controlling the camera on RTH mode
480 4 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nikolaous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1068894 ft
Cyprus

Hi. I wonder why I cant take control of  the camera  while  having activated RTH. I tried to film a  landsape while returning  home(RTH MODE) and  I couldnt turn the camera to film something on its left . I know that i  can deactivate RTH but I dindt want to. Any ideas ? Thanks

2018-2-10
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

If you turned the camera then the obstacle avoidance cameras would not be looking in the direction the drone was flying and there could be an accident!

Hopefully the P5 will solve this problem by allowing the main camera to turn independently of the aircraft, but that would need retractable landing gear, or maybe 360 obstacle avoidance cameras.  With the P4 we also have the same problem in course lock mode,  POI mode, etc...

Of course on a P3 there is no obstacle avoidance, so I'm not sure...
2018-2-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

As I understand it, RTH is pre-programmed to do one thing ie: Get the bird back to homepoint safely when contact has been lost.  It heads home like a homing pigeon, in a straight line, and will not deviate. Once contact has been re-established then cancelling the RTH would be the logical way to achieve what you wanted. Don't understand why you would be reluctant to do that.
2018-2-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As return to home is in a straight line, you could have cancelled that and used intelligent flight mode 'Home Lock'. This flies you home in a straight line, but allows full rotation of aircraft and camera elevation.

https://www.dji.com/intelligent-flight-modes
2018-2-11
Use props
nikolaous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1068894 ft
Greece

Thank you for your helpful hints,
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now