flight simulator crashes
6700 13 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FastBug
New
Flight distance : 7493 ft
Spain

Android (Sony Z3 with 6.01) + latest DJI Go: The flight simulator crashes right after the initialization. It looks like it will start, but after a second the program returns to the start menu. Error message: failed to enter the flight simulator. Simulator is only available when aircraft is connected .... BUT IT IS!

Video:  
https://tinyurl.com/yc7jrc37

No difference after firmware updates and latest version of DJI Go. Anyone else with the same experience? Otherwise, I seem to be one of the few who has no software crashes while flying, that's a good thing
;-)

2018-2-11
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

my situation is exactly as yours is: sony z3 latest app - crashes after initialisation - looks to start, goes to second screen (bue screen with green focus square) but then blanks out to white (full screen) then goes back to start page. Same error message - says aircraft not connected - yet the is connected. i turned off the drone per the app message and switched on again - same story. In short i have exactly the same experience - not working.
2018-2-11
Use props
PedalingDuo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31896 ft
United States

Yep.  Same exact situation on a Galaxy S5.  To reconnect, or link, to the drone after this failure I have to power down everything and start again.  I have all af the latest software and firmware updates.  By the way, how did you record the screenshot that you posted?
2018-2-12
Use props
PedalingDuo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31896 ft
United States

Thanks for the info.  I went to DJI Support Chat and gave them the link to your post on the Simulator.  They said that they would report this problem to the Engineers.  Hope they fix it.

Thanks again
2018-2-13
Use props
Thegnoos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103179 ft
France

Exactly the same problem on Sony Z3 compact (6.0.1).

Hope they allow to us it ASAP !
2018-2-21
Use props
MikeW2
lvl.1
United States

Same.
Latest Android Go 4 app & firmwares, on a LG Stylo & Alcatel Onetouch.

2018-3-2
Use props
Eraser339
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25502 ft
Australia

Same with Samsung galaxy note 3. I was indoors with no GPS. Phone is in developer mode with USB connect set to Media Transfer Protocol(MTP). Also in developer mode I have GPU set to be used. Will take outside and try again. It works on my Samsung Tab. The Note also has the DJI app for Phantom 2+
2018-3-25
Use props
Localeyes
lvl.1
New Zealand

I have the same as you have shown in your video - the simulator loads up to the point where it says " The simulator is ready, start the motors" and then it is supposed to show the virtual drone flying, but instead the app crashes to a blank screen and then reverts back to the Academy starting page.

I have tried it on the following devices (P4P)

Nexus 5 running Android 6.0.1 and DJI Go 4  4.2.16 (crashes without loading simulator)
Nexus 7 2013 4G version, running 6.0.1 and DJI Go 4.2.16

Alcatel Pixi 4 running Android 6.0 and DJI Go 4 2.16 (runs simulator - but with a refresh rate of about .008 fps)

I eventually got a simulator to work......
(a) installed DJI Assistant 2 on Windows 10 laptop and opened it
(b) connected laptop USB port to drone usb port
(c) was then able to select my aircraft and open the simulator, (but found that the controller moved some numbers but made no change to the virtual drone)
(d) then connected Nexus 5 to controller and found that you need to use the DJI Go 4 app as well - you need to 'go fly' and use the display to launch the drone (but because it is in simulator mode it launches the virtual drone on the laptop display, and from there I was able to use the controller to simulate the drone with the display on the laptop.
2018-6-5
Use props
Localeyes
lvl.1
New Zealand

Localeyes Posted at 2018-6-5 03:11
I have the same as you have shown in your video - the simulator loads up to the point where it says " The simulator is ready, start the motors" and then it is supposed to show the virtual drone flying, but instead the app crashes to a blank screen and then reverts back to the Academy starting page.

I have tried it on the following devices (P4P)

Also add a Nexus 4 running 5.1.1 and DJI Go 4  4.2.16 to the crash list
I had a look at an iPhone 4 lying around - but it was incompatible with DJI Go 4

One time I did notice a brief message about the Unity engine - is this what DJI uses for the simulated display?
2018-6-5
Use props
himmels
New
Flight distance : 3392 ft
Germany

the same prob with Samsung Galaxy S5
2018-6-14
Use props
Gerardo Jimenez
lvl.1

Same on a Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 10.1
2018-7-31
Use props
djiuser_pHQgJhpjYUZq
New

United States

Issue of simulator crashing!! It's Feb 2019, how long does DJI take to fix this?
2019-2-17
Use props
MMirko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55226 ft
United States

Samsung galaxy with Phantom 4, simulator crashes after looking like all is well at startup.
2019-2-25
Use props
djiuser_PWsXxnKXNjDU
New

United States

dont these idiots test the software/
2020-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules