Lots of problems with Mavic Air
18299 23 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goin2drt 9
lvl.1
United States

Man I have only had this for a few days and flown it for a few batteries and nothing but problems.

1.  Have had to update multiple times to new firmware.  Both times starting it up I needed to update.

2. Was just flying it and the screen on my phone goes blank and upper left says disconnected.  The drone is like 20 feet away as I am just trying to play with the different things.

3. One battery already froze up, wouldn't charge and then just the 2 middle lights stay on.  Went through the process and sent that away today.

4. Now the charging block won't charge the battery and flashes yellow and can't find anything on that issue.  the battery will charge directly connected.

Not a very happy experience yet for sure.
2018-2-10
Use props
exos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425486 ft
Canada

The charging hub will flash yellow if the battery is too hot to charge, that may be what you experienced?
2018-2-10
Use props
fans483b6df4
New
Vietnam

hi, I actually get the same problem (#2), fly high at around 20m, screen started flicking and no signal. At some points, it starts RTH, must be signal lost completely, and I guess I am about 50m away from standing point.
2018-2-10
Use props
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

1 yes all the drones require almost daily updates. it's ok get used to it.
2 where are you standing? is there wifi or interference where you are?
3 and 4 watch your battery temps.
2018-2-10
Use props
Chadrob30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220459 ft
United States

fans589cba4b Posted at 2018-2-10 21:01
1 yes all the drones require almost daily updates. it's ok get used to it.
2 where are you standing? is there wifi or interference where you are?
3 and 4 watch your battery temps.

Not sure what drones you have but I have never had a DJI product require daily updates.
2018-2-10
Use props
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

Keep in mind that the product just got released. You are basically a beta tester right now
2018-2-11
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

1. Probably was triggered by the batteries. The first firmware update was not only for the MA and RC but also for the batteries. Thus they need to be updated individually too. Best with DJI Assistant.
2. A number of causes are possible here. Antanna positions, obstacles, interferences, RC not directed to AC etc.
3. Not clear.
4. As already mentioned by others, batteriy too warm.
It takes time to get to know all aspects of such a complex device and that time needs to be taken by reading the manuals, this forum, watching tutorial videos etc.
2018-2-11
Use props
Goin2drt 9
lvl.1
United States

Thanks all for the replies. On the last one the battery did start to charge so that is good.

I will have to try and figure out why I am losing connection. I was really just playing with it in the back yard.  I took off and it was about 20 ft above me because I then was just playing with and seeing what all the settings and icons were.  Screen went blank and said disconnected.   This problem worries me the most but next flight I will go to the park. Maybe it is the house that is interfering.
2018-2-11
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123960 ft
Singapore

Goin2drt 9 Posted at 2018-2-11 06:15
Thanks all for the replies. On the last one the battery did start to charge so that is good.

I will have to try and figure out why I am losing connection. I was really just playing with it in the back yard.  I took off and it was about 20 ft above me because I then was just playing with and seeing what all the settings and icons were.  Screen went blank and said disconnected.   This problem worries me the most but next flight I will go to the park. Maybe it is the house that is interfering.

if the MA was directly above, you could experience signal issues depending on how your antennas were aligned. This video provides some best practices..

2018-2-11
Use props
CarloUK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Call me cautious but I tend to go through a really step by step process until I build up confidence with my abilities and the drone functionality :

I firstly carefully unpacked and inspected everything to make sure its OK
I read everything and watched all the DJI tutorials
I watched loads of videos on you tube
I did all drone, RC and battery updates.
I powered the drone up in home with no props and set everything up as I wanted. Tested the gimbal, camera recording and worked through everything I could
Today I took it for its first flight out in the country in a wide open area. Even if it went mental I could retrieve it
starting by checking all pre flight checks. The drone prompted me to calibrate it sensors which I did
I set up the return to home point and checked it on the map
I fired up the props without taking off and warmed it all up.
Took off and just checked out all the hovering, takeoff, landing etc.
Worked through a whole battery at low level. ended up with a quick sport mode test
No problems.

Next flight ill work though all the automated flight patterns in a controlled area.
Then thats it go play.  Did the same with my Spark when I got that.
I just wouldn't buy a new drone which has just been released and go use it in the harshest environment there is

CARLO
2018-2-11
Use props
Goin2drt 9
lvl.1
United States

Yep I did the same. Took me 3 days before my first flight
2018-2-11
Use props
andyvortexsg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2720 ft
United Kingdom

Having the exact same problem with 2 of my MA batteries. Tried every method suggested already but still no luck. Did you manage to resolve it?
2018-2-21
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

CarloUK Posted at 2018-2-11 10:37
Call me cautious but I tend to go through a really step by step process until I build up confidence with my abilities and the drone functionality :

That’s the way to do it. And this is why you don’t have problems. Too many people get in a hurry.
2018-2-21
Use props
Goin2drt 9
lvl.1
United States

andyvortexsg Posted at 2018-2-21 03:43
Having the exact same problem with 2 of my MA batteries. Tried every method suggested already but still no luck. Did you manage to resolve it?

Mine was bad and they exchanged it.  Took a couple of weeks to get it to them and new one back.
2018-2-21
Use props
andyvortexsg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2720 ft
United Kingdom

Goin2drt 9 Posted at 2018-2-21 05:57
Mine was bad and they exchanged it.  Took a couple of weeks to get it to them and new one back.

Hopefully DJI support will resolve this for me soon.. i've already been in touch with them. Meanwhile I've also ordered a 4th battery
2018-2-21
Use props
djiuser_HiB7hLrj5qlI
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Guys
I can't get a camera image on my Samsung tablet although my HTC phone works fine.
Anybody got any ideas?
2018-3-10
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Sorry to say it, but I have been having the same problem for 6+ Months. Consider a return. (Mine is the mavic pro)
2018-3-10
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

CarloUK Posted at 2018-2-11 10:37

This is very good advice, I fully support the structured approach.
2018-3-10
Use props
StarrBird
lvl.1

Australia

Goin2drt 9 Posted at 2018-2-11 11:19
Yep I did the same. Took me 3 days before my first flight

Very wise. I spent about a week before an actual flight. Call me boring but I'd rather do that than end up with this,

Credit and condolences to the original poster of this picture. I am not suggesting in any way that you did not prepare sufficiently for your flight. I'm only using your picture as an example.
mavic air broken.jpeg
2018-3-10
Use props
artDragoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3615768 ft
  • >>>
United States

achim1989 Posted at 2018-2-11 00:11
Keep in mind that the product just got released. You are basically a beta tester right now

I'm not sure I agree with that statement. Beta testing should be handled by DJI before releasing a product such as this into the wild. We aren't talking about a video game here with some bad coding. We are talking about a product that could harm people and/or destroy property if it isn't flight ready. Once sold...Its on DJI if the product malfunctions...as long as it isn't pilot error.

But we know how these things go...its always pilot error. Otherwise there would be a media storm if DJI admitted their product caused an issue. (galaxy note 7 anyone?)
2018-3-18
Use props
djiuser_kZBP8QXRQpO4
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Having many problems myself, i have NO CONFIDENCE in flying my Mavic  AIr!!
2019-6-10
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

At close radius disconnection, you're either interfered, else aiming wrong antenna orientation.
Yesterday at beach i experience same.
The parked beach cars interfere regardless drone is way higher headed to sea horizon.
when i positioned myself at sand shoreline, the cars are behind me. Drone does not disconnect.
This exhibits how metal, even dislocated from line of sight to drone, disrupts energy thats suppose to get out to the drone.
Does ground metal actually magnetically suck down radiated transmission signal?
2019-6-10
Use props
fans0332f185
New

Australia

Hello everyone! I may have the fix to your problem. I had the exact same thing, and nowhere online did it tell me this. If you are flying perfectly fine, then all of a sudden it disconnects, or just says disconnected, USE A DIFFERENT CORD. On my first day, i was so stressed as i could not get my mavic air controller to connect to my phone. Changed the cord and it worked.it is 2021 and haven’t had a problem since.
Hope this helps
2021-11-4
Use props
fans0332f185
New

Australia

djiuser_HiB7hLrj5qlI Posted at 2018-3-10 13:31
Hi Guys
I can't get a camera image on my Samsung tablet although my HTC phone works fine.
Anybody got any ideas?

Maybe try using a different cord. I was using a faulty cord, fixed my problem immediately
2021-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules