S900 + E1200 + N3 + LB2 flipped immediately on arming
1952 7 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sftmthd
lvl.2
United States

my S900 has been flying well with the n3, lb2, and a gremsy gimbal.

last weekend:

today when i went to fly, upon arming the motors the copter IMMEDIATELY shot up (sort of sideways) and flipped over. i was taking off in atti mode as i always have. this was immediately on arming - i had not pushed the throttle above the halfway point for takeoff, and i'd be surprised if i had even released it from the down-center arming position. it also would not shut off with both sticks pushed down. i turned the radio off and back on and then it shut down. needless to say it's seriously damaged, and i'm seriously annoyed.

the only thing i can think of that i changed in the assistant software was switching from "sequential" to "standard" motor startup since i preferred the old startup sequence. please tell me this option didn't just cased $$$$ damage to my multi?
2018-2-10
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don’t have the same set up as you but about a year ago something similar happened to me. S1000 LB 1 and Zenmuse gimbal. I usually arm then start the motors then test the response for forward, Left, Rth and back just Incase before lifting off. This time I armed and like that it started and just lifted off straight up...I know your feeling..but I wrestled with the radio/on and off, turned off LB and even the radio..I don’t know what combo did it but it finally just started hovering about 100 feet. I was hoping RTH would kick in but it wasn’t doing anything..I turned LB back on and centered the sticks..luck was on my side and I was able to start a decent. It landed and I was shaking. To this day I have never been able to repeat this..not that I ever want to but I was lucky..I’m sorry you weren’t..
2018-2-10
Use props
sftmthd
lvl.2
United States

i just looked at the flight log in dji go, and the throttle is clearly all the way down for the entire "flight," including the time when it shoots up into the air at the beginning, obtaining an altitude of 4 feet before flipping over and biting the dust. all the props are toast, all the motors still spin but four of them make a sickly scraping sound. both landing skids and their brackets broken. about $700 of damage, easy.

ARGH
2018-2-10
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

sftmthd Posted at 2018-2-10 20:12
i just looked at the flight log in dji go, and the throttle is clearly all the way down for the entire "flight," including the time when it shoots up into the air at the beginning, obtaining an altitude of 4 feet before flipping over and biting the dust. all the props are toast, all the motors still spin but four of them make a sickly scraping sound. both landing skids and their brackets broken. about $700 of damage, easy.

ARGH

Sooo...could there have been an update? I’ve had an update reset the “rev” in the Assistant ....just thinking about possibilities...if you had the throttle all the way down but the “rev” was checked or unchecked then that could be another explanation....unlikely but possible....
2018-2-16
Use props
dynamo_au
lvl.1
Australia

i have a similar problem attempting the first flight with s800 & n3 armed ok went to lift of and it flipped on its back not sure whats going on there anyone help ????
2018-4-21
Use props
sftmthd
lvl.2
United States

i doubt it's the same problem as mine, which had to do with the mapping of the M/A/P modes in the lightbridge 2 combined with the new CSC. have you checked all the motor connections for correct number and direction in the n3 assistant, verified the center of gravity settings for the GPS and IMU, double and triple checked the propulsion bandwidth and gain?
2018-4-21
Use props
dynamo_au
lvl.1
Australia

sftmthd Posted at 2018-4-21 19:54
i doubt it's the same problem as mine, which had to do with the mapping of the M/A/P modes in the lightbridge 2 combined with the new CSC. have you checked all the motor connections for correct number and direction in the n3 assistant, verified the center of gravity settings for the GPS and IMU, double and triple checked the propulsion bandwidth and gain?

I set the machine up correctly for my s800 the correct settings for imu and GPS i have not tried it again as i dont have spare props after first incident
2018-5-5
Use props
sfmthd
lvl.2

what mode did you take off in?
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules