ESC error - Brand new Spark
1295 9 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Balaji_me
New
Australia

My wife gifted me a Dji spark. I unboxed and linked my phone and RC with the aircraft. However when I try to fly it, I get a ESC error and I am not able to fly my drone. Should I get it replaced?
2018-2-10
Use props
ZarcTheSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 460676 ft
United States

well... if your firmware is updated, then yes, start a return, in my opinion.   Electronic Speed Control is a motor issue.
2018-2-10
Use props
Balaji_me
New
Australia

Thanks Zarc. Yes the firmware is up to date. I will have to get replaced then.
2018-2-10
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Balaji_me Posted at 2018-2-10 20:33
Thanks Zarc. Yes the firmware is up to date. I will have to get replaced then.

One of my models had a new Castle Creations ESC fail on its second flight.  Their engineer told me that if ESC's are going to fail that they would do it early in its life.  He then mailed me a new one.  I have never had a problem with an ESC since.  
2018-2-10
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

this is normal while your props get stuck in an obstacle.  I had the same issue.  just run the spark again at idle and restart GO4 app.If the problem persists simply reinstall the software again..
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, have you returned the drone yer? If you haven't, since you're sure that the drone is running with the latest firmware, please try to restart the drone a couple of times, if the issue persists, I also suggest sending the drone in, contact our support to start a case or contact your dealer if your wife purchased it from the dealer for help.
Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support
Thank you.
2018-2-12
Use props
Balaji_me
New
Australia

That's a bit consoling. Thanks Gunship9 .
2018-2-12
Use props
Balaji_me
New
Australia

I returned the drone today and got a new one. Charging the batteries right now. Will update the thread soon.
2018-2-12
Use props
djiuser_mxp7X0b70XrQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5272 ft
United Kingdom

Balaji_me Posted at 2018-2-12 02:32
I returned the drone today and got a new one. Charging the batteries right now. Will update the thread soon.

Can I ask how you did it? Do they give you a redemption code for a new aircraft? Do they require receipt of faulty item first? What country are you in?
2018-2-13
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

I presume it is a one to one exchange at the shop that he bought it. Normally resellers do honour these considered as DOA exchanges.
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules