-10
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
United States

That’s just a thumbnail photo. Post a full-size picture off the sdcard.
2018-2-10
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
United States

A Jpg to be more specific
2018-2-10
Use props
fans314c17c6
lvl.1
United States

Please see the white painted line on the road how jagged it is.
2018-2-10
Use props
fans314c17c6
lvl.1
United States

Sorry I reformatted the sd card before repacking the Mavic Air the only photos I have are on my iPhone , wish I knew to save the photos on the sad card.
2018-2-10
Use props
fans314c17c6
lvl.1
United States

You can see how jagged the power lines are in this photo
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans314c17c6 Posted at 2018-2-10 20:52
Hi the only photos I have are on my I phone downloaded from the dji app. I formatted my Mavic Air before I packed it back in the box. I am still awaiting a return mailing label. It seems like the problem is very bad aliasing. None of my other dji drone have this problem. Today I took a photo with the new Mavic Air and the Spark the spark had no aliasing and the Mavic Air was very bad.i would much rather a fix in the settings but the adjustments that I did while on the phone with tech support didn’t help. By the way the tech support gentleman was very nice and tried very hard to correct the problem. Customer Support was the representative that was not very helpful or nice.Thank You very much.

Thank you for your update and I will forward your case to our engineers to draw their attention, too.
BTW, for the customer support, I will transfer your feedback to the relative team to check the details and do the best to improve our service. Would you mind telling me the number that you used for contacting our customer support? Is it the same as the one you used for signing the case? Sorry for your unpleasant experience with us.
2018-2-10
Use props
fans314c17c6
lvl.1
United States

The phone number I called was tel:+1-818-235-0789, thank you for reaching out and helping with this matter.
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans314c17c6 Posted at 2018-2-11 03:59
The phone number I called was tel:+1-818-235-0789, thank you for reaching out and helping with this matter.

Sorry mate, I should've made it more clear, I want to know your phone number that you used for contacting us so we can check the relative info. If it is the same as the number that you used for applying the case, please let me know. Thank you so much.
2018-2-11
Use props
fans314c17c6
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-11 04:46
Sorry mate, I should've made it more clear, I want to know your phone number that you used for contacting us so we can check the relative info. If it is the same as the number that you used for applying the case, please let me know. Thank you so much.

Yes it is the same
2018-2-11
Use props
fans314c17c6
lvl.1
United States

Could reducing the sharpness in the app  settings possibly help reduce the jagged affect? I watched some YouTube videos on Moiré /aliasing and when they reduced their camera sharpness the jagged lines were not hardly noticeable. Would minus -1or -2 make a diffrance in the Moiré /aliasing images the camera is currently producing?
2018-2-11
Use props
RetiredFlyer
lvl.1
United States

GREAT News !!!! After whatching many youtube videos I found one of a gentleman with a similar problem and changed his sharpness settings to -1 0 0
Low and behold I did this on my Mavic Air this morning and problem fixed, no more jaggies!!! Thank you for all your help I am going to cancel my exchange with dji!!!
2018-2-11
Use props
RetiredFlyer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-10 17:59

Dji
Please cancel my exchange request, I was able to solve the problem on my own by changing the sharpness settings in the app. You may want to take note of this fix for  other customers with the same problem. No more jagged edges!!!
Change the sharpness settings to (-1 )(0 )(0)

Thank You
Dr Eric Cohen MD
2018-2-11
Use props
RetiredFlyer
lvl.1
United States

Check out power lines, no more jagged edges, Yea!,!
2018-2-11
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
United States

The pictures on your phone will be low quality unless you download it from the drone. Posting a picture from your phone and saying something is wrong with the drone is deceiving.
2018-2-11
Use props
RetiredFlyer
lvl.1
United States

Hi Jeff,
I am not so technologically savey , but I can tell you my other 3 Dji drones made beautiful photos out of the box with no adjustments and my Mavic Air was pitiful until I found the youtube video advising to lower the sharpness. As of today my pictures are very good with that slight adjustment to the Mavic Air. I feel I was being extremely fair in my criticism of dji customer support . I also see when I post a photo on this site it looses much quality compared to my iPad and MacBook Pro. All is well that ends well. This is my 4th Dji drone so that speeks highly of how I feel about their products. Never had a problem before so customer support was not an issue. Please don’t forget as I originally stated it was the dji tech that told me my Mavic Air was defective and needed to be repaired or replaced. I do appreciate your comments and wish you a pleasant day. As a retired senior citizen I truly love this hobby but so much to learn, lol. I admire the young pepole of today and how adept they are to all the new technology coming out. I am doing the best I can but so much more to learn.
2018-2-11
Use props
RetiredFlyer
lvl.1
United States

Received a very nice email from customer support, wanted to share:

Rose T (Support)
2月12日 CST06:46

Dear Eric,

We have acknowledged receipt of your email, and we thank you for imparting the resolution you have done to the issue you've had having rough photos. We will recommend this resolution to other Mavic Air drone users it was proven to be effective on your drone.

Have a great day ahead and thank you for choosing DJI!
You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded. If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.

Best Regards
Rose T.
DJI Customer Support
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

RetiredFlyer Posted at 2018-2-11 07:35
Dji
Please cancel my exchange request, I was able to solve the problem on my own by changing the sharpness settings in the app. You may want to take note of this fix for  other customers with the same problem. No more jagged edges!!!
Change the sharpness settings to (-1 )(0 )(0)

Eric, I appreciate your update and I am excited to hear that you've found the resolution. When we meet someone who might encounter the same issue in the future, we will also introduce this way for troubleshooting. Thank you again for the update, enjoy your time, and I am looking forward to your works sharing.
2018-2-11
Use props
RetiredFlyer
lvl.1
United States

Thank You
2018-2-11
Use props
RetiredFlyer
lvl.1
United States

My opinion of  dji customer service has improved 100%

Rose T (Support)
2月12日 CST06:57

Dear Eric

You're always welcome! It is my pleasure to assist you as we’re always striving to provide the best service possible we could offer and working to improve towards customer satisfaction.

You've been a great help! Thank you very much.
You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded. If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.

Best Regards
Rose T.
DJI Customer Support
2018-2-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thank you for the feedback. It's a pleasure to assist you.
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules