Adding to my list of DJI defective equipment - Props!
1542 37 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

So far, I've had the following defective equipment from DJI:

• Mavic Pro Car Charger (x1): Dead on arrival, replaced by DJI (took 2 weeks)
  • DJI Mavic Pro aircraft (x5): Five replacement Mavic Pro (2 refurbished, 3 new). The latest still has the same problems, but now, after 3 months, DJI says "that's normal"
  • DJI Osmo+ (x1): Issues ignored by DJI
  • DJI 8331 Low Noise Props: Cause "Abnormal Gimbal Vibration" error message

I've owned these 8331 props for a few months. They've sat in the original shipping box that DJI shipped them in. I was going to try them on my original Mavic Pro, but then I stupidly crashed it (see the video here). Then began the saga of my 5 replacement Mavic aircraft. The brand new Mavic I bought rotated while hovering, and flew off to the right when flying in a straight line (see the mammoth thread here). Five replacements later, the current Mavic Pro still does the same exact thing, and DJI now calls it "Normal" behavior!

So, with my Mavic behaving "normally", I tried these 8331 Low Noise Props.  On the first flight, I started receiving "Abnormal Gimbal Vibration" error messages. I took a video with my cell phone (which doesn't like to focus at close distances, unfortunately, but you'll see the gimbal bouncing around). After replacing the props with the standard props, no more gimbal vibration.

I've seen lots of reports about these 8331 props. They're supposed to be compatible with the original Mavic Pro. Many of these reports detail problems with the 8331. More poor quality control from DJI.

2018-2-10
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

What fe version is the drone on?
2018-2-10
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-2-10 18:37
What fe version is the drone on?

Firmware is what I meant
2018-2-10
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-2-10 18:38
Firmware is what I meant

It's on 01.04.0200.
2018-2-10
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Try flying the  8331 props, aggressively around, it seems they need to bed in.

A number of people including myself  had this problem, all I did was full power climbs and declines on the spot for 10 minutes and the problem disappeared and hasn't come back
2018-2-10
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

What I did was swap those CCW & CW props around till it stopped vibrating
2018-2-10
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-2-10 19:55

A number of people including myself  had this problem, all I did was full power climbs and declines on the spot for 10 minutes and the problem disappeared and hasn't come back

Interesting. I'll try that... though I'd rather not damage the gimbal in the process! :-)
2018-2-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 2018-2-10 19:55

A number of people including myself  had this problem, all I did was full power climbs and declines on the spot for 10 minutes and the problem disappeared and hasn't come back

Thats very true!   
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jyunte, I am sorry for the difficulties. For the no stick input but drone drifts issue, it still happens on the drone you received now, right? I will forward to our engineers to check again.
And for the gimbal shaking issue, does it happen when flying with the normal propellers? Please ensure that the props are all in good condition. If the issue persists, would you mind providing me with the screenshot of the firmware info (General Settings--About) as well as a picture of the propellers? Thank you.
And for the OSMO+ issue, I am sorry for that I am not able to find the thread you refer to. Would you mind provide me with more info?
Sincerely sorry again for your difficulties.
2018-2-11
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-11 00:35
Jyunte, I am sorry for the difficulties. For the no stick input but drone drifts issue, it still happens on the drone you received now, right? I will forward to our engineers to check again.
And for the gimbal shaking issue, does it happen when flying with the normal propellers? Please ensure that the props are all in good condition. If the issue persists, would you mind providing me with the screenshot of the firmware info (General Settings--About) as well as a picture of the propellers? Thank you.
And for the OSMO+ issue, I am sorry for that I am not able to find the thread you refer to. Would you mind provide me with more info?

Osmo threads:
Osmo Pro is drifting
Osmo+: Orientation Lock unwanted panning
Camera head wanders
Osmo drifting

Yes, Mavic Pro replacement #5 is still rotating during hovering without any user input.
Yes, Mavic Pro replacement #5 is still drifting right when flying in a "straight" line.

As already stated, the gimbal shakes with the 8331 props, but not with the regular props.

Screen shots to follow (next time I go fly). The 8331 props are in perfect condition, no defects.

2018-2-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jyunte Posted at 2018-2-11 00:50
Osmo threads:
Osmo Pro is drifting

Why don’t you put up a flight log and video of this occurrence, it seems you have been hopelessly unlucky, because there are not many who have had the problems or at least the amount of problems you are having.
I am talking about the drifting here, you can always use old props to stop vibrating.
2018-2-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

No rotating in that video maybe the props have sorted that one out and replaced with another problem.
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Osmo threads:
Osmo Pro is drifting

For the gimbal shaking issue, could you please remove the filter and check again? If the issue persists, please help to export the data of the flight that you tested without the filter.
And for the hovering drift issue, would you mind doing me a favour? Please help to do a new test, make sure that you are flying in an open place with fine GPS signal, RC, IMU and compass calibrated. Then if the drone still performs the same, please provide me with the video and the flight data of this flight.
Please kindly provide me with the individual data for each issue if possible. I appreciate it.
2018-2-11
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-11 02:34
Why don’t you put up a flight log and video of this occurrence, it seems you have been hopelessly unlucky, because there are not many who have had the problems or at least the amount of problems you are having.
I am talking about the drifting here, you can always use old props to stop vibrating.

I have posted flight logs, DAT files and videos to both the forums here, and presented them to DJI during our off-line discussions. DJI Thor is well aware of them! I'm sure you can find them. People smarter than I have examined them and agree that the aircraft rotates with no input from the controller. As I stated in the original post, the vibrating goes away when I go back to the original props. I have since found a thread that has been active for over a year, where many people are complaining about the rotating and drifting Mavics.
2018-2-11
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-11 03:14
No rotating in that video maybe the props have sorted that one out and replaced with another problem.

How can you tell?
Are you looking for it to spin like Regan's head in The Excorist?
2018-2-11
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-11 05:50
For the gimbal shaking issue, could you please remove the filter and check again? If the issue persists, please help to export the data of the flight that you tested without the filter.
And for the hovering drift issue, would you mind doing me a favour? Please help to do a new test, make sure that you are flying in an open place with fine GPS signal, RC, IMU and compass calibrated. Then if the drone still performs the same, please provide me with the video and the flight data of this flight.
Please kindly provide me with the individual data for each issue if possible. I appreciate it.

Hi DJI Thor.
I was flying in that location because I didn't have much time to play, and it's very close to where I live. It's not my usual flying site. I have posted video of the rotation and drifting in one of the other threads you monitor. The video and DAT files posted there are from flights flown in wide open spaces, with 18 or more satellites visible. You have accused me of spamming the forum and threatened to have me banned for posting videos and DAT files after you removed threads from where they happily lived for months, and hid them in other forums. Now you want me to do what you didn't want me to do before?

I thought I was alone in this issue, but then I find a thread that's been going on for over a year, with no input from DJI.:Mavic Yaw Drift You guys at DJI have treated me like I was imagining all of this, but you know it's a common problem, just as the Osmo rotation is a common problem.
2018-2-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jyunte Posted at 2018-2-11 07:06
How can you tell?
Are you looking for it to spin like Regan's head in The Excorist?

I can tell because that’s the same way mine holds, and it’s fine if your looking for better than that then I don’t think you will find one. Everything has its limitations.
2018-2-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jyunte Posted at 2018-2-11 07:01
I have posted flight logs, DAT files and videos to both the forums here, and presented them to DJI during our off-line discussions. DJI Thor is well aware of them! I'm sure you can find them. People smarter than I have examined them and agree that the aircraft rotates with no input from the controller. As I stated in the original post, the vibrating goes away when I go back to the original props. I have since found a thread that has been active for over a year, where many people are complaining about the rotating and drifting Mavics.

I’m specifically speaking about this craft, so maybe some video of it properly drifting and turning might help show what your problem is.
2018-2-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Read where normal props don't cause vibration where 8331s do.
I may have missed where you have...

But have you tried a completely different set of DJI 8331 Low Noise Props?
2018-2-11
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-11 10:23
I can tell because that’s the same way mine holds, and it’s fine if your looking for better than that then I don’t think you will find one. Everything has its limitations.

You can't tell, because that was footage of me looking at the drone, and *I* was moving around, and the aircraft was moving because I kept entering in front of its forward collision sensors. So please, do me a favor, and stop telling me my Mavic is fine, when you have no idea. I'll address your other point in a reply to your other message.
2018-2-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jyunte Posted at 2018-2-11 15:01
You can't tell, because that was footage of me looking at the drone, and *I* was moving around, and the aircraft was moving because I kept entering in front of it's forward collision sensors. So please, do me a favor, and so telling me my Mavic is fine, when you have no idea. I'll address your other point in a reply to your other message.

I can’t tell you your Mavic is fine, as most users of the forum here will know your Mavic will never be fine, but that’s more to do with you than your Mavic , your now making a career out of this ridiculous complaining.
2018-2-11
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-11 10:26
I’m specifically speaking about this craft, so maybe some video of it properly drifting and turning might help show what your problem is.

Like I already said, video has already been posted to the forum. Video from the aircraft's SD card, DAT files and flight logs have been provided to DJI.

Today, a friend (fellow Mavic Pro owner, full-scale pilot, and R/C pattern pilot) and I flew out aircraft side by side (actually, one on top of the other). Mine drifted to the right, his went straight ahead. He flew my Mavic, and it flew to the right for him. I flew his, and his went straight ahead. He agrees, mine deviates from the flight path much more than it should. He was very skeptical of my reported problems, but now he's convinced, having flown it himself.
2018-2-11
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-2-11 14:35
Read where normal props don't cause vibration where 8331s do.
I may have missed where you have...

I have not. I only own this one set. Using these props is more of a curiosity for me, not a necessity. I've owned them for a while,  and was curious to see what all the fuss was about. :-)
2018-2-11
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-11 15:05
I can’t tell you your Mavic is fine, as most users of the forum here will know your Mavic will never be fine, but that’s more to do with you than your Mavic , your now making a career out of this ridiculous complaining.

Whatever.
I'm glad yours works fine.
I'm glad you got what you paid for.
I, and dozens of people like me, did not.
I assume you read the thread that started in 2016, which details many other people having EXACTLY the same problems as me? They're imagining it too?

You know, you don't HAVE to be a part of this thread. Your insistance that is all in my head, makes you look pretty stupid, especially when DJI already confirmed the problem in my returned Mavics... They just can't provide one that doesn't have these problems. Oh, FYI, I don't have anything to prove to you.
2018-2-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jyunte Posted at 2018-2-11 15:20
Whatever.
I'm glad yours works fine.
I'm glad you got what you paid for.

I think the only one around here looking stupid is you, 5 Mavics and you still have a bad one.

Once bitten twice shy 5 times who’s stupid.
2018-2-11
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-11 15:33
I think the only one around here looking stupid is you, 5 Mavics and you still have a bad one.

Once bitten twice shy 5 times who’s stupid.

Clearly you are.
DJI confirmed the problem exists, yet Hallmark007 thinks he knows better, having based his opinion on a poorly focused cell phone video OF the aircraft's gimbal, rather than the video FROM the aircraft in flight, or the DAT files, both of which have already been examined by techs at DJI and others here on this forum.
2018-2-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jyunte Posted at 2018-2-11 15:44
Clearly you are.
DJI confirmed the problem exists, yet Hallmark007 thinks he knows better, having based his opinion on a poorly focused cell phone video OF the aircraft's gimbal, rather than the video FROM the aircraft in flight, or the DAT files, both of which have already been examined by techs at DJI and others here on this forum.

Your right there are literally hundreds complaining around here, in fact there must be at least 20 on this particular thread, NOT .............
2018-2-11
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-11 15:48
Your right there are literally hundreds complaining around here, in fact there must be at least 20 on this particular thread, NOT .............

Guys...you are taking this thread down a rat hole.  Admin  will put an end to this thread if it is going to degenerate to this type of back and forth.
2018-2-11
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

Your right there are literally hundreds complaining around here, in fact there must be at least 20 on this particular thread, NOT .............

I guess research is not your forte:

From February 2017 - Mavic Yaw drift

Guess everyone in that thread is imagining the problem.
Which department of the DJI Fanboy Club do you work for? That's a rhetorical question, I really don't care.
As I said before, I don't have to prove anything to you. I've already proven the problem exists to those that matter, and frankly, you simply don't matter.
Go ahead... Have the last word... You know your ego just won't let it go.
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Osmo threads:
Osmo Pro is drifting

Hi, there. The situation is forwarded and I believe our engineers are working on the problem. And the videos in the thread are forwarded. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-12
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-12 00:29
Hi, there. The situation is forwarded and I believe our engineers are working on the problem. And the videos in the thread are forwarded. Thanks for your support.

Very good.
When should we expect a solution to this problem. It's been going on for months.
2018-2-26
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer

Hi, there. The situation is forwarded and I believe our engineers are working on the problem. And the videos in the thread are forwarded. Thanks for your support.

Another 2 months and still no response or solution from DJI.
2018-4-21
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer

FIVE months, and no follow-up or fix.
2018-7-17
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

8 months, and still no response or fix.
2018-10-31
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

Your right there are literally hundreds complaining around here, in fact there must be at least 20 on this particular thread, NOT .............

I admire your honesty Hallmark007
2018-10-31
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

Jyunte Posted at 2-11 15:11
Like I already said, video has already been posted to the forum. Video from the aircraft's SD card, DAT files and flight logs have been provided to DJI.

Today, a friend (fellow Mavic Pro owner, full-scale pilot, and R/C pattern pilot) and I flew out aircraft side by side (actually, one on top of the other). Mine drifted to the right, his went straight ahead. He flew my Mavic, and it flew to the right for him. I flew his, and his went straight ahead. He agrees, mine deviates from the flight path much more than it should. He was very skeptical of my reported problems, but now he's convinced, having flown it himself.

How about you and your friend bind your controller's to the other's drone - that way, you can fly his mav with your controller, and he can fly yours with his controller.

This will Prove / Disprove that it's the bird vs the remote.

If DJI has issued you 5 drones, have they issued you a new controller every time?  Or are you repeatedly using the same controller and ending up with the same result?

If it is remote related, have you by chance calibrated your sticks?
2018-11-1
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

White Ox Posted at 11-1 13:19
How about you and your friend bind your controller's to the other's drone - that way, you can fly his mav with your controller, and he can fly yours with his controller.

This will Prove / Disprove that it's the bird vs the remote.

Good suggestions... But the logs show no input from the controller that would affect the aircraft. The logs are the definitive proof which shows it's a problem with the aircraft, not the remote. The logs show the GPS and compass disagree with where the aircraft is flying. And yes, everything was calibrated prior to testing.
2018-11-1
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 10-31 23:36
I admire your honesty Hallmark007

Don't encourage him.
2018-11-1
Use props
Advanced