Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3 camera motor broken after flying thru the clouds during 15'
1024 12 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobBob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 62 ft
Peru

I have a DJI Phantom 3 drone.  When it came back to the RTH point it had the camera motor broken, after flying thru the clouds during 15 minutes.  Our guess is that clouds affected the camera motor.  We got the whole video ok, except for the camera that was at its own rythm, loose.  I think this should be covered by your warranty.  Please confirm this and explain us how to proceed.  Thank you.
2018-2-10
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Sounds more like moisture has entered the motor or circuit board that controls the motors not sure that it will be covered under warranty.
You mentioned the motor is loose in what way is it loose can you upload a video of the problem.
Were there any error messages during the flight?
Can you upload the flight log?
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Then post a link to the log file here.
2018-2-10
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Australia

Flying thru clouds is never a good idea for a number of reasons the main one being moisture or condensation damage.
Not to mention that you would have been flying out of vlos this puts lives at risk.
2018-2-10
Use props
BobBob
lvl.3
Peru

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-2-10 18:42
Flying thru clouds is never a good idea for a number of reasons the main one being moisture or condensation damage.
Not to mention that you would have been flying out of vlos this puts lives at risk.

Thank you for reply.  You are very kind.

I can provide you of everything that you are asking for.

Nevertheless, the flight was over the sea.  That day, it was clouded.  So it was a simple itinerary flight.  UFOs or planes or helicopters are supposed to fly thru the clouds.  On that sense is that my guess is that DJI should consider this on warranty.

If I turn on the P3, the camera does not make the typical movements.  I thing motors were damaged, maybe by humidity, but this is not a car it is a flying object (by the way, **DJI P3** is the **best drone** around for many technical reasons that are beyond the scope of this thread).

Thank you again and take into consideration these issues.

Best regards.
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Bob, so there is a camera motor error on the app, right? Please try to restart the drone for a couple times, if the issue persists, I suggest sending the drone in. We will diagnose when the drone arrives. If it is a warranty case and within the warranty period, you don't need to pay for the repair fee. Please contact our support for a further help. http://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-11
Use props
BobBob
lvl.3
Peru

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-11 01:25
Bob, so there is a camera motor error on the app, right? Please try to restart the drone for a couple times, if the issue persists, I suggest sending the drone in. We will diagnose when the drone arrives. If it is a warranty case and within the warranty period, you don't need to pay for the repair fee. Please contact our support for a further help. http://www.dji.com/support

Thank you for your answer.

I have one question:  If I decide to fly without the camera, could you tell me how to by-pass it in order to be able of flying the drone without getting errors as described?

I look forward to your answer.  Thanks.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

BobBob Posted at 2018-3-15 18:34

I have one question:  If I decide to fly without the camera, could you tell me how to by-pass it in order to be able of flying the drone without getting errors as described?

Sorry, to ensure the flight safety, we suggest flying with the camera functioned properly. Please contact our support for a further help.
2018-3-16
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Australia

BobBob Posted at 2018-3-15 18:34

I have one question:  If I decide to fly without the camera, could you tell me how to by-pass it in order to be able of flying the drone without getting errors as described?

If you decide to fly without the camera then you will be flying vlos purely.
My question to you is why would you want to do this these drones are basically flying cameras they are not racing drones or toys, to fly the drone without the camera functioning correctly is possible yes but you cannot stop the error messages they are automatically generated to let you know that something is wrong.
If you choose to fly without camera function then i guess you do so at your own risk.
Many pilots purely fly just for the fun of flying and never or hardly ever take photos or video, they keep the drone within easy vlos and dont fly at all using fpv ie the image provided by the camera.
2018-3-16
Use props
BobBob
lvl.3
Peru

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-3-16 02:29
If you decide to fly without the camera then you will be flying vlos purely.
My question to you is why would you want to do this these drones are basically flying cameras they are not racing drones or toys, to fly the drone without the camera functioning correctly is possible yes but you cannot stop the error messages they are automatically generated to let you know that something is wrong.
If you choose to fly without camera function then i guess you do so at your own risk.

Yes, you are right.

Do you know how to bypass the camera?
2018-3-20
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Australia

BobBob Posted at 2018-3-20 15:41
Yes, you are right.

Do you know how to bypass the camera?

Easy dont look at the screen. Watch the drone instead.  
2018-3-20
Use props
BobBob
lvl.3
Peru

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-3-20 18:44
Easy dont look at the screen. Watch the drone instead.

Its not so easy.

The camera is broken.  If it is broken, the software does not let you to fly the drone at all.

The camera is part of a serial connection network (CAN bus, I think).  My question was in this sense, a very technical issue.

Advantages of flying without the camera are:
1) Less power compsumption due to camera power requirements ( have you touched the camera during a normal fly?  It is very hot!!)
2) Less power consumption due to lower weight.
3) Less total weight

Regards.

2018-3-21
Use props
Gary Oliver P3A
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93209 ft

I have two P3A the first I crashed and snapped and bent  the gimbal arm so the camera is now detached. However it still flies perfectly, the app, map Etc still works. I just get a warning regarding the gimbal and camera
2018-5-13
Use props
BobBob
lvl.3
Spain

Gary Oliver P3A Posted at 5-13 15:28
I have two P3A the first I crashed and snapped and bent  the gimbal arm so the camera is now detached. However it still flies perfectly, the app, map Etc still works. I just get a warning regarding the gimbal and camera

So far, that is impossible.
2018-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules